Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of an interesting question, how will we fit all 493 Pokemon plus all the new Pokemon's different forms? We barely fit them all on D/P. Is there an extra box?

With 493 Pokemon plus all the different forms of Unknown, Burmy/Wormadam, Shellos/Gastrodon, Deoxys, Rotom, Giratina, Arceus, and Shaymin, is there enough space?
If so (probably), how will it be distributed?

~Jon

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They will force your choices. Make you not have every Pokemon ;D

But maybe in the future Pokemon games, they will add extra box storage. They probably think that all Pokemon users aren't collectors, so they think we get a Pokemon, we use it for Pokedex data, then we just trade it off again...

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Even so... Some pokémon aren't quite the ones you would use... Like Magikarp... So why make room for them? Trade it and make more room for others is a great option!

Morganti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They want you to buy a WII, and everyones Pokemon Ranch
smile.gif

~D~

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You aren't really going to make a living Pokedex (all Pokemon eg Box 1: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur...) so the number will be much lower than 493, eg you will have Box 1: Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard... instead of each one.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are 18 boxes in Pokémon DPPt. Each box carries 30 pokés, IIRC. That makes a total of 540 pokés that can be stored. Are there 47 "alternate forms" to fill the remaining slots? If so, then just a few pokémons will be left out... not a big deal. I'd understand if someone wanted all the Unown forms, but why would you need a sample of each stage in a certain evolution line? Bragging rights?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goten said:
And why is the Unown forms so needed? Only one is enough... You don't have any special mission to makes you have that!

As I said, bragging rights. At least, capturing them is a sort of "test", given the many forms there are.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Morganti said:
They want you to buy a WII, and everyones Pokemon Ranch
smile.gif

~D~
That's right. Its kind of bullshit that you can't collect them all when the whole point of the game is too collect them all (depending on the person).

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can have all 493 Pokémon, and also have space for other Pokémon:
You have 18 boxes, with 30 Pokémon per box, with a total of 540 Pokémon.

493 + other Pokémon forms (like Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin and others).

Answering your question.. YES, you can have all Pokémon physically without any problem
yaynds.gif

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goten said:
And why is the Unown forms so needed? Only one is enough... You don't have any special mission to makes you have that!

Although they are not essential to the completion of the game the unown that you catch help you obtain the various letter seals in a side quest. Also, when all 26 unown are caught another two become available to catch.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
You can have all 493 Pokémon, and also have space for other Pokémon:
You have 18 boxes, with 30 Pokémon per box, with a total of 540 Pokémon.

493 + other Pokémon forms (like Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin and others).

Answering your question.. YES, you can have all Pokémon physically without any problem
yaynds.gif

I've already posted this, but since you seem to have completely ignored it...

Unown - 28
Rotom - 6
Burmy - 3
Wormadam - 3
Deoxys - 4
Shaymin - 2
Giratina - 2

I'm not counting Arceus' typing changes, nor battle-exclusive forms like Castform's. There may be more, but that list gives you a total of 48 different forms, not counting Shellos'/Gastrodon's recolourings to avoid getting too technical. 493 + 48 = 541. It seems that you are wrong and you can't fit every pokémon with its variations in your PC boxes.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joey Ravn is right, that's exactly what I meant but there's one problem with his conclusion.

He counted: Unown - 28, Rotom - 6, Burmy - 3, Wormadam - 3, Deoxys - 4, Shaymin - 2, Giratina - 2

All correct except each one of those Pokemon already have 1 entry in the national Pokedex. (Unknown has 28 types - 1 entry in National Pokedex = 27)

My Count: Unknown - 27, Rotom - 5, Burmy - 2, Wormadam - 2, Deoxys - 3, Shaymin - 1, Giratina - 1, Shellos - 1, Gastrodon - 1, Arceus - 16 (17 forms - 1 from Pokedex Entry)

That leaves us with 59 Extra Pokemon Forms. 493 + 59 = 552. Storage: 540, Party: 6 = 546. --> NOT ENOUGH

We did it in D/P but with the extra 7 forms we can't make it.

~ Jon

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is what I think...

Keep all the final forms of any Pokemon that are Female. Then have a Ditto. Keep all the legendaries, and if the legendaries have difference forms, then you should be able to change them anytime (eg. Rotom). The Unknowns are just for collectors that want to feel special. My friend actually had the time to catch everysingle one of them... And right now, I don't feel any different. So just catch one, and you should be fine.

This is what I am thinking right now. Also Giratina has 2 forms, but only one can be used in a section of the game (think it was that new place where you catch it).

EDIT: When I say legendaries, I mean any genderless Pokemon

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you count Unown, you can't have all, but Unown aren't necesary to have, because are the same Pokémon with other form, not like other forms of others Pokemon, like Deoxys, that are a "little" different of his original form.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There is enough room for EVERY single Pokemon, in all the boxes. The game was made like that. You can have one form of every Pokemon, and a box for all unowns. Trust me, it fits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The ones you are hallucinating, or...?