kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My wii automatically updated itself (disabled now) to 3.3E, i have a PAL wii with HBC, severall apps including the 0.1 WiiGator loader and the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad

In how much trouble am i really? Can i Downgrade with these settings? (And how much of a risk would i be taking?)

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.4 isn't out yet...

we're still working with 3.3a and 3.3b... the newest is 3.3b, which disables intsalling WADs and channels...

Some european countries don't have the laws that state that Nintendo must let you decided to install an update... your best bet to stop from updating even more by default is to turn off WiiConnect24...

If your really paranoid, get the LAN adapter, turn off Wireless, and only connect your Wii to the internet when you need to play an online game.

As for 3.3b, yea, your pretty screwed if you got it... the dev's are working on a fix, but it might be a day or two...

kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm GUESSING WiiConnect24 installed it without asking me, as i have not updated my wii for a long time and 3.3E is a very recent firmware version it would seem. I've already disabled WiiConnect24 ( i hadn't used my wii in a while and had forgotten to turn it off )

how BAD is 3.3E compared to 3.3A or B?
Or is 3.3E something else in another's region? (ea: 3.3U)

I'm just asking out of curiosity since i think i'll be fine with Waninkiko's IOS Downgrader 1.2

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quck question. Why is anybody using backup launcher .1 still?

Posts merged

I mean we all know the website to .2 already. Jeese luise.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, wtf
blink.gif

The Wii cannot automatically update itself.

Maybe someone in the family did it?

Nintendo cannot automatically update your Wii without the owners permission, it's against their contract.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yeah, wtf

The Wii cannot automatically update itself.

Maybe someone in the family did it?

Nintendo cannot automatically update your Wii without the owners permission, it's against their contract.
EXACTLY, i don't care what anyone says, Nintendo by law have to prompt you,
THAT'S WHY YOU RECEIVE A MESSAGE REGARDING THE UPDATE!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kashin said:
I'm GUESSING WiiConnect24 installed it without asking me, as i have not updated my wii for a long time and 3.3E is a very recent firmware version it would seem. I've already disabled WiiConnect24 ( i hadn't used my wii in a while and had forgotten to turn it off )

how BAD is 3.3E compared to 3.3A or B?
Or is 3.3E something else in another's region? (ea: 3.3U)

I'm just asking out of curiosity since i think i'll be fine with Waninkiko's IOS Downgrader 1.2
There is no 3.3A and 3.3B, what he meant was 3.3aE and 3.3bE. Where you see 3.3E or 3.3U, those letters are the country code. There are two different versions of 3.3. The new "3.3b" was just released yesterday (or was it Wednesday?), which is causing all the chaos. It's not necessarily BAD considering you already have cIOS and HBC installed. Just ride it out, everything will be known soon enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Literally 300 lbs. lolol