Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, uh, yeah...to be honest, I've been thinking of getting a Cyclo for quite a while now, probably because I've heard that it has great support and it has Wii-DS connectivity. Now that TTDS is pretty much DEAD(even YSMenu doesn't update, dammit), I've been thinking of getting a new flashcart. As much as I'd love to get a Cyclo, it seems kinda expensive and I have to go to the capital to buy it. On the other hand, the other two seems cheaper and it's available at our local malls. So, which one is it guys?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekard with AKAIO has Wii-DS connection
EDGE is practically a stripped down Cyclo,getting iEDGE gets you RTS(i think?)
Cyclo is expensive but worth it,I guess

might wanna check this site

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh,siguro Acekard since its kinda updated,but if its hacked then bye-bye Acekard.

Im not buying anything for a while,got a DSTT
tongue.gif

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lolzed said:
Uh,siguro Acekard since its kinda updated,but if its hacked then bye-bye Acekard.

Im not buying anything for a while,got a DSTT
tongue.gif
My DSTT came with the DSL I bought so yeah...

Hindi na ba updated yung EDGE? Damn, it seems that my options are getting riskier by the minute. Ayoko na kasi ng masyadong mahal, papaayos ko pa yung D-pad ko e...I just really want to play SMT: SJ! Mas mura pa rin kaysa bumili ng orig.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lolzed said:
EDGE is updated soon after Cyclo.Cyclo has good support so EDGE is as well,its user preference I guess
tongue.gif
Well, based on my 'research', their updates are kind of slow...but I don't think the Cyclo team is gonna die soon, considering the fact that they have a freaking expensive cart and an awesome reputation...Ugh, hirap pumili, and ayoko din dumayo sa Greenhills para bumili ng 3.5k na flashcart, lalo ngayong bakasyon, wala akong baon, haha.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys arent reading(if you can understand
tongue.gif
)

He basically wants a cheap and updated flashcart,though DSTWO would be great,it wont be cheap

chibiushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I had a DSLite, I bought a TTDS and I thought it was ok, after you install YSMenu. But if that's not getting updated I would go with EZFlash or Acekard2i, I just got my A2i and it is really great with AKAIO. I like the Acekard because I am seeing guides to use some alternative menus like YSMenu, one that looks like coverflow, or even moonshell 2. I know you can do that with other cards, but out of the 3 cards I've used the A2i has the most 3rd party 'support'.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sumarth said:
m3i0, but it doesnt have wii-ds linkage
M3 fanboy.
mad.gif

BTW, even though you "hate acekard" (according to your sig), you just stated that the M3i doesn't have a feature that the Acekard has. And AKAIO is made by people here at GBAtemp.
You don't deserve to be here.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have personal Hate for EDGE

Just because it is just a strpped 1:1 clone of CycloDS evolution. And I still Love my CycloDS

Both CycloDS evolution and Acekard (apparently?) have wii connection (I just was not aware, and frankly do not care as I do not own a Wii) And both have fast updates for game compatibility.

CycloDS is Feature rich, and let's be honest; It's "OMG EXPENSIVE" price still is that of ONE GENUINE game brand new.

Acekard has basic stuff; cheats and Soft reset. Some people (me) do not need more, and the game compatibility with AKAIO is off the hook (yo)

So;
My standards: Edge Is not a option
CycloDS or Acekard by your budget (and needs)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sumea said:
I have personal Hate for EDGE

Just because it is just a strpped 1:1 clone of CycloDS evolution. And I still Love my CycloDS

Both CycloDS evolution and Acekard (apparently?) have wii connection (I just was not aware, and frankly do not care as I do not own a Wii) And both have fast updates for game compatibility.

CycloDS is Feature rich, and let's be honest; It's "OMG EXPENSIVE" price still is that of ONE GENUINE game brand new.

Acekard has basic stuff; cheats and Soft reset. Some people (me) do not need more, and the game compatibility with AKAIO is off the hook (yo)

So;
My standards: Edge Is not a option
CycloDS or Acekard by your budget (and needs)
EDGE isn't confirmed to be a clone. Sure, it uses a similar GUI and has updates at similar times. But does the CycloDS have a DSi compatible version sold at less than $20? I don't think so.

And the EDGE has DS to Wii connection.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And if that's the case, then it's not a clone. It'd be a budget version of the CycloDS.

And this is coming from a person who actually owns an EDGE (I own an AK2i also, so I'm not a fanboy).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Expect to get angry at people for missgendering it's data +1