Hacking Acekard 2.1+

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received an Acekard 2 v2.1 a few days ago FROM Acekard... it had the old style clamshell retail package. and green pcb inside with the Actel chip sticking through the case.

Then i saw this:

Original thread: http://bbs.yyjoy.com/thread-108176-1-1.html

Google translation to Engrish: http://74.125.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&amp...G8KWoLMuCnGy61Q

Posted 2008-9-25 (pics in folder 2008/09/23)... the pcb appears black, the actel chip that normally protrudes through the case is missing, and it is in a box instead of clamshell.
The SST chip is identical, but it is missing some caps on the usb side.

56490_200809231735161.jpg

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
so it appears you got the fixed ak2 renumbered as 2.1. those images and info seem to point to a new designed 2.1 called the 2.1+. i can't pull up any good info on it yet, and this is only the second post i've read, and still no one has one.

lets hope its not another clone...... i can't wait for all the "do i have an ak clone" posts!

however, what if these images are mockup fakes? it does look a bit like a photoshopped copy of the rpg case.

-another world

TheTrixRabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same looking one. Just mine came in the clear plastic case. I was wondering what was up after not seeing two websites on the bottom.

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheTrixRabbit said:
I have the same looking one. Just mine came in the clear plastic case. I was wondering what was up after not seeing two websites on the bottom.

You got a black pcb version? or a green 2.1 that came in the plastic clamshell? (mine was ak2 v2.1 in plastic)

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
so it appears you got the fixed ak2 renumbered as 2.1. those images and info seem to point to a new designed 2.1 called the 2.1+. i can't pull up any good info on it yet, and this is only the second post i've read, and still no one has one.

lets hope its not another clone...... i can't wait for all the "do i have an ak clone" posts!

however, what if these images are mockup fakes? it does look a bit like a photoshopped copy of the rpg case.

-another world
Exactly, I noticed that too, and I think the other guy in the thread ozzy linked too had I case LIKE an original. YAY RPG FOR HAVING NONE OF THESE CLONE PROBLEMS!!! :DDDD.

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks a lot bigger then an RPG case (judging from the size of the shelf hanger hole at top)

It uses the same type graphics as the RPG, but past that looks nothing similar, the RPG is a sleeve over the plastic case, that looks like an R4 style box with the internal box being inside.

Acekard RPG box:
IMG_0043.jpg

Acekard2 plastic clamshell package:
Img_0041.jpg
I hope it's real, i like the black PCB and no chip sticking out.

Code:
heh... [spoiler] cannot be [SPOILER].. seems to break the tag :P

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, someone who probably got the info from the horses mouth
smile.gif

I want one now, i know you never see the thing in the DS, i just like the black pcb inside
smile.gif

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their customer service is AWESOME, i received several of the bad Acekard2s from serveral vendors in just trying to get a couple that were ok... I finally wrote Acekard telling them of my problem... they shipped me a sample and it arrived a few days after... My last replacement from a vendor has JUST now shipped out yesterday (waited like 2 weeks for him to get his new shipment in).

Out of all the flashcard people i contacted, they were the best and fastest with replies. Here is the email they sent me....

QUOTE said:
Hi We're some problems before of QC of factory. But we're resolved the problem. I think your reseller keep replacing a bad card for you. Anyway we'll replace one card for you. I'll give you the tracking number after we send it. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
RegardsAcekard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night