Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well my friend just got a DSL and I told her about flash cards. Is the DSTT still a good buy and is it easy to use. She is bad with complicated stuff and is there a beginngers guide for flash cards?

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSTT is great, but there are quite a few problems that you face having a flash cart like this.

These include:

- Rom loading failure
- Corruption that requires constant reformatting
- Any long cheats run of the screen and are unreadable.
- Notes that are underneath the cheats are not shown on this flash cart

So there you have it. Tell your friend to get a CycloDS or an EDGE or something. Just don't get an R4 or M3. Overall, the DSTT isn't really that bad.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The DSTT is great, it has problems once in a while but is a great Card for a beginner. It does what it's supposed to and it does it very well.

Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Umm my friend likes to play games like mario party and they run find on the DSTT right? I only have a m3 and a cyclo and she don't have money to get one of those at the moment.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ThePinkOne said:
Umm my friend likes to play games like mario party and they run find on the DSTT right? I only have a m3 and a cyclo and she don't have money to get one of those at the moment.

Yes, the DSTT has around 98% compatibility, and those are proven to work.

Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where should I order it from. I was going to order it from dealxtreme but someone in the m3 section got a fake m3 so I don't know where to order?
frown.gif

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
honestly i got mine in 7 days from http://ebuyrealm.com/ and i live in Canada, so that was fast. very satisfied with them.

also they respond very quickly to e-mails.

i would recommened newegg.com/ca for your micro SD, also extremely fast. and utterly cheap

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
The DSTT is great, but there are quite a few problems that you face having a flash cart like this.

These include:

- Rom loading failure

So there you have it. Tell your friend to get a CycloDS or an EDGE or something. Just don't get an R4 or M3. Overall, the DSTT isn't really that bad.

I've never had a single instance of the first two problems you list (sounds more like a defective SD card issue to me), and the last two problems are incredibly minor and can be eliminated by using YSMenu anyway.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tbgtbg said:
Hehe Moo said:

These include:

- Rom loading failure

I've never had a single instance of the first two problems you list (sounds more like a defective SD card issue to me), and the last two problems are incredibly minor and can be eliminated by using YSMenu anyway.

The top two actually happen to a LOT of people. Here are a few links to topics...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110908
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=716...15&start=15
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=94138

Perhaps you should consider the fact that you are not the only person on the planet using a DSTT?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT is a good cart for someone who doesn't want to deal with folders, but it also lacks some other useful features of other carts (like sorting ROMs alphabetically). Other carts in a similar price range such as the Acekard 2 offer lots more features, a prettier and more responsive menu system, and aren't difficult to use. But if your friend is truly unable to navigate folders, the DSTT might be worth considering.

Dealextreme.com is aware of the fakes and at one time they had received some fakes from a supplier and didn't realize they were fakes. Now they sell real ones, although every once in a while you'll hear of someone who gets a fake from them (presumably left from that batch of fakes they received) and they readily offer to exchange them for real ones. So, bottom line: it's unlikely you'll get a fake from dealextreme.com and if you do they'll make it right (they'll even pay the return shipping).

Also, if you happen to receive a faulty cart (again unlikely but possible), dealextreme.com will exchange it for a good one one.

-Bri

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rom loading failure and constant reformatting are (in my case) indeed caused by bad sd-cards. It is however not always immediately visible that it is indeed the sd-card that gives the problems, because it reformats ok and windows can write to them perfectly (in my case).

Bottom line:
Just use Sandisk/Kingston-sd-cards and you'll be fine, afaik.

EDIT:

dealextreme shipping times are about 2 weeks for me (pretty long). They do, however, stick to their prices and are a trustworthy company that almost always ships or refunds your money.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow.. I've never heard of this. Looks great! for $10.70!!

Hmmm DealExtreme seems a bit shifty to me... why would they sell stuff for $10?!

EDIT: Also.. it says In Stock: "ships in 1 to 3 days"
Is that bullcrap?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The bullcrap is the shipping time
Thats about it

(edit) Also:
Hehe Moo said:
- Rom loading failure
The last two points are fixed in YSMenu, and the Rom loading failure is due to fragmented ROMs, or if the rom is uncombatilbe. I've never had corruption failures.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
Bri have you bought anything from DealExtreme?

I heard the prices are amazing... :wtf:

Yup! The prices are great. The shipping time stinks (usually 2 to 3 weeks if the item is in-stock).

cepheus said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613

Order this one! It takes a while to ship as with all DX stuff but it is the new DSTT (U-shaped microsd slot).

Note that that one doesn't have a microSD reader with it, so you'll either need to buy one separately or get this one (which comes with a crappy microSD reader for less than a dollar more): http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289

QUOTE(Hehe Moo @ Nov 2 2008, 07:07 PM)
Ah.. ok. I don't understand how they can sell stuff for 10 bucks that is usually sold for 40-60!

Anyone selling a DSTT for $40 or $60 is ripping you off. They might be $20 from some places (usually with faster shipping). Note that the Acekard 2 (which has one of the best menus of any flash cart made) isn't much more expensive from dealextreme. Dealextreme is the real deal -- I've purchased from them many times. They're reputable and they stand behind their products.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh