Homebrew Any good Guide for Importing Wii Saves out there?

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need a good guide (including a FAQ) regarding Wii saves importing from Wii to Dolphin and vice versa...
I searched via google and also a bit around here but couldnt find anything useful. I have to admin that I didnt go through the whole "SaveGame Manager GX"-Thread so if there is a guide in general, Im sorry for asking here...

Would really appreciate it if someone gave me a link of a very detailed guide:
what my problem is:

I used Waninkokos Save Manager to extract all Save files from my Wii to the SD Card (the other save manager almost recognized no save files... only 2-3)
And now I have all these various file formats: .bin, .dat, .sav and files with no extensions at all...
Is there any program which recognizes the games by the folder name (since its all numbers I cant figure it out myself unless there is a list out there...) and which can format the saves to use them in Dolphin?

And what I also wonder: When those save files are then used in Dolphin and lets say I play through half the game and format the save file back to use it on the Wii again... will this save file be "flawless"? For example if it was an online game and I played it online on the Wii with a save file previously used in Dolphin, could any problems occur due to maybe the save files being recognized as "hacked" or something since used on the PC?

I would appreciate a link for a guide which also answers my questions, if there is one out there...

If there is one before my very eyes and I am blind for not seeing it, I apologize

Thanks in advance!

sameoman3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are ways of doing it but I have been unsuccessful... see the problem is that I have been playing Skyward Sword on Dolphin... Came back home for the holidays and I wanna play on my Wii now.... Many guides say to transfer the User/Wii/title/00010000//data to the SD card and install using Savegame Installer or Savegame Manager... but when I transfer it and go the Savegame Manager nothing shows up... or when I try with Savegame Installer... it recognizes that it needs to copy the directory that I mentioned above but then I get "Error ret: -1"... I've been at it for hours and no progress.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Here is a link to a thread that has not worked for me but maybe it might work for you... http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=5848
Please post if successful with this guide THX ALOT!!!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Save files are unique for each game, which is why there isn't an app to convert all of them. If it is a Skyward Sword save, I can convert it for you (I've done it a few times for people). Just dump the save with Savegame Manager GX and send it to me. You will have to have a save file from both regions on your Wii.

sameoman3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is that I have only been playing Skyward Sword on my computer through Dolphin Emulator... I want to transfer this save to my Wii... how can I do this...

EDIT:
So I figured out how to take a save from dolphin and install it on my wii...

1. Take the files from the dolphin directory that in here --> "User/Wii/title/00010000//data/". There should be three files a .BIN, a .DAT, and a .SAV. Copy these three files to your SD card in the "root:/savegames/00010000/" folder.
2 Then just install using the Savegame Manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3