A variety of Xbox 360 games are getting unknown updates prior to tomorrow's Xbox 20th anniversary event

Xbox-Logo-2010.jpg

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the Microsoft Xbox, and with that special date comes an anniversary stream from the Xbox team, celebrating everything from the past two decades. Curiously, some Xbox games from the past two decades have gotten some mysterious patches prior to the live stream event. Titles like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fable Anniversary, Fable 3, Dead Space 1 and 3, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion have all gotten new updates, which don't appear to add anything immediately noticeable. These weird unknown updates might be a part of tomorrow's reveals, though, so be sure to tune in to the Xbox stream tomorrow at 10am PT/5pm GMT.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the updates will probably find themselves on unity. not sure why, but the original update folder at the beginning was the cache folder of the internal hdd, then they changed to 000B00000 folders of the title id folders themselves. I think some games still used the cache folder, and you can tell which goes where based on the length of the filename for each. long filenames go in cache; short in the folder above. I guess what's long or short is relative, but it's also kinda obvious if you see them side by side.

EagleRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Can't we all just enjoy the consoles we want? I say this as a PS4 owner
I meant it as a joke. Anyone can play any console. I never really played the Xbox consoles before and I was hoping maybe get the Xbox Series X to play Halo, but I don't think that is coming true due to scalpers. It breaks my heart.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was testing the disc swapping with dashlaunch instead of FSD, and I'm at this one point in lost odyssey where the main character kicks a pipe or something, and goes rolling off, before a boss fight in some cave. it looked pretty cheap that I almost laughed. now, these games seem so primitive. I like retro stuff though, but some 3d things can look pretty hilarious when they're done poorly.

EagleRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. I really wish fanboyism would die off.
I am no fan of Playstation, I'm just simply making a joke. I do wish Microsoft make all of their controllers as rechargeable built-in batteries as Sony does. I am not a fan nor the money to keep buying AAs just to play the system. I don't have Xbox Series or One. I only see stuff online.

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am no fan of Playstation, I'm just simply making a joke. I do wish Microsoft make all of their controllers as rechargeable built-in batteries as Sony does. I am not a fan nor the money to keep buying AAs just to play the system. I don't have Xbox Series or One. I only see stuff online.

I liked the lighter PS4 controller but They both get the job done in the end.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one uses AA iirc, but I'm not sure about the series x. I bought a one controller without owning the system, since the xbox controller feels the best. it's just the dpad on the 360 is terrible, even the adjustable one is bad. I somewhat like it with AA batteries as it gives the controller some weight, and you don't have to have a cable sticking into the controller or on a charging station when the battery runs out. playstation controllers don't last long on a single charge, not compared with nintendo ones anyway. 360 controllers can last a while with AA batteries.

EagleRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels good to have enough money to buy whichever console. Imagine just sticking to one in this day and age as if it matters.
Actually, I was playing the ps4 all this time and ended stoping playing my console because all everybody does is play stupid online rather than focus on completing easter eggs and goals in Call of Duty. I got fed up and tired of people who don't want to work together online. I prefer the switch to bypass that issue, but I haven't really played many video games much. And I don't have much money and refuse to buy scalper price. Heck the $500 before taxes for ps5 or Xbox Series X is pushing me away as it.

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

EagleRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one uses AA iirc, but I'm not sure about the series x. I bought a one controller without owning the system, since the xbox controller feels the best. it's just the dpad on the 360 is terrible, even the adjustable one is bad. I somewhat like it with AA batteries as it gives the controller some weight, and you don't have to have a cable sticking into the controller or on a charging station when the battery runs out. playstation controllers don't last long on a single charge, not compared with nintendo ones anyway. 360 controllers can last a while with AA batteries.
In my experience the ps4 controllers last good, not the greatest, nor as good as Nintendo's, but Nintendo has made their controllers different and in different ways than Microsoft and Sony.

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I was playing the ps4 all this time and ended stoping playing my console because all everybody does is play stupid online rather than focus on completing easter eggs and goals in Call of Duty. I got fed up and tired of people who don't want to work together online. I prefer the switch to bypass that issue, but I haven't really played many video games much. And I don't have much money and refuse to buy scalper price. Heck the $500 before taxes for ps5 or Xbox Series X is pushing me away as it.
I never buy from scalpers. I just wait to find something at msrp otherwise I don't worry about it. I've had some pretty good luck so far. That said I barely bother with them. They're in the living room for when I have guests over and they wanna play or watch stuff. Otherwise I'm always on my computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right...