'A Plague Tale: Requiem' gets launch trailer

plague tale.PNG

Plague Tale: Requiem, the sequel to 2019's Plague Tale: Innocence, launches today. For the occasion, a launch trailer was aired:

The heartrending story of Amicia and Hugo De Rune continues. Embark on their next journey and venture south of 14th century France before setting sail to a mysterious island out in the Mediterranean Sea. Brave a terrible fate, looking for the cure to heal Hugo’s illness, and discover the cost of saving those you love in a desperate struggle for survival within a dark, plague-ridden medieval world twisted by otherworldly forces.

This new chapter stays true to the series’ defining sense of history and strong narrative direction and expands gameplay possibilities, granting extra freedom to players within a more open environment. Choose to strike from the shadow or to unleash hell, turning to Amicia’s new resources—including the use of alchemy to manipulate fire and the long-distance power of a crossbow, but also her cunning use of terrain and ability to wrestle out of an enemy’s grasp.

Designed for long-time fans and newcomers alike, this next-gen exclusive production brings a whole new level of realism and immersion, delivering a sublime visual experience through the bright new Mediterranean setting and the characteristic contrast between light and dark of the series.

A Plague Tale: Requiem is out now on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PC and in Cloud Version on Nintendo Switch. Be sure to keep an eye out for our full review!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not me, If PS5 gets hacked eventually - I'll buy one and play it on that. There's no way I'm paying for something that I will never own.
Stadia owne-- Never mind, that's gonna cease to exist.

The customers who spend tons of money are lucky they're getting a refund, but they shouldn't as a lesson and they did so with their consent.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, very niche indeed - but If you want to make pofits, well you need to make something that people actually want.
If I had to guess, the alternative to this was never a true Switch version, but rather nothing at all. From that perspective, some money for minimal extra work is a nice bonus.

Reactions: mrdude

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, who's behind all these cloud version games on switch? There are more than a dozen of them by now, like resident evil, kingdom hearts, control, hitman 3 and the previous plague game. I tried several of them and despite I have 500M cable internet and very stable ping, I can feel the input lag and it's a very bad experience. You can say switch is underpowered but don't forget we got amazing ports like witcher 3 and dark souls. Bottom line don't buy them, definitely not worth the money.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very 'bad' reviews for at least the PC edition. 'Bad' in the sense that it is a very bad performing game and you need a beast of a machine (like >3080 Gpu) to get it running smoothly and even then this game tops out your cpu (youtube has some examples)
So my trusty 1080ti on Ultra Wide Monitor probably won't work (perhaps gsync will help?)

Last edited by lafleche,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very 'bad' reviews for at least the PC edition. 'Bad' in the sense that it is a very bad performing game and you need a beast of a machine (like >3080 Gpu) to get it running smoothly and even then this game tops out your cpu (youtube has some examples)
So my trusty 1080ti on Ultra Wide Monitor probably won't work (perhaps gsync will help?)
Tried on 3080ti/11700k and it runs at 60-80fps with 4k resolution ultra settings and dlss on quality. Also tried on another pc with 2070s/11400 and it runs at 30-40fps with 4k resolution ultra settings and dlss on quality. At 1080p with dlss on it runs at 60-70fps, without dlss about 30-40fps. If you reduce graphics settings a bit I think you could reach 60fps@1080p on 1080ti so it's not that bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay