Apple sues Samsung for copying

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah really hwo much is the rating for apples and samsung
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't ask me why my answers sucks...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i remember a jap or chinese prank show where they act as if the person is being shot from outside by a sniper. When the host comes in to tell him otherwise, he said i will sue u (ofcourse sarcasm or something) so the host says do u think this is america?
i guess the relation of that statement to today's news is getting closer.

I agree samsung really copied a good chunk of the design but there are so many things one can copy other than design such as the internal workings of the chips. Now u cant sue them for everything, something has to be copied.

Previously ppl used to sue on the use of the same name or something really obvious but these days its like we are suing trying to push the limits. the sue concept has really been abused by some IMO

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
syko5150 said:
Canonbeat234 said:
OT: LONG LIVE THE SLIVER HERO!!

On Topic: Apple, you do know the ol' saying goes 'That's like comparing apples and oranges,'
At the end of the day they're both still fruit and go in the same and out the same
Yea, but at the end of the day oranges are still oranges and apples are still apples. Apples aren't oranges and vice versa.
lecture.gif
laugh.gif

This is a bit piece of nonsense...

I though it was copy right hardware and name not looks?
in this case they're both the same thing. even if they're made by different companies(apple, samsung) in the end they're still phones. same thing with the apples/oranges reference at the end of the day they're both still fruit

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
What about the fact that Apple purchased nearly 5.7b dollars on Samsung products last year for use (primarily) in its mobile devices? I think Samsung should definitely retaliate by affecting supply levels, for example something like "Oops, sorry Apple, the flash memory you requested for iPhone 5 production won't be ready until next month." It would be hilariously to see how Apple would respond when they have to hold off production, granted they could get the parts from somewhere else, but you can't negotiate 5 million pieces of parts overnight, either way they would still be delayed in production.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/19/apple-s...0-faces-strong/

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some things will never change
try to show another way but you stayin' in the legal game
Now tell me what's a consumer to do
bein' real don't appeal to the corporation and you
You gotta operate the easy way
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way
suin' all of the kids. " I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sony & Apple are the same - retarded egotistic fools. I already hated Apple, now I hate them more. Next they'll sue "touchscreen" phones for copying the idea of "touch screen" from their precious iFail.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
i guess i was the only one here that thought samsung totally ripped off the apple when i first say the galaxy x. other people that saw it said stuff like, "how can they even get away with that?" "might as well stick an apple logo on it and sell it in the black market"

i think it's well deserved. i'm all for good competition, but that isn't right.
While they may look similar, the problem (for apple) is that the similarities are a LACK of features in the visual sense. Everything is moving to touch screen, so physical buttons are getting less and less common. Buttons were, in part, what gave various devices their unique look.

In recent years Apple seems to be all about the frivolous lawsuits and patents which should have never been approved. But when you got money, fuck everyone else.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Whoa! In the world of big-time lawsuits, this must be just about the biggest. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple has sued Samsung Electronics for copying "the look and feel" of its iPad tablet and iPhone smartphone.
SORRY APPLE I DIDN'T KNOW YOU OWNED RECTANGLES AND BLACK NOW

To sum up:
dry.gif

Another reason I hate Apple and their business practices.

Oh, and Android > iOS.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ProtoKun7 said:
QUOTE said:
Whoa! In the world of big-time lawsuits, this must be just about the biggest. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple has sued Samsung Electronics for copying "the look and feel" of its iPad tablet and iPhone smartphone.
SORRY APPLE I DIDN'T KNOW YOU OWNED RECTANGLES AND BLACK NOW

To sum up:
dry.gif

Another reason I hate Apple and their business practices.

Oh, and Android > iOS.
+100 for the last line.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dangy said:
Dialexio said:
*takes a totally different approach at this from everyone else* I'd love to see what happens to Samsung's role as an Apple supplier after this. (Samsung supplies Apple with key components like manufacturing Apple's A4/A5 SoC, displays, NAND storage, RAM, and maybe some other things.)

My thoughts exactly. How can Apple even do this to one of their main suppliers?

Oh, that's great.
laugh.gif

I'd love it if they stopped supplying and Apple couldn't find a replacement.

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Apr 19 2011, 01:16 PM)
Except no one everyone buys the Samsung Galaxy Tab iPad because even though it's an overpriced piece of garbage.
Fix'd.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, may I see it?