Accessing WII U HDD? Region lock problem.

Mailo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a Japanese Wii U and I am finding my way with homebrew.

I have a common problem that Super Mario 3D world will not run beyond the title screen because of the region lock even if I use Spiik, there are several games that are known not to run well. I can run the game in Japanese, no problem, but it won't run in any other language. So I have only one option left to change the contents of some folders of the Japanese version with the English version and hope it runs. For that I need access to the USB drive that I use as an external storage on the Wii U, but can't seem to find a way to access it. If I connect it to my computer it does not open and with FileZilla I only access the SD card, but not the USB.

Could anyone help me how to that?

Thanks a lot :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a Japanese Wii U and I am finding my way with homebrew.

I have a common problem that Super Mario 3D world will not run beyond the title screen because of the region lock even if I use Spiik, there are several games that are known not to run well. I can run the game in Japanese, no problem, but it won't run in any other language. So I have only one option left to change the contents of some folders of the Japanese version with the English version and hope it runs. For that I need access to the USB drive that I use as an external storage on the Wii U, but can't seem to find a way to access it. If I connect it to my computer it does not open and with FileZilla I only access the SD card, but not the USB.

Could anyone help me how to that?

Thanks a lot :)

You sure modding is even legal for you since you are in Japan?

Mailo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ettino man, I have spent two full days trying to run this thing reading online everything I could find, installing it from all sources and ways that I found and the only way it would run is in Japanese BUT you wise man have solved all my problems by telling me to use Aroma. Thank you and may you have an awesome day.

Hayato, I am not sure if that is the case, it never occurred to me.

Reactions: Ettino and Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @SylverReZ its a single player game