Gaming Abit mobo 2xPCI-E.and readon 4xxx

dweirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Which Abit mother board supports SLI and DDR II 800?
it needs to be good for overclocking
biggrin.gif
, cause iv just seen that my mobo (OLD 1,i have 6600GT p4 3.0GHZ. Abit as8, 512 mb sdram) has a ABIT guru which overclocks for you easily, no need to be super dooper genius in computers.
ill choose abit because i dont know how to overclock except this program.
btw i heard that the new radeon series is coming out this month, so should i get my 2*8800GT 512 mb? or wait for 9800gt or 4870X2?
thank you in advance
biggrin.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much all motherboards have an somewhat auto overclocking option

I would just wait for the 4870 because of benchmarks that were leaked with supposedly beat the 9800GX2 by a landslide in crysis and such

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get an Asus motherboard. Those perform much better and have much better OCing capabilities. If you don't want to pay a large price, go for a Gigabyte (one of the new P45 ones). And yes, go for the HD4870X2. ATI has better drivers than Nvidia by a massive stretch. If you get SLI 8800GT, you have to note that SLI is still pretty bad under the drivers (I'm using it right now and I can't even run CoD4 properly).

Also note that the 9800GT will still be based on the G92 core - a.k.a still old shit recycled for the last f*cking 3 years. The HD4870X2 (I believe) is a new core.

And finally, the Intel chipsets are the best out there. One problem - it doesn't support SLI because Nvidia's a selfish company. The Intel chipsets support Crossfire though, which is a massive plus since CrossfireX is really handy (you can mix and match any HD series card). You'll need a Nvidia chipset to run SLI.

dweirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thanks for the help
biggrin.gif
, btw does intel make better performance with ATI than AMD?
and when you buy an Asus board do they give an overclock program as abit?

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I know that the new AMD chipsets (700 series) have something called AMD Overdrive which overclocks your computer to the highest possible as well as making sure it's stable. About the Asus overclocking program... I'm not too sure... but in the BIOS, you can set the overclocking profiles eg. OC a few MHz to the FSB or whatever like that (which adds a few hundred MHz to your CPU).

And as for Intel performing better than AMD with ATI cards, it does since the chipset is really good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...