ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

hawawa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi sorry again, but I beat the first case but since I forgot to put my emulator on my desktop I lost my save, can someone tell me how to patch Case 2 part 1 to the game? It doesn't seem to be working

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
a question
is it possible to play it on my 3ds?
i can run it on desmune but i would like to play it "normally" but my gateway blue can't seem to read the patched file...
and how do i use this endrypts?
the fact is that my pc (and the tool...)doesn't even recognize the patched file as a nds file...but it still runs on desmune...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a question
is it possible to play it on my 3ds?
i can run it on desmune but i would like to play it "normally" but my gateway blue can't seem to read the patched file...
It should be possible - I know it works fine on the 3DS with my DS2. It's probably the gateway blue card being shit. Maybe there's a version of Retrogamefan's multifirmware that'll work on it?

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It should be possible - I know it works fine on the 3DS with my DS2. It's probably the gateway blue card being shit. Maybe there's a version of Retrogamefan's multifirmware that'll work on it?
thank you for your concern.
i solved it
i just needed to change the extension and add .nds to make the system recognized it.
anyway don't be too hard on the r4,it was the most successful card of the ds era

Runaruu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the patch! :D

Got through the first two cases alright, but for some reason, the game always freezes at the beginning of the third case at the cutscene right after the Piece of Cake commercial is finished. I'm using Desmume. Help would be greatly appreciated. ^.^

GreenStocke

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Signed up to say thanks to the hard work of all the people involved in this amazing project!
I am extremely grateful and excited to play some more AA. Great work, guys.

alely

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great job on the project!

Other than that, I used beat for patching, I am using Desume (Latest) for emulation, and I used the save-file for Case 4 part 3 (Middle 1)
I get this weird bug where, in evidence, most text entries gives me a black screen, and some pictures are black too. Any clues as to why this might happen? If you need more info, just ask!

Edit: I can be ultra specific too:
  • Autopsy report- first page some green lines, second page I get the full body image, when I then go back to the first page, its all black.
  • Keycard record, Ticket stub, Victims letter, Letter and Grand Tower pamphlet are all black.
  • Strangely enough, all the 3D objects work, (The candelabra, and the Badge)
  • Profiles are ok.
  • Normal conversations are ok.
  • Music is ok.
  • Everything else is ok.

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great job on the project!

Other than that, I used beat for patching, I am using Desume (Latest) for emulation, and I used the save-file for Case 4 part 3 (Middle 1)
I get this weird bug where, in evidence, most text entries gives me a black screen, and some pictures are black too. Any clues as to why this might happen? If you need more info, just ask!

Edit: I can be ultra specific too:
  • Autopsy report- first page some green lines, second page I get the full body image, when I then go back to the first page, its all black.
  • Keycard record, Ticket stub, Victims letter, Letter and Grand Tower pamphlet are all black.
  • Strangely enough, all the 3D objects work, (The candelabra, and the Badge)
  • Profiles are ok.
  • Normal conversations are ok.
  • Music is ok.
  • Everything else is ok.
That's a known problem, it's even stated in the original post. You should use DeSmuME 0.9.9

Reactions: ComeTurismO

chaostails7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the translation! When I saw that this was complete, it felt like Christmas had come early. So looking forward to the game!

Legday

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I ask for help I just want to say thanks for everything you guys have done. This kind of thing takes many hours and since you obviously must understand Japanese it was 100% selfless. I'm really excited since finding this place.

However, can someone please help me with the patching?

I've read the instructions in the first post, I've read the user manual for BEAT, I've tried all kinds of combinations including making a copy of the nds file. But I don't know how to patch this.

first i select the BPS file
then i select the nds file that i want patched (i wont say how I obtained it)
then i have to save a third file? So I'm guessing i just make the file anything so I gave it some random name and saved. But I couldn't play that file even after making it an nds file

I also had an issue of not being able to play either file on demsume version 9.10 or 9.6; and if i try to play the file that i created, i cant even pause it, and I think that demsume doesnt recogonize it as a game

edit: shortly after i downloaded batch my antivirus removed something called a just cloud setup exefile i doubt it has anything to do with the batch but i dont know

edit2: i've been working on this issue and decided that BEAT patcher is too obscure and gave up. So I went to the xDelta patcher instead. I kept getting this "xdelta3 target window checksum mismatch" error. I tried keeping everything in the same folder, renaming different files, etc but to no avail. I even checked around the internet for different mentions of this error but no one seemed to have solved it. I even researched the root cause of it and it appears that it has to do with an incorrect source file but I'm very confident that my source file (clean rom) is correct.

Any insight?

Legday

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKAY!

I solved the problem

I redownloaded the ROM (dont ask me about this) and it worked fine.

I've done some tests and the issue is that when you copy the ROM file (using the copy command after you download it) it renders the ROM unusable for whatever reason.

I suspect that people are getting this error because they are preemptively making copies of the ROM.

I hope this helps people out!

edit: you guys did a great job by the way, thanks again

zyborg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is incredible! Finally, I can play this game! However, with Windows 8 and DeSmuMe 0.9.9, I'm getting the "save screen with no buttons" glitch, so I cannot continue...

stevethemima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly the patch is absolutely stunning and I want to thank Auryn and the team from the bottom of my heart for making it happen.

I think that I may have encountered a small bug in the latest patch, and I've attempted to document it [rather poorly I'm afraid] in an imgur album here:

http://imgur.com/RggYSrr&q6KNhp6&bTfYXRy&5Senrum&uu8mSad&2JOE17h#0

It doesn't render the game unplayable by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought I would mention it nontheless. If I am talking complete nonsense, then please delete my post.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
I think that I may have encountered a small bug in the latest patch, and I've attempted to document it [rather poorly I'm afraid] in an imgur album here:

http://imgur.com/RggYSrr&q6KNhp6&bTfYXRy&5Senrum&uu8mSad&2JOE17h#0

It doesn't render the game unplayable by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought I would mention it nontheless. If I am talking complete nonsense, then please delete my post.

We are aware of this.

5) Know issues

b) A second issue is that when you load a savegame, it's possible that you will get an empty
text box.

The text box isn't empty anymore but text is still cut when you go back from Evidence/Profile screen or if you resume a save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows