Hacking acekard recommened?

trucido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i was considering buying a acekard 2

is this a good idea? i'd like some help please im very inexperinced when it comes to stuff like this

or should i be considering something else?
ph34r.gif

BotoxBetty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trucido said:
hi i was considering buying a acekard 2

is this a good idea? i'd like some help please im very inexperinced when it comes to stuff like this

or should i be considering something else?
ph34r.gif

They are Ok, a bit slow in actual games unless you get a top mem card, also their team has never shown any innovation so it just has the 'run of the mill' features, RTS is very uinlikely.

But the biggrest danger of getting an Acekard is the high probabilty it will be faulty on arrival or within a few days, all my mates refer to it as the DOA2 cart, a 2 of them both received buggy Acekard 2's.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why this topic is being posted in the DSTT section, but the Acekard 2 is one of the best carts in its price range (it's much nicer than the DSTT and is worth the additional few dollars in cost over the DSTT).

The Acekard 2's menu system is one of the nicest and most responsive (which in my opinion is the most important thing about a flash cart after compatibility). Most users won't ever use features like game state dumps (RTS) and slow-motion, but if you feel those features are worth paying more for, you might consider a cart like the CycloDS.

One advantage of the Acekard is that Acekard has released source code for the menu system of the Acekard 2 to a few people (Normmatt, Smiths, Gelu, and a few others) who had been customizing the open-source menu for their Acekard RPG cart, and the result is several custom menus for the Acekard 2 that add significant features to the official menu. Normmatt programmed slow-motion, which although hasn't been added to his custom menu (because it requires modifying the code each time Acekard comes out with an official release), may find its way into the official firmware at some point in the future. Acekard has indicated that it plans to incorporate many of the enhancements made for the custom menus into the official menu.

As Destructobot indicated, the new beta firmware does seem to fix the speed problems with slow memory cards. And yes there were a couple of bad batches of Acekard 2's where about 10% - 15% of the carts from those batches were bad, but the latest batches of AK2's have reportedly had few if any returns. So Acekard apparently corrected the hardware problems they were having.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet