Hacking Acekard2 setup

Mach9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to get my acekard2 and I'm wondering about the setup. Do I just get OSmenu v4.07a6 and AKRPG firmware v4.09 and place the files in the root of my microSD card?

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe all you need is to grab Acekard 2 v4.07a5 loader, unpack it, and drop the file and directory onto the root of your card and turn that puppy on.

At last, that is what worked for mine.

edit* d'oh, I see that "a6" is available on Acekard.com (it wasn't up earlier when I received my card...). Changelog just says, "fixed 2203".

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh holy cow, if you have the 3in1 (I have the "new chipset" 3in1) it will load the GBA games right off also! No GBA ExpLoader needed. I didnt' know this, didn't think I read it in a review either... You just have to have it display all file types (NDS, NDS+SAV, ALL). They should have a NDS+GBA option.

I ordered one from DealExtreme on 04/01, and it finally shipped today. ~7-10 days to go...
I also ordered one from RealHotStuff yesterday at 9am, and it came across the country by Noon!
ohmy.gif
Amazing.

Mach9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered on 3/27. Shipped on 3/29. The latest tracking info on hongkong post says its being processed for departure as of 4/1. I wonder if it's really still there or if they shipped it out and it just hasn't been updated.

Fidgeteer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mach9 said:
I ordered on 3/27. Shipped on 3/29. The latest tracking info on hongkong post says its being processed for departure as of 4/1. I wonder if it's really still there or if they shipped it out and it just hasn't been updated.

You must have gotten your card by now. I ordered mine last weekend and received it today. How do you like it, and what did you do to set it up?

Speaking of setup trivia:

I really admire Chris Hair's Kakashi skin, which manages to be aesthetically adventurous but effortlessly readable. Almost all of the details seem perfect!

Mach9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazingly it supposedly left HongKong on Friday, April 4 and was in my hands Monday, April 7. I live in Chicago by the way.

So far the card is awesome. Setup is a breeze. you download the file on the acekard website and extract it to your microSD card. Roms can go anywhere. Few games have a problem running with soft reset enabled like "New Super Mario Bros" or "Children of Mana", but you can turn off the soft reset feature for those games only and they run fine.

Don't worry about the setup, its ridiculously easy. Once you get the card into your hands you'll see it's very user friendly, and if not post here and we'll help you through it.

icethegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mach9 said:
Amazingly it supposedly left HongKong on Friday, April 4 and was in my hands Monday, April 7. I live in Chicago by the way.

So far the card is awesome. Setup is a breeze. you download the file on the acekard website and extract it to your microSD card. Roms can go anywhere. Few games have a problem running with soft reset enabled like "New Super Mario Bros" or "Children of Mana", but you can turn off the soft reset feature for those games only and they run fine.

Don't worry about the setup, its ridiculously easy. Once you get the card into your hands you'll see it's very user friendly, and if not post here and we'll help you through it.

exactly what is this 'soft reset' feature?

*edit: nevermind found out*

laurae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

i have the acekard 2 - also have one of the new chip 3in1 expansion packs and I just CANNOT get it to work - im trying to use it for opera as the expansion and my DS just isnt recognising that the expansion pack is there - Iv tried using gbaexploader etc and just am not getting anywhere - even have had a second pack sent out as I thought the first was faulty

laurae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i patch it - i didnt think anything needed patching with the acekard2???

damn..i am SO frustrated with all this!!!

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
actually i don't think it doesn't. try go to your opera rom in the ak2 menu, go to patches, then click on the 3 in 1 button. then press x, wait for it then try to load it. im going to it myself now to verify it.

laurae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if select opera in the list (without opening it - because if i do this i just get the 'memory expansion required), then 'start' then'patches'..there isnt a 3in1 option..i just have ds download play, cheat/action replay and soft reset options

thanks for your help so far by the way

laurae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOD - thank u so much - i dont know how to thank you enough! I have wasted so much time with this AND ITS NOW WORKING!!!

so do i not need exploader??

also - while i have an expert on hand..if i wanted to transfer games i have on cartridge over to my sd..can i put the cartridge in, then save the game to the expansion memory then over to the sd? (or even just leave on expansion memory??)

wow - cant believe its finally working!!!

THANKS AGAIN!! - MWAH MWAH MWAH xxx!!!

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
np im hardly an expert
smile.gif
glad i could help.
i dont think you need gbaexploader but i dont have any slot-2 so cant really say.
For backing up to the 3in1 i think http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90607 should be of use.
(think link inside there is broken but i think they are talking about this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=964 and i got no idea how to use that)
That looks to be basically the way you were suggesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, "funniest shit i have ever seen"