Hacking are flashcarts save files interchangeable?

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
Are flashcarts save files interchangeable? I am not only changing flashcarts but also going from dsixl to 3ds. I haven't received the new cart yet and just remembered about my save files. I hope I will not loose them and that they will work on my new cart and system.
from ndstti.cn to n3dstt.com (after reading several posts... I think I didn't choose my second card any better than I did my first. so no clones war please.)
Thanks for your time,
Sylvie

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes they are interchangeable to and from dstt to R4 no problem.
ndstti is a dstt clone an n3dstt is yet another r4 clone.
Personally i prefer dstt over r4. Next time(or now) pay few more dollar and get an acekard you will never regret it.

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the response Magsor.

I was going to buy that one but I was drawn to the familliarity of the dstt. So you are saying that the n3dstt is not even an dstt and the menu might not be the same?

Acekard was my second choice. I'll have to do some reaserch and see what that looks like and if it will work on a 3ds and or DSI with the current FW's and maybe switch over. It's three times the cost though... do you happen to know the website of the legit ackard so that I don't by a fake again? ...I'll look it up...

thanks for your time.
Sylvie

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well it looks like in my circumstance, they are not interchangeable because when I open a game on my new card on my 3ds it complains that the save file is corrupt and needs to be deleted... and creates a new one.

Now I wonder if that's because of the flash cards being different or because I went from the dsi to 3ds and the 3ds creates different save file.

I will have to open a saved gamed on my dsi on the new card and see if I get the same results.

I'm glad I backed up my save file first.

I'll keep you posted.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3ds won't create a different save file to the DSI, it's down to the flash cartridge you're using.

What cartridge do you have and what exactly do you want to do?

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well it appears that it's not the dsi to 3ds and it's the card from ndstti.cn to n3dstt.com . good news is that it's not all the games that need new save files. I'm not going to try to convert the ones that don't work. Instead, I am just going to start over. hey the second time around I should be much better/faster. right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3