Gaming Any other way to extract .iso/.bin files from PSOne Classic eboot.pbp?

boobsandlubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a PSOne Classic game called "Brigandine Grand Edition" using NoPayStation, after downloading the file it automatically decrypted and unpacked the .pkg file and created a folder with its game ID "NPJJ00236" and inside that folder got the DOCUMENT.DAT, EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN. I then transferred the game folder to my PS Vita and booted the game with Adrenaline and it's worked perfectly. Anyway, the game is in Japanese and I want to apply the fan translated english patch but I failed in the first step...and that is to extract the .iso/.bin files from the EBOOT.PBP so I can use PPFOMATIC or UMDGEN to apply the .ppf patches to the .iso/.bin.

I tried the following tools to extract the .bin/.cue files from the eboot.pbp but all failed:

- PSXTRACT: In CMD I'm getting and error code "Encountered Incosistent subheader" and it only created 73mb worth of .bin/.cue files. Basically it did not extract the whole thing. I tried the original and the forked version of the tool but same error code.

- PSX2PSP 1.4.2: Using the extract ISO from the eboot, It did nothing but freeze. I downloaded PSX2PSP from several other sources but same result.

- ICETEA 1.3: Using the extract ISO from the eboot, It seems to be extracting the .iso/.bin files from the eboot but after waiting 30 minutes it finished and it only created an .iso file with 78 bytes.

So I thought that maybe using a different tools to decrypt and unpack the .pkg file will give an eboot that will be easier for any of the three tools listed above to extract the .bin/.cue

- PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor
- PSN Liberator

Using the tools above gave same failed result. Is there any other way to extract the .bin/.cue files from the PSOne Classic eboot.pbp? Or at least is there a way to apply patches directly to the eboot?

Thank you in advance,

P.S

Please don't post a comment telling me to just download the already patched version of the game or download an iso from different sources.

Last edited by boobsandlubes,

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you link me to the translation patch? I'll see if I can do it. I'm sure there is a way to do it.

laney

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
heya not sure if u solved this yet, did u try running psx2iso on a different operating system, maybe windows xp etc? if u have done already, disregard this =0)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z