Hacking Homebrew Aroma wiimote issue

gazsimo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction for an issue I'm having after moving to Aroma from Tiramisu. The wiimote and the attached classic controller to it can no longer control the WiiU home menu. Only the home button and button 1 work. Interestingly the d-pad and A button work on the 'pause' menu (with controller settings etc) when you press home. They do function as expected when going to vWii. Any thoughts anyone? Many thanks in advance and many thanks to all coders, content creators, contributers, posters for all the amazing resources, I've been having a great time modding my wiiu which lay doment for many years - you are all offically awesome!!

EDIT: Now I'm doubting myself, did the wiimote ever work on a stock FW wiiU or am I imagining things :D

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiimote work on modded/original Wii U, OF COURSE! What R U thinking? the Wii U cannot play certain games without wiimote!
Possible causes:
1. Wiimote issue, try another one
2. Are thoese Wiimotes genuine?
3. Have you installed Bloopair under Aroma? If so update it to the newest, earlier versions have connections issues with Wiimotes. Also 3rd party Wiimotes can still be difficult to connect if using Bloopair, if so just delete this plugin.

gazsimo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
haha, yeah i thought so, I'm not going mad. :D

1. Yes, tried 3 different wiimotes. Both standard and motion plus ones
2. Yep all genuine
3. Yes, I've got bloopair installed, I've not had much luck getting it to work though, only with a switch joycon. I'll try the latest, and remove it and see if that helps.

Thanks for your suggestions!

EDIT: I found the issue. I had swipemeswap me installed, and as I don't have the WiiU connected to a TV, only using gamepad while I mess around with homebrew, the pointer was on the TV not the Gamepad. Swtiching sipemeswapme to mirror the gamepad solved it. Cheers!

Last edited by gazsimo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw