Status
Not open for further replies.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably stll something in the 30's or high 20's you don't have....no reason to not have em all (the new 50's are the only questionable ones), just make sure not to use too new a disc so you don't get a new version.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
noobwarrior

i did read your reply, i was talking about the other errors. I fixed anyway, found on another site, needed to downgrade from 3.3 rev2

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well...you didn't need to...the wad manager davi92 made coupled with the IOS16 was the way around downgrading, but I'm glad you got it working one way or another.

ziljin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi noob / everyone,
I'm new to all this and trying to read/understand what's all going on in here
smile.gif
I have a couple REAL basic questions and apologize for my early lack of knowledge.

1: What are the chances of installing w/ this method (w/out starfall) getting bricked. What things cause bricks? Only updates and newer/ untested games?

2: If I install this today and want to return the wii to factory settings tomorrow.. What is the exact process to reverse install without leaving a trace?

3: What r the main diff. between this method and big moe's? Do both carry the same compatibility as far as games go?

Sorry for such noobie questions..

Thanks for any info!

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. 0.00001%.....to get rid of that and make it zero percent, error-check your sd card before proceeding, and make sure your household power isn't just going to give out at any moment.

2. repeat except instead of pushing plus (+) to install, push (-) to uninstall.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad you were able to get the files now that they're accessed from the new off-site location. got to comply with the law of the land, doesn't mean I want all the work to go to waste. :-)

expect some minor updates this week, to all interested parties.

retroexistence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused.

Okay... so I managed to upgrade and downgrade a wii to 3.4, back to 3.2 and I know the ins and outs of what I have to install.

This CIOS stuff is still way in front of me though. I installed the newest CIOS on waninkoko's site (IOS36-64-v1042.wad using cIOS36_rev7-installer) and it worked fine.

I've also installed softchip. The screen comes up, asking me what IOS I use. I've tried 36, 248, 249 and some other random ones. I get the same error with whatever 1:1 backup I use in my wiikey'd wii.

IoctI error (DIReadId)

I've spent ages faffing around to catch up with homebrew on the wii. I hope someone'll tell me what I'm doing wrong
smile.gif

I also have searched like crazy. This is a last resort. Sorry and thanks!
biggrin.gif

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i would like to ask a Question.
- I do already have Backuploader v. 0,3 gamma fully working. Would it be better compability if i uninstalled and got the whole package you sat up there. I Would like to get House of Dead 2 and 3 working?

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the gamma portion in my pack is the same in functionality, so the compat for that launcher will be the same

to get that game working, you have to patch it to use IOS249 using IOS Patcher 1.1, I've heard.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
hey noobwarrior7 what minor updates are you doing this week
biggrin.gif
looking forward to them
smile.gif
all games still working fine this end with your pack
smile.gif

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you noobwarrior7, then i dont need to uninstall my loader
smile.gif
Sounds great i wil try to patch my game when im home.

Great work with your pack btw.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
screamq3 said:
hey noobwarrior7 what minor updates are you doing this week
biggrin.gif
looking forward to them
smile.gif
all games still working fine this end with your pack
smile.gif

well, I am going to include wiipower's (trucha-bugged) version of cIOSrev7 (using 37) @ 248, to introduce fakesigned compatibility (no big deal really)

and also just the newest SoftChip, cause it sounds nice....

I might package some pc-end stuff if I can think of ways to make it any easier...(like ISO Patcher 1.1?)

it was gonna just be V3.5, but since it was my "4 Month GBATemp Bday" yesterday, I'll just call it V4 for kicks.

this time, for the first time,
theres gonna be an optional "v4 update pack" with JUST the new stuff for people who already have V3,
and then the "full pack" will be updated to V4 as well of course.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
ah thats a good idea with the update pack
smile.gif
look forward for the new pack then
smile.gif
keep them coming buddy anything in the pack that i aint got i will use
biggrin.gif
thx in advance. oh any sign of this 002 error getting a fix anytime soon had a bash of nfsu on pc its awsome, want it on console now lol be more fun

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be awaiting v4 namely for trucha bug cios37. It looks like the rock band custom discs are starting to get under way so the whole reason for cios 37 will finally come under use. I love the simplicity of just hitting install. Keep up the good work.

mkaiji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm still somewhat new to all this, but where can i find the download link for your pack. Also do you mind if I sent some messages to you about a couple of questions i have? I have 3.2u firmware. HBC beta 9 is already installed.

excite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please forgive my ignorance, but anyone can tell me how to download the package, search in Google? And what is the meaning of "IOS"?
P.S. just found the download in the previous pages, thanks! will be waiting for the v4 version. I now know the IOS indicates the wii operation system, but still confused with the difference numbers of versions.

Still got one question, do not quite understand the following:
"IF you have either of the newest updates, get IOS16 elsewhere, install it using standard wad manager (boot.dol),
and use davi92's provided "modified" wad manager (boot.mod THEN renamed to boot.dol) for EVERY step after this.
DO NOT ASK FOR IOS16."
What is the ISO16? My wii's version is 3.3e, do I need to get IOS16 elsewhere, and "modified" wad manager? Is the wad manager include in the v3 package, or I need to get one myself? (I found WAD Manager v1.3 by Waninkoko).
Will appreciate the answers.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
(Not my Wii, it's from a friend, mine has a modchip)

Installed all:

System: PAL Wii
Kernel: 3.2E
Burning with: IMGBurn 2.4.2.0
Burning speed: 4X

Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3 does not boot any discs
(dvd+r, dvd-r) (Verbatims, Emtecs, Philips, TDK, Sony)

It stays at a black screen (seems to constantly resetting, sometimes i see some txt, can't read it cause it goes away to quick) and the drive makes a clicking sound, when launching Backup launcher from the HBC same
when launching Backup launcher from the HBC and go into backup laucher menu and start game, it always resets back to the backup launcher setup menu

Softchip does work with most games, but compatibility is a bit lower then backup launcher (i think)
- Animal Crossing let's go to the city gives an error (and more do)
- Others just boot fine
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn