Hacking AKAIO 1.8.6a can not boot Okamiden (at least for me)!

wolf3ax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem but with Pokemon Black Version. I tried many of the things already suggested here, (i.e Patched and Unpathed versions, reformmating, changing akaio version, loaders, getting rid of saves, etc, etc), but nothing worked out for me. I'm guessing that there is something in the new version of akaio or the loaders that is causing this issue, but idk what exactly happens since the game worked for a while, then when I turned it back on white screen foreverrrr. Anyways, if anyone figures this out their help is greatly appreciate.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A friend of mine is having the exact same problem.
We both received our acekards yesterday. I installed mine first and everything (including okamiden, goldensun and pokemon) ran perfectly, so I copied over my SD contents to his and "older" games ran perfectly on his DS, but many new-esque titles (like that 3 I just mentioned) start with a white screen (or something comparable).

After that we tried formatting his microsd and install everything fresh. We even tried another SD card (+ reader) and flashing the acekard firmware again.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this strange problem. The games run perfectly on my system. They don't even require adjusting a setting in the game options...

One thing worth mentioning is that I'm running a DS lite and he's running a DSiXL.

PS: Sorry for "hijacking" the thread, but it seems we have the same problem. So it seemed more useful to post my problem in this thread.

Edit: Forgot some details:
-We're of course both on the latest AKAIO version (1.8.6a)
-The formatting of the Micro-SD happened with Panasonic's SD Formatter 2.0

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SnickS said:
A friend of mine is having the exact same problem.
We both received our acekards yesterday. I installed mine first and everything (including okamiden, goldensun and pokemon) ran perfectly, so I copied over my SD contents to his and "older" games ran perfectly on his DS, but many new-esque titles (like that 3 I just mentioned) start with a white screen (or something comparable).

After that we tried formatting his microsd and install everything fresh. We even tried another SD card (+ reader) and flashing the acekard firmware again.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this strange problem. The games run perfectly on my system. They don't even require adjusting a setting in the game options...

One thing worth mentioning is that I'm running a DS lite and he's running a DSiXL.

PS: Sorry for "hijacking" the thread, but it seems we have the same problem. So it seemed more useful to post my problem in this thread.

If you're getting it with 'newer' games then perhaps the global setting for AAP is not enabled.

Also try using a different SD card if possible as a control. Some SD cards can cause problems. Since you and your friend are at least in the same place you should have done a few test to establish where the failure is.

I'm going to assume you both have Acekard 2i's, so that they are interchangeable between your DSLite and the DSiXL

1) You confirm that your Acekard2i and SD card can play the games you describe
2) Place YOUR Acekard2i with YOUR SD card into his DSiXL. Test
3) Take above config test on DSiXL
4) Take HIS Acekard2i with HIS SD card, place into your DSLite. Test
5) Take above config test on DSiXL
6) Put YOUR SD card into HIS Acekard2i. Place into the DSLite. Test
7) Take above config and test on DSiXL.
8) Put HIS SD card into YOUR Acekard2i. Test on DSLite
9) Take above config and test on DSiXL

By systematically going through the various configs with your Acekard, DSLite and SD card as control, you should be able to determine where the issue lies. I suspect it's probably a bad SD card on his end and he'll have to get a new one most likely. But try the above and see what happens.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
If you're getting it with 'newer' games then perhaps the global setting for AAP is not enabled.
Tested it at default, on and off. Didn't make any difference.
QUOTE said:
Also try using a different SD card if possible as a control. Some SD cards can cause problems. Since you and your friend are at least in the same place you should have done a few test to establish where the failure is.
Been there. Done that. Tried different SDs and different SD readers (Micro to USB and Micro to SD).
QUOTE said:
I'm going to assume you both have Acekard 2i's, so that they are interchangeable between your DSLite and the DSiXL
You assumed right.
smile.gif

1) You confirm that your Acekard2i and SD card can play the games you describe
2) Place YOUR Acekard2i with YOUR SD card into his DSiXL. Test
3) Take above config test on DSiXL
4) Take HIS Acekard2i with HIS SD card, place into your DSLite. Test
5) Take above config test on DSiXL
6) Put YOUR SD card into HIS Acekard2i. Place into the DSLite. Test
7) Take above config and test on DSiXL.
8) Put HIS SD card into YOUR Acekard2i. Test on DSLite
9) Take above config and test on DSiXL

By systematically going through the various configs with your Acekard, DSLite and SD card as control, you should be able to determine where the issue lies. I suspect it's probably a bad SD card on his end and he'll have to get a new one most likely. But try the above and see what happens.

Since my place is not close to his I can't give him my micro-sd to test it. I can however give (and actually already did give) him an exact copy of the contents of my micro-sd to test on his 2 micro-sd's. I'm sure that everything is copied correctly, since I did it for him through a remote desktop connection.
I also already tested both micro-sd's of him with my contents and through a fresh install. With my copy of the game(s) and a 'freshly' downloaded copy of the game(s).

I guess the only test that remains is testing his acekard with my DS lite and my micro-sd. But I probably won't see him in person for a couple of weeks, so that'll have to wait until than.

Would be kind of weird if his acekard would be broken, since some (older) games run fine... Oh well.

Anyway. Thanks for the help.
smile.gif

I'll post the results if the thread's still around.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I experienced the same problem with ?kamiden as the first poster experienced.

I first played with an unpatched US version and I encountered a bug after the nagi cave, so I enabled anti-piracy and got a white screen when loading the rom.
Then I tried a patched US version and I got a white screen too ( anti-piracy on and off)

The work-around I found for this situation was to use an European patched version ( anti-piracy off, of course).

I hope this could help some other players.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
delete the optionlist.bin file if it is there. try with patches off (download play, soft-reset, etc) as those write to ram before the rom and may be overwriting the part for AP or part of the rom itself.

-another world

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
delete the optionlist.bin file if it is there. try with patches off (download play, soft-reset, etc) as those write to ram before the rom and may be overwriting the part for AP or part of the rom itself.

-another world

It seems that it was the problem.
On a unpatched US version, I tried it with all patches option disabled except antipiracy and it worked correctly.

I guess that i can conclude from this experiment that there is no reserved space on the ram for the ds system and the rom can allocate all the space it need/want.

Dr.Aqua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seemed to run fine for me until i got a glitch where i couldnt cut the stone lanterns and the game reached a point where i coundt continue or save

Had to switch to another flashcart? Anyone else get THIS problem?

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dr.Aqua said:
It seemed to run fine for me until i got a glitch where i couldnt cut the stone lanterns and the game reached a point where i coundt continue or save

Had to switch to another flashcart? Anyone else get THIS problem?

This is the bug after the nagi cave I was mentioning, it's an anti-piracy feature. It happens because you have a unpatched rip.

you should say what flashcard you use and what software version you use. (but i'm going to guess that it's acekard+akaio 2.86a)

the solution would be to use a patched version of the rom, alternatively you can simply enable the anti-piracy bypass in the rom option menu.
If you use the US version, you have to disable the other options "(download play, soft-reset, etc)" like Another World was pointing out.

- you're basically running into the same problem I was describing earlier. I and Another World posted 2 work-around for the problem, please refer to the 3 posts above yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious