Hacking AceKard 2i 1.4 WARNING!!! READ!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbladerxx1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A new firmware for the DSi has been released that if applied makes all flash cards stop working, the firmware version is 1.4 and is delivered over the Wi-Fi connection when accessing DSi shop or if you manually do a firmware update in the settings menu, all versions under 1.4 will still work with these cards such as v1.0 to v1.3, before you buy one of these cards you should follow the advice below.

1. Make sure your DSi is not running 1.4 check this in the system settings, it displays on the bottom right of the top screen

2. DSi shop will update your DSi to 1.4 if you access it, so you will lose access to DSi shop if you wish to use a flash card.

3. We recommend disabling the Wi-Fi on the DSi to avoid any accidental updates, also don’t accept update requests.

There is the possibility that the AceKard 2i can have the core kernel updated, but reports have been that it will need to be done on a DS Lite console, more info about how AceKard team plan to tackle this 1.4 DSi firmware update will be released on their website as news becomes available, for now the best thing to do is not update your DSi and keep a watchful eye on the AceKard website for any news or the possibility of being able to update their cards to enable them to work on this new DSi firmware. Alternatively you may want to look at a card such as the M3i Zero or Supercard DSOnei which has the ability to update the core kernel from the PC, this does not guarantee either of those two teams will work out this 1.4 issue, but at least you know for sure that the cards core kernel firmware is upgradable and if they do work it out these two cards defiantly have the core kernel upgrade support, if AceKard team release info that their card will also be able to upgrade the core kernel for sure

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we know
smile.gif

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
just a quick warning
everyone already knows, it's been on a lot of sites including kotaku and gizmodo, and it's already been on the front page here. hell the thread has over 300 replies I think.

edit: in case you haven't seen the portal in the past few days..
drp5gg.png

konel01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks for heads up even if most ppl already knew.

i think that if u've been in this game long enough you know to never ever do a system update. i've been jailbreaking my iphone for over a year. any update will wipe all the custom work i put into it. i've hacked a psp back when i had one every any update had sum anti-piracy in it. same with every wii update.

i think it's common knowledge by now regardless of what device ur using, an update can mess things up for u if u are doing devices outside it's developers intended use. thanks again for the heads up, regardless. let me know if the AceKard 2i comes out with an update that works around 1.4

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
is a late warning
tongue.gif

forums that i visit has this as their main topic / main page of their forum
smile.gif

Including GBATemp.net
smileipb2.png

Posts merged

QUOTE(elixirdream @ Aug 4 2009, 10:14 AM) is a late warning
tongue.gif

forums that i visit has this as their main topic / main page of their forum
smile.gif
Including GBATemp.net
smileipb2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack