Analyst predicts new PSP announcement later this Spring

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
not_psp2.jpg

So you already heard about the rumored Nintedo 3DS that Rock_Raiyu reported earlier, but what about the PSP? Well, if Lazard Capital’s main Analyst Colin Sebastian prediction is to believe, we could potentially see the true successor of the Sony's handheld later this spring. According to Sebastian:

QUOTE said:
While 3D games remain on the drawing board and not yet on store shelves, the emergence of new 3D game platforms could breathe more life into the hardware market. Along with the launch later this year of new motion sensing controllers for the PS3 and Xbox, there are several multiple growth drivers for the industry over the coming one-to-two years with new physical products.

We expect Sony to announce a new PSP handheld device this spring, and Nintendo is likely to announce an updated console in the coming year, which could also help to reinvigorate the market.

Source

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
wtf if this is what the new psp would look like it'd be awesome(super large screen
ohmy.gif
) as well as horrendous(from the look and assuming that it won't be too comfortable to play with)..

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whatever its going to be, its most probably gna have some HD in it, and some uber graphicssss

can't wait to see the price of the new PSP.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rockstar said:
Splych said:
Blah. nty. too big.
Thats a fan made mock up

Anyways If its not too overpriced Ill go for it instead of the 3DS mabye depending on game lineup for both

Yeah, judging by your avatar and sig, you have no reason whatsoever to buy Ninty handhelds
rolleyes.gif

I"ve never been much of a Sony fan; only have the PS1 and PS2. Never really liked their handheld units. Don't see why I'd like this one, if it has the same type of game lineup.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TM2-Megatron said:
Rockstar said:
Splych said:
Blah. nty. too big.
Thats a fan made mock up

Anyways If its not too overpriced Ill go for it instead of the 3DS mabye depending on game lineup for both

Yeah, judging by your avatar and sig, you have no reason whatsoever to buy Ninty handhelds
rolleyes.gif

I"ve never been much of a Sony fan; only have the PS1 and PS2. Never really liked their handheld units. Don't see why I'd like this one, if it has the same type of game lineup.
No I love ninty but the 3D isnt appealing but then again if they can pull it off well for less than $200 im in

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rockstar said:
No I love ninty but the 3D isnt appealing but then again if they can pull it off well for less than $200 im in

The rumours so far indicate that the 3D will be able to be turned on/off at will... that's certainly a feature of the type of screen that the 3DS will supposedly be using. And if it's really close to being on-par with the Gamecube in terms of 3-D animated graphics, then whether the stereoscopic screen is on or off it'll look pretty damn good for a handheld.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will be $499 or $599 depending on which features you want. It will also have a bluumd drive which is the handheld format of the future.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xcdjy said:
I think he was joking hehe.

Every major announcement from SCE seems to be met with at least a few references to their joke of an E3 show a few years back, when they were showcasing the PS3 for...

Five-hundred-ninety-nine US DOLLARS

lol. They really just seem to be asking for it at this point, with the Nintendo bashing they were doing in article this same guy posted in another thread.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I like my PSP, I reckon Sony should make it their one and only handheld console and just concentrate with the PS3.

They achieved a lot of sales with it and did so much better than what Sega, Atari and SNK could, though to me if it wasn't hackable it would've had a lot less if you look at game sales.

I don't see what they could do other than make it be around the power of the 360 and even then it'll just get even more ports than the PSP got.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The PS3 really appeals to me, but I still don't like the PSP. Not only are the games average at best (a lot of portable versions of console games, nothing that really defines the handheld), the controls are also very bad in most cases (the Metal Gear Solid games are a great example of this), the price is too high comparing to a DS or even home consoles like the Xbox 360 and the UMD drive is far too loud.

The problem with Sony is that they're not going to change back to cartridges of any kind. You won't see them selling any type of media that's not a disc. I don't like to download my games either (although the PS Store is a lot better than Nintendo's store), so I probably won't buy this and get a 3DS instead.

Still, it would be interesting to see this handheld. I hope it'll be announced at E3 as well.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The portable future is all about Apple and Nintendo.

And to a much lesser extent the open source portables like The Wiz, Pandora, and Dingoo.

Sony is out of this race just like they're out of the portable music market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1