Hacking AKAIO 1.4.1 "parental controls"

CoNS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love my Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.4.1. However, twice now has my son accidentially deleted a game by entering the "Start" menu in AKAIO and hitting "Delete". He can't read what its says but just clicks away in there...!

Is there any way to disable the Start menu in AKAIO? Like making some "StartMenu = 0" setting in one of the ini files?

CoNS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, he is allowed to play an hour a day, and it is a bit tiresome to sit and watch him play all sorts of kids games all the time
smile.gif

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Simple solution, take control. You are the parental unit...teach him NOT to delete stuff or his DS privileges will be revoked.
also you should make sure to have your files backed up on PC just in case.
...No harshness intended by this post, ive got kids too with AK2s of there own=)

CoNS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
smile.gif
Yeah, well, he's only four years old and sometimes he starts the menu by accident and deletes something.

For now I do solve it by restoring the deleted ROMs from my PC each time it happens - but it still leaves me with my initial question above: Does anyone know a way to turn off the start menu (by setting a parameter in an ini file or similar)?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you can change the position of the "clickable" area for the start menu in dan taylor's ak edit. you could move it way off screen, i think you can disable it as well. but the "start" button will also open the start menu. that you can not disable as its part of the firmware.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yes. i love that old argument that i just bought a flash linker so i could dump my games and have more than 1 game with me with i travel. everyone who runs a gba homebrew is pirating because of the nintendo logo required for the homebrew to boot. everyone who uses an emu is pirating. everyone who runs an "i" linker is pirating because of the nds "rom" that is in the bootloader. i don't believe anyone, not for a second, who says they have never downloaded a single rom for their flash kit.

please stop the righteous act and let this thread die peacefully.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P