Gaming After upgrading to CFW....

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi Guys,

I just upgraded my PSP to a custom firmware. I am at office now hence I can't really remember which version. I think its the 4. something one. But anyway, thats not the point.

I was previously using a 1GB memory stick and used that to upgrade my psp. I recently just bought a new 8GB memory stick. Now, if i want to play my games on my new 8GB stick, do i need to have those files (Files that i used to upgrade to the current custom firmware) that was previously on my 1GB?

Or i can just copy the games to my 8GB stick and play as normal?

Regards
Don

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks for the prompt reply!

How about next time i wanna upgrade the custom firmware.... do i need those old files again.. ? if so then i might just keep the 1GB untouched... if not i might as well format that too

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading Custom Firmware is really easy, you download an update file (it'll be an EBOOT.PBP) and the official Sony update (say, 500.PBP for 5.00) and just run the update from the Game menu in the XMB. You don't need everything that you did before on the initial CFW install.

Here's a good site for PSP stuff: PSP Wiki

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok to get very specific ...

I would say that you'll get the best use if you use the 8gb for psp and ps1 games and the 1gb for emulators and homebrew (just a suggestion)

For upgrading custom firmware, NO you don't ever have to download the official Sony update (the only situation where you would need it is if you were going to "re-hack" (to say, fix a brick) ... a majority of the time you can simply do a wifi update to the newest M33 or download it from the web

And as far as good websites (Its subjective anyway)... This is all you need:
Dark Alex Official Site (the creator of all m33 firmware ... Best places for updates)
Qj.net (not updated too quickly but probably the best place to download homebrew applications and to get general news about the hacking scene)
Psp-Hacks.com (same as QJ but tends to be cutting edge)

and Please don't use that Wiki it is A) Not very accurate and B) has alot of jerks posting useless and bad info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol