Gaming Anyone know if this is a bad dump?

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was having some fun with this mini game. Working fine till the 34th level. Once I finish the level the game crashes every time, either in "story" mode or just in the level select mode. I think the crash comes while the game is trying to save, but that´s just my guess.

Would be cool if anyone could confirm. Is there another working release?, or did maybe something get "lost" on my end?

Also if there is another working release, will my current save work or do I have to start all over?

Thanks if anyone knows, or can maybe point me to a better place to look for an answer.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
*snip
Also if there is another working release, will my current save work or do I have to start all over?
*snip
I'm not sure if it's a bad dump or not, but you'll be able to resume from where you left. Save data corruption only occurs when you update a very old CFW to a newer CFW. But if your new file is from another country (say, USA) while your save is for EUR, it won't work.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, found the original dump (Also from ABSTRAKT and also EU.) and was able to continue. However I had to play through 2 levels before I could carry on with the v2 of the game I had began with. Seems to be running again at least till level 38.

Don´t know what the difference is between the 2 dumps. The .nfo doesn´t say what the difference is and the size seems to be exactly the same, so your guess is as good as mine.

Hope this might help anyone else who encounters this problem.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Think both are scene releases from the same group.

original: Revoltin_Youth_EUR_PSN_PSP-ABSTRAKT

v2: Revoltin_Youth_v2_EUR_PSN_PSP-ABSTRAKT

Regardless, problem seems solved for now. Just still don´t know what is supposed to be different in version v2.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
if it says v2 it's not a redump - it's a real re-release.
probably to fix a bug - angry birds got a re-release too.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a small update. After swapping the .iso´s playing 2 levels, then switching back to the original .iso the game plays through till the end.

Easy game, most players will probably breeze through it in just a couple of hours. Lot of glitches though.

Saw that there is now a U.S. dump. Maybe it won´t have the freeze problem the v2 EU version has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...