Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy III.

Though I do have a question for anyone who has bought it. Is it just me, or do the controls seem...off by a centimeter or so? Like a few times I would tap something like...Items in the menu and it would hit equipment if I didn't hit it high enough.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Dead Trigger was released yesterday! It's a zombie FPS where you need to complete missions like survive for two minutes, find and return supplies, kill all zombies, etc. Graphics are really nice, the game is made by the guys who developed Samurai II.

It's 99 cents, with in app purchases for money, but it isn't necessary to play the game. Just convenient.
I payed a total of 3.00$, and I'm set for the game.

...I sound like an advertisement...
I get same kind of feeling like when I got first symbian phone. Almost every game was just decent but when one little over decent game rises I am more than ready advertise it. For 0.99e hey why not?
What I'm actually pissed about is that I bought that Shadowgun from same guys and it actually feels more like tech demo and paid 5e for it as it's now only 0.99e, too...

Only cons are that zombie animations aren't that good, controlling is resident evil like without 180 turn and zombies are always coming from behind you.
Just realised that all the great titles seem to be iOS only. Kinda shame becouse we do have much better and much more suitable hardware and software for games at android side :\
OnLive? :P I was so jelly of Android simply because the fact that you guys basically can run the desktop version of OnLive on your phones. And with controller support too!

And then I got an Android tablet. >:3c

EDIT: Just now noticed OnLive on the OP's post. Whoops! c:
Just actually tried OnLive. I'm not so sure if I actually want to play PC games with tons of buttons on screen, quality is like 240p video stream and lag is killing last bit of it.

BTW if you want to organize your games neatly I recommend Apex launcher Pro and making "Games" tab and all other apps to another tab and selecting "unorganized". No more launchers to desktop and games aren't messed with every other program installed.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Apex Launcher is excellent for it's tabbed app drawers.

If anyone wants to try to run Dead Trigger using Tegra 3 graphics, you can edit a file using a root file explorer app, change two lines, and it will be enabled. However, going into the game's settings and toggling through the low/med/high graphics options will make you need to do this again.
This is the link (XDA)

Runs good on my HP Touchpad.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a game called Kingdom of drakkar, one of the original mmo's ever from the early 90's i got big into this game a couple years ago and realized this would be perfect for Android. A true MMO, and well they ported it, its still in beta but available at their site through the forums. Kingdomofdrakkar.com

Really fun game.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new game from iOS is available in the Amazon appstore for $6.99 called Aralon. The person who did art for Elder Scrolls worked on this game, along with some other people.

It reminds me of Elder Scrolls soo much, too. Lots of borrowed mechanics, which isn't a bad thing. It's a large scale rpg game with a lot to it.
ejApe.jpg

And a battle screenshot
mdccr.png

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A new game from iOS is available in the Amazon appstore for $6.99 called Aralon. The person who did art for Elder Scrolls worked on this game, along with some other people.

It reminds me of Elder Scrolls soo much, too. Lots of borrowed mechanics, which isn't a bad thing. It's a large scale rpg game with a lot to it.
ejApe.jpg
Screenshot looks very elder scrolls-esque indeed.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead trigger is out. No matter which device you play this on, It's extremely beautiful!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FtJdAxZF3pg

Follow these directions and you can enable all of the Tegra 3 special effects. Did it on my HP TouchPad and it looks amazing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28264365&postcount=54

A few screen grabs from my TP:

Screenshot_2012-07-12-16-28-43.png

Screenshot_2012-07-12-16-28-13.png

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Amazing Alex from Rovio is out. I was actually excited about it but now that I installed it it just seems like some random simplified flash game with Angry Birds menus. I'm going to play some more if there's actually going to be some harder levels or something.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call of Duty Black Ops [Zombies] is out, if you're into that kind of thing.
It basically reproduces exactly the solo Zombie mode [only three maps + arcade though]. It even has more than the Wii version has to offer.

Only for xperia play officially, but works fine for me sideloaded...

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Call of Duty Black Ops [Zombies] is out, if you're into that kind of thing.
It basically reproduces exactly the solo Zombie mode [only three maps + arcade though]. It even has more than the Wii version has to offer.

Only for xperia play officially, but works fine for me sideloaded...
Fast paced zombie FPS with touchscreen? Maybe with PS3 controller but why would you get it to phone if you have PS3?
Nope. I'll stick with Wii version whit ultimate control scheme.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fast paced zombie FPS with touchscreen? Maybe with PS3 controller but why would you get it to phone if you have PS3?
Nope. I'll stick with Wii version whit ultimate control scheme.
Couple of things:

Some people like to have this on their phone, it's a curiosity for them. Some people don't have consoles or a capable PC, the point of this release is mainly for those casual players.
Xperia Play has buttons, this game was made for that device officially.
Even without buttons it plays alright enough, I'd hardly call it a "fast action" game even on the 360/PC/Wii, the zombie mode was quite a doddle when I played it back then, in fact there are faster games on the Android platform that can be played well with touchscreen controls with enough practise.

It's not for me though, even if I was into this I'd rather play with the ultimate control scheme...on PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/OLqeHmZp-Wc?si=gnlLbzZEgWiNp5E5