any way to make gba vc games look better?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
only works with roms i think, im using VC versions
If you're sticking with VC then there's basically nothing you can do, it's stretched or native. OPEN_AGB_FIRM has an option for bilinear scaling which is what I use, it smooths things out whilst using full screen and I personally love it, I think it looks really good.

Some people prefer to use mGBA for image quality (see here, scroll down to RetroGen's posts).

But yeah, both those options do use ROMs.

Reactions: CoolMe

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Given the disparity of resolutions the best think you can really do is embreace the blurriness and use twl patcher to enable gpu scaling to use something similar to a bilinear filtering. Really, on a 240p screen and a 1.5x scaling you really cannot get good-looking sharpening. The bilinear filtering makes it look kinda like a CRT, so it's somehow fitting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, you can modify a settings file for open agb firm after running it to manage certain settings. I've found the settings in the source code as well.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I brought an old 3DS XL back to life (installed new circle pad, modded, and still need to replace top screen "lens") just for this purpose. Screen's big enough that in native res the GBA games display at almost the same size as on a real GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack