Hacking AnyTitle Deleter Mod 6 Released Today!

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I just found out at WiiBrew that it was released today: here.

Sadly, even when choosing IOS249 at start, it gives an error at the last step when it's "Identifiying to the Wii as its daddy..."

Could someone give it a try and let us know? Apparently, it isn't working with cIOS Rev 14, but may be working with others.

On the other hand, up until now, I've been using a modded ATD that works from IOS249 and WORKS fine with Rev 14!
frown.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... no, I'm not. I don't have IOS36 patched and I don't want to patch it to just use ATD (hence why I'm using the previous ATD to work with IOS249). This is because I want to have my Wii in the cleanest state possible; I only forced myself to patch IOS60 to be able to run games from SD, and that's it. All the other homebrew I use is running from IOS249.

Anyway... the point is, why doesn't it work with IOS249, when it clearly should? Is it because something in the Rev 14? Could someone with other / the same Rev try it out?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting same error with Rev 14 on my wii, and i used DOP-IOS to trucha, hash check and ES_Identify patch my IOS 36 current build and it still doesnt work, it does however work if i downgrade it to lower rev which i dont wanna do. I got it working on IOS222 hermes cIOS v3 no probs though, but is there anyway to patch it to auto select an IOS so i dont have to change it everytime the program starts, causse the default doesnt work for me

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A long time ago, cIOS was based on IOS37. After a few revisions, Waninkoko decided to switch to IOS36. With rev11, he switched once more to IOS38. IOS38 does not have the Trucha bug (duh), flash access or ES_Identify, which is why RedSquirrel's AnyTitle Deleter MOD chokes on newer cIOSes.

For now, I'd suggest using IOS36 v1042 if possible; it has the Trucha bug, ES_Identify, and flash access. (The IOS36 ES_Identify patch in TBR and Dop-IOS doesn't seem to work for many.)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
A long time ago, cIOS was based on IOS37. After a few revisions, Waninkoko decided to switch to IOS36. With rev11, he switched once more to IOS38. IOS38 does not have flash access or ES_Identify, which is why RedSquirrel's AnyTitle Deleter MOD chokes on cIOS.

For now, I'd suggest using IOS36 v1042 if possible; it has the Trucha bug, ES_Identify, and flash access. (The IOS36 ES_Identify patch in TBR and Dop-IOS doesn't seem to work for many.)

This is good info, i knew this had happend but didnt know the new IOS did not have flash access in it, I am able to downgrade my IOS36 but is there ANYTHING that would be affected by this in a bad way? like maybe games asking for updates again etc?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Dialexio said:
A long time ago, cIOS was based on IOS37. After a few revisions, Waninkoko decided to switch to IOS36. With rev11, he switched once more to IOS38. IOS38 does not have flash access or ES_Identify, which is why RedSquirrel's AnyTitle Deleter MOD chokes on cIOS.

This is good info, i knew this had happend but didnt know the new IOS did not have flash access in it, I am able to downgrade my IOS36 but is there ANYTHING that would be affected by this in a bad way? like maybe games asking for updates again etc?
Games as new as Mario Power Tennis may ask for an update, since they contain newer IOS revisions that squash the Trucha bug. You can always disable updates in Preloader or load them via Gecko.

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
A long time ago, cIOS was based on IOS37. After a few revisions, Waninkoko decided to switch to IOS36. With rev11, he switched once more to IOS38. IOS38 does not have the Trucha bug (duh), flash access or ES_Identify, which is why RedSquirrel's AnyTitle Deleter MOD chokes on newer cIOSes.

Great info, and completely true. The patch in TBR and others patchers doesn't work for ATD: you have to downgrade to full v1042. Sadly, that's what I'm trying to avoid.

The strangest thing is that nowhere in the WiiBrew page or elsewhere is this mentioned by RedSquirrel (modder). And also, how come I'm using a modded ATD I found that works with IOS249? Maybe it's doing something else different that could be adapted to this (mod 6) ATD?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Dialexio said:

Great info, and completely true. The patch in TBR and others patchers doesn't work for ATD: you have to downgrade to full v1042. Sadly, that's what I'm trying to avoid.

The strangest thing is that nowhere in the WiiBrew page or elsewhere is this mentioned by RedSquirrel (modder). And also, how come I'm using a modded ATD I found that works with IOS249? Maybe it's doing something else different that could be adapted to this (mod 6) ATD?

That modded version is MOD5 edited to use 249 and it works with Rev 14? mind sharing? ^^

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:

this is wrong, how would you install wads without trucha bug ?
custom IOS apply patch to the IOS, no matter of what version it is originally (btw, last IOS36 version also does not have the trucha bug anymore, in fact NO OFFICIAL ios have the trucha bug anymore
), and the minimal patches are still the same:trucha bug unpatched, ES_Identify, etc... check the CIOS history

No, it doesn't work with Mod6 because there is a problem on Mod6 side, that's all
check the changelog:

QUOTE-Added a function to select with which IOS to start the program. So if you get an error at program startup procedure just restart the program choosing another IOS (with flash access).

actually, there is really no benefit in using rev6 if rev5 works for you

Red_Squirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
Jacobeian said:
this is wrong, how would you install wads without trucha bug ?
custom IOS apply patch to the IOS, no matter of what version it is originally (btw, last IOS36 version also does not have the trucha bug anymore, in fact NO OFFICIAL ios have the trucha bug anymore
), and the minimal patches are still the same:trucha bug unpatched, ES_Identify, etc... check the CIOS history

No, it doesn't work with Mod6 because there is a problem on Mod6 side, that's all
check the changelog:

QUOTE said:
-Added a function to select with which IOS to start the program. So if you get an error at program startup procedure just restart the program choosing another IOS (with flash access).

actually, there is really no benefit in using rev6 if rev5 works for you

It's not a mod6 issue, but I think a IOS249 limitation: it has no flash access, like you can see with signcheck:
"SignCheck 0.3 aka /dev/nintystuff build report"
"Wii region", Europe
"Wii unique device id"

"IOS number", "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"
"IOS250 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS249 (ver 14)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS222 (ver 1)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS202 (ver 2)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled

IOS222 and IOS202 have flash access, IOS249, IOS250 not. IOS222 and IOS202 work with no issue with ATD, IOS249 and IOS250 not (or better yes, but with some errors).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem is that AnyTitle Deleter does 2 ES_Identify, while ES_Idenitfy is buggy in the new IOS or at least if it's patched.

Possible solutions:
- Only do the 2nd ES_Idenitfy, the 1st shouldn't be necessary because of the patched nand permissions
- Do an IOS Reload before the 2nd ES_Identify(try to avoid wpad shutdown and reinit, it's buggy)

(if that works, credits go to brkirch who fixed that issue in Gecko OS)

Red_Squirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
The problem is that AnyTitle Deleter does 2 ES_Identify, while ES_Idenitfy is buggy in the new IOS or at least if it's patched.

Possible solutions:
- Only do the 2nd ES_Idenitfy, the 1st shouldn't be necessary because of the patched nand permissions
- Do an IOS Reload before the 2nd ES_Identify(try to avoid wpad shutdown and reinit, it's buggy)

(if that works, credits go to brkirch who fixed that issue in Gecko OS)

I will give a try, thx
wink.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There sure is someway to make it work with IOS249 Rev. 14, because as I said before, I'm currently using a modded ATD that works from it, and it's running fine without errors and I'm being able to delete anything OK.

I'll post it here later (when I get access to my Wii), but sadly I don't have the source code, only the .dol now.

So Red_Squirrel, if you could look into that it'd be awesome! Specially because 99% of users are running the latest Rev. 14 now, and will run into the same problem.

Thanks to all.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Possible solutions:

Both work, thanks for the tip.

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it's the ATD that works out of IOS249 and works even in Rev. 14! Sadly it's not the Red_Squirrel version; let just hope that he can update his to make it work:

Link

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Here it's the ATD that works out of IOS249 and works even in Rev. 14! Sadly it's not the Red_Squirrel version; let just hope that he can update his to make it work:

Link

Here's how I got the original ATD to work with rev 14. (Thanks to Wiipower's tip)

In the miscInit function in wiibasics.c, find this code:
CODEret = Identify_SU();
if (ret < 0){
ÂÂÂÂwait_anyKey();
}

And comment it out:
CODE/*ret = Identify_SU();
if (ret < 0){
ÂÂÂÂwait_anyKey();
}*/

Then in the main function in main.c, find this:
Code: