A Tale of Two vWii Systems

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pair of Wii U consoles and both of their vWii systems are having some trouble. I'm not sure where to start with resolving the issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

vWii 1 - Is refusing to boot any homebrew from USB. If I tell the HBC to find a USB drive it crashes. This is my wife's main Wii U and I wanted to make a separate GameCube HDD complete with GC menu theme and music for USB Loader GX.

vWii 2 - Now, this system is my baby 😍. Holds all of my sentimental Nintendo memories. Sadly this console gives me the corrupt files message. I can 100% get into vWii by using the (+) (-) (A) combination (service mode). Just pushing (A) to start vWii is a 70/30 chance I get the damn corrupt files error. Once I'm in vWii. There's a 50/50 chance I can play something, head back to the Wii Menu and then all is good and I get full access. The other half of the time I have to restart my Wii U. Haven't truly enjoyed WiiWare because of this issue 😞.

I'm sure someone will ask for log files. What homebrew app should I use to create logs for both machines? BTW, thanks in advance to anyone that decides to help.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what version of CIOS do you have installed?

or post a syscheck report, here for more details.

prefer an external hard drive, so that it works much better

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, I was just looking at my Library of eBooks yesterday, and when I saw this post, I thought "Is there a sequel to the book"

The A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

A Tale of Two Cities.png

Sorry for chiming in on this thread, but your title caught my eye.

• Haha
Reactions: LightyKD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a pair of Wii U consoles and both of their vWii systems are having some trouble. I'm not sure where to start with resolving the issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

vWii 1 - Is refusing to boot any homebrew from USB. If I tell the HBC to find a USB drive it crashes. This is my wife's main Wii U and I wanted to make a separate GameCube HDD complete with GC menu theme and music for USB Loader GX.

vWii 2 - Now, this system is my baby 😍. Holds all of my sentimental Nintendo memories. Sadly this console gives me the corrupt files message. I can 100% get into vWii by using the (+) (-) (A) combination (service mode). Just pushing (A) to start vWii is a 70/30 chance I get the damn corrupt files error. Once I'm in vWii. There's a 50/50 chance I can play something, head back to the Wii Menu and then all is good and I get full access. The other half of the time I have to restart my Wii U. Haven't truly enjoyed WiiWare because of this issue 😞.

I'm sure someone will ask for log files. What homebrew app should I use to create logs for both machines? BTW, thanks in advance to anyone that decides to help.
I think HBC crashes if you switch to USB and the drive is not FAT32 formatted.
In any case, homebrew on USB is not ideal on the Wii U. You can't use uStealth, so the Wii U will be constantly nagging you to format the drive.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In any case, homebrew on USB is not ideal on the Wii U. You can't use uStealth (I'm pretty sure), so the Wii U will be constantly nagging you to format the drive.
I don't keep the external drives plugged in at all times. Over here, the fam is used to the idea of plugging in the drive needed at said time before booting the Wii U. For my personal console I have a "3 drive system" with my GameCube and Wii drives booting different themes in USB Loader.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished testing my personal Wii and GameCube drives on vWii #1. So my Wife's vWii is perfectly happy with booting directly into the GameCube drive from opening the USB Loader GX channel. Wii drive on the other hand fails to initialize.

I can boot the Wii drive via USB in the homebrew channel but through the USB Loader GX Channel via app on HDD is a no-go. I also decided to place USB Loader GX onto the Mrs' Wii drive. Ironically, that worked 🤣!

At this point I need to use a different HDD for GameCube stuff with vWii 1. Problem solved for this system. NOW, onto vWii 2. I have zero clue why I keep getting the corrupted files error 😞. It has been a thing since 2014. Otherwise the system runs like a champ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2