Hacking Are the brand new Wii's moddable?

nastysoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to get a new Black wii and mod it to play backups on an external HD, but i am worried if they are now shipping with 4.3 on them? Anyone know much about this? Also what are the limitations on the external HD, any size limit? or brand? Thank you

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You won't see systems with 4.3 in retail stores for at least a month or two. Nintendo pushes the updates to the update servers, and then at some stage after that the factory image is updated, and then those Wiis have to make their way to retail shelves.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninty does not have a Magical updater to update unsold Wii's on the market. I'm quite certain if you buy a Wii today it WILL NOT have 4.3 on it. It will probably take at least 6 months before it shows up in mass on brand new Wii's

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
google usb hd compatibility list

and google everything else you asked, since in the last couple days theres a million ppl asking the same thing. I think this is the fourth time answering this for me

D

Deleted_171835

Look here to find out what HDD to get. I recommend the Iomega 1TB Prestige Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0.

4.3 Wii's won't be on the market this soon. It'll take several weeks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
by the time 4.3 is in stores, we'll be worrying about modding 4.4
biggrin.gif

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Look here to find out what HDD to get. I recommend the Iomega 1TB Prestige Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0.

4.3 Wii's won't be on the market this soon. It'll take several weeks.

I just bought one of those today, and no matter what I do, it would freeze after around 5 minutes. Friend of mine has one too and have no issues.

My Seagate FreeAgent seems to be working relatively well, except for the odd hiccups.

I feel ike the Iomega has the same hiccups, but does not "survive" them.

Got any ideas on this?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
Ninty does not have a Magical updater to update unsold Wii's on the market. I'm quite certain if you buy a Wii today it WILL NOT have 4.3 on it. It will probably take at least 6 months before it shows up in mass on brand new Wii's
yknow hte technology exists that they could if they ever decided that they wanted to package that technology in with the wii
tongue.gif

can't see em doing it though, the cost wouldn't be worth it to them. Plus it would create such an outcry from the press...

rafao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great part of wii consoles (more than 70%) are shipping with new 4.3U and a new drive to blocks DVD reads.

So still actually i use two pendrives to load my games, but i have plan to buy a external HDD in future.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
Lothlorian said:
yknow hte technology exists that they could if they ever decided that they wanted to package that technology in with the wii
tongue.gif

can't see em doing it though, the cost wouldn't be worth it to them. Plus it would create such an outcry from the press...

No. It doesnt. You realize that for this to happen, the wii would have to be providing power to the whole system and the wifi module, connecting to a network that may or may not be protected, is not pre defined, and may not even exist? Not to mention that the wii would have to be powered... meaning the box would have to be plugged in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4