magarcan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there!

I'm an indie game developer, and also a proud Ps Vita owner. I was really happy after discover that here were people working in a Godot Engine port for or Vitas. Sadly limited just to 2D and no sound working by the time.

Today I've found a site which cover al works in relation with Android ports. I've realized that al possible ports cover ARM7 builds and GLES2. The I've thought that exporting to Android from Godot we're able to use this settings without any problem.

Here comes my question. Would be factible develop an universal port for all Android Godot releases? That would open a hole new world to Vita as Godot Engine community is getting bigger and bigger.

PD: sorry, as a new member I can post links...

Reactions: DinohScene

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not an easy answer because its not black and white. You can do it yes. but is it worth it? No. Because the only games you can put out on vita will most likely suck. Android devices have become much more powerful tough and there is no stop to that but gaming on mobile is meh.
Why don't you make your game for PC or PS4 instead? it will likely be more popular and you are less restricted with hardware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.amazon.com/Kinhank-Portable-External-Batocera-Compatible/dp/B09W5N71LM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3...