Acekard 2i firmware 1.4 fix

clay008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why 'must' I update my nephew's 1.2 DSI? Can't I just use his 1.2 DSI to upgrade my AK2i card, then leave his DSI the same at 1.2? He doesn't care or know about flashcards nor does he even want to download Flipnotes, so leaving it the way it was would be fine with him... Swapping the 2 DSI may be the easiest option for a retard like me...

deesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deesto said:
This is great ... I unknowingly blocked my card yesterday because my kids wanted to try out the new flip app ... and I found out very soon afterwards what had happened. Sucked at the time, but for me, a fix is available just 24 hours later ... very lucky. Thanks for posting the news here so quickly. Will give the fix a try ASAP.
Worked like a charm! But why Danny Phantom?!? Why not a Mario game?
wink.gif
Is there a way to change the icon/cart name?

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
clay008 said:
Why 'must' I update my nephew's 1.2 DSI? Can't I just use his 1.2 DSI to upgrade my AK2i card, then leave his DSI the same at 1.2? He doesn't care or know about flashcards nor does he even want to download Flipnotes, so leaving it the way it was would be fine with him... Swapping the 2 DSI may be the easiest option for a retard like me...

Yeah, you are absolutely right! Do not upgrade your nephew's DSi firmware(FW).. leave it on 1.2 since he doesn't care about bunch of stuff on the DSi shop..
I am planning to buy a new DSi actually, one is updated and the other will stay on lower FW for as long as its working..
I believe that the primary reason why Nintendo put FW update on DSi system, is not 'entirely' because of the new cool applications and/or DSiwares and such, but to block piracy as much as they could.. (PSP has the same issue, I suppose)
Nintendo is tempting people to upgrade to latest FW by presenting new cool application such as flipnote, however, this latest FW block all flashcarts..
I bet they would not release any new cool application/DSiwares until next FW upgrade on DSi.. Just so to lure people to update their DSi and block their flashcarts before they get this new cool application/DSiwares.. Just a guess though..
Also, FW upgrade on DSi is made to patch its vulnerabilities so as FW upgrade goes up it will create more and more problems pirating it... Nintendo made a mistake on DSPhat/Lite since they have no way to stop piracy on the system itself.. However, they do have an alternative solution by making the game itself anti-piracy proof.. just like FFCC: Echoes of time and many more.. which we all know can be cracked easily..

If you could keep one DSi on lower FW while others on latest then that will be nice.. Using the lower FW to upgrade your flash cart to work on latest FW is the best option for you..
smile.gif

In the long run, piracy will always win for they have nothing to lose but time and they will always get a work around.. (Nintendo will lose alot xD)
Congrats to AK team for the nice update although, I won't upgrade just yet.. I will see how things come before making a move..

dinodv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
updated my acekard2i on my old DS phat (luckily i kept it!)...

dannykard2i works like a charm!
yaynds.gif

moral of the story:

DON'T update your dsi firmware until u know what it does!

although they probably can't admit it, job well done team AK!

bow.gif

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry if this is stupid but does this mean now that the DSi reads the AceKard as a proper game its future update proof, or can nintendo easily work around this?

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
sorry if this is stupid but does this mean now that the DSi reads the AceKard as a proper game its future update proof, or can nintendo easily work around this?

We'll see!
biggrin.gif
But in my opinion Nintendo 'could' get work around it.. if not, then we'll be in luck!
tongue.gif

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
lol fair enough, it just seems to me lik ap retty smart hack, but i dont know how these things work.

Then again, Nintendo is a very huge gaming company and they will do what ever they can to stop it xD
And yea, that is very pretty smart hack. Probably, one of the wisest!
I just hope too that there's no way to block flashcart anymore.. coz it's really pain to wait for weeks after every new firmware upgrades.. yea?
Just imagine that we have to wait for weeks for every firmware upgrades.. xD

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
misticknight said:

It can read Acekard 2i on your Nintendo DSi but it's in wrong icon (Danny Phatom: Urban Jungle). Just run it and it will show you the Acekard 2i firmware.

GeminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
misticknight said:

It can read Acekard 2i on your Nintendo DSi but it's in wrong icon (Danny Phatom: Urban Jungle). Just run it and it will show you the Acekard 2i firmware.

oh oh. so. like next update, it MIGHT change back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok