ROM Hack B&W Slower on certain micro SD cards?

teleska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been said before..

I was wondering why My Acekard with a Sandisk 4gb HC micro sd would access everything at a slower pace then my son's card same set up.

Well it just appeas that it is the Micro SD itself. Even though they were in the same package, etc.

I've tried everything. Different acekard, different everything. It is just slower in accessing menus and what not.

Anyone else notice something similar to this?

It was just pretty unbearable playing on that slower version.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Happens some times.
Even if they are the same brand, same size, same class and have the same package, the two cards could be made in different batches, from different factories and even from different countries.
Cards from China/Taiwan tend to be of lower quality and have slower speeds than those made in Japan and Korea.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed this with all my Pokemon roms on a 4gig SanDisk SDHC card; had no previous problems with the 2gig model.

teleska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just certain cards like the other person said. Made form different places different factories.

I have 2 other 4gigs that run it perfectly fine, its just this one that is slow.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
I've noticed this with all my Pokemon roms on a 4gig SanDisk SDHC card; had no previous problems with the 2gig model.
2GB would be a standard Secure Digital card, the 4GB is a SD High Capacity.
The SDHCs are typically but not always slower than the standard SD cards, just as SDXC will most likely but not always be slower than the SDHC and SD cards.

In most devices, the difference in speed isn't noticeable, Digital cameras only need to write one image at a time and uncompressed video is about 30Mbit/s or 3.75MB/s, so a Class 4 with 4MB/s write speed would be sufficient for almost everything in that aspect.
Those devices typically have more of a need for write speed than read speed, where as the DS makes use of Read and Random Access times more so than a write speed which is used primarily for saving -- and a Class 4 is said to save Pokemon/WarioWare faster than a retail cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4rPCxHN1Zg