Nirrozero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone Help me i have the weirdest problem,
so i ran the zelda exploit homebrew channel installed

then i tried to do the newest backup Launcher v3
i go to Cios installer (the one with the sonic icon) and it goes to the screen with the agreement and it says press A
and i press A but nothing happens... A or any button just sits there, i checked Wifi Settings, i even downloaded the without wifi files and made the folders on the root of the sd and same thing.

its a NTSC Wii with 3.3U

whats even weirder is i did the same thing with another Wii the same 3.3U and it worked perfectly

Please can anyone help ill be as descriptive as possible on all terms

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nirrozero said:

i go to Cios installer (the one with the sonic icon) and it goes to the screen with the agreement and it says press A
and i press A but nothing happens... A or any button just sits there, i checked Wifi Settings, i even downloaded the without wifi files and made the folders on the root of the sd and same thing.
I believe you have to press "+"

Edit: or maybe that's just in the WAD manager

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nirrozero said:

its a NTSC Wii with 3.3U

whats even weirder is i did the same thing with another Wii the same 3.3U and it worked perfectly

Please can anyone help ill be as descriptive as possible on all terms

Try Waninkokos installer. His new Custom IOS36 rev06 installer comes with support for backup-launcher 0.3 beta, too.

http://wii.waninkoko.info/

Nirrozero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--=ZerO=-- said:
Try Waninkokos installer. His new Custom IOS36 rev06 installer comes with support for backup-launcher 0.3 beta, too.

Ok so i got Waninkoko's installer to run but it gives me a ret=-1 error? any ideas?

EDIT**
good website for Wii Homebrew
http://www.eurasia.nu
EDIT**
sweet thanks Zero everthing thing worked out
it installed and backup launcher worked too now i can backup my Harvest moon game
*what i did wrong* mistaked the installer for a wad file so made a folder in apps called Waninkoko's installer renamed the dol file to boot.dol
and made a folder called wad on the root put the *Required* file there, oh i also put the *required* file on the root just in case without the wad file,
loaded up the wii , went to homebrew, loaded W's Installer and it installed , backup loader worked and didnt freeze anymore, i have yet to test a game but it should work

Thanks everyone

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nirrozero said:
--=ZerO=-- said:

Ok so i got Waninkoko's installer to run but it gives me a ret=-1 error? any ideas?

EDIT**
good website for Wii Homebrew
http://www.eurasia.nu

Do u have a IOS36-64-v1042.wad on ur SD?

If not, don't ask for a link. It would be against the board rules. But u are free to PM me. ;)

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@drewcu
You don't use the custom IOS, so the results are different.

@unicode2CP
I am not planing to add a uninstall feature. There are enough tools to uninstall IOS249.

@jelosoda81
I think you haven't installed the cIOS correctly. You need to reinstall.

@cedwii
Some seconds ago I was able to start old games with the disc channel (e.g. Twilight Princess). Newer discs like Super Mario Galaxy detects a modchip.

jelosoda81

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
WiiGator said:
@jelosoda81
I think you haven't installed the cIOS correctly. You need to reinstall.

I've used the cIOS installer that came with the backup launcher and managed to install it succesfully. I've tried to load games, and it freezes. I've then tried overwritting the cIOS with waninkoko's rev6 and still same freeze when trying to boot the game. Is it due to that i've uninstalled cIOS prev? as i've managed to run games fine before that. Only after i uninstalled cIOS and reinstall them, the freezing happens. By the way, the way i uninstalled cIOS is via waninkoko's cIOS uninstaller. I even tried AnyTitleDeleter to remove cIOS 0249 and reinstall it again. Same thing happen.

Please help and thanks.

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cedwii
Some seconds ago I was able to start old games with the disc channel (e.g. Twilight Princess). Newer discs like Super Mario Galaxy detects a modchip.
[User is currently offline.] Profile Card [Send a PM]

So, for your loader it doesn t mines full compability?
I m very happy with 0.3 is awesome!
But i m thinking of the new release alfa,what else can you do to have more compability, if the disc channel don t work?(like wii ski).
Can you force trought disc channel to force cIOS 249 for all games?
Sorry for my english and thank s for your answer it s nice to have your point of wiew for all the questions we have.
And the last thing,when you mine detects a modchip, do you mine homebrew is well?
thank s!!!

knigitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the NO DVD error is supposedly disc related - but the same disc works fine on a modchip wii using the original disc channel. Is this going to be resolved in a later update, or will I really have to end up reburning my discs? Note, some of them work, some of them don't - all burnt the same speed, options, and media+r brand.

I hope this is addressed in a future update.

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
Hello,
I would like someone to help me,
that I recomendais services for the backup launcher of Wiigator v 0.3 beta, or that of the CIOs Wiigator Version 36 Revision 06 Waninkoko?
What differences they have?

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
WiiGator said:
Does that mean you have Twilight Princess PAL working now, or are you talking about the USA version? Do they use different IOS and thats why the USA version plays and the PAL one crashes?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
hey Wiigator,
the read retry fixed my prob with Paper Mario, but I am havin probs with Pokemon battle Revolution. I get the disc cant be read error, with all the cIOS, no luck...
edit:
nevermind, it looks like DVD brand does matter!

kolobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem with backup laucher 0.3 on wii firmware 3.3E ?

I have one wii with version 3.3E and it works like a dream and i have another that was updated to 3.3E a day later and
NO wads can be installed ??? CIOS installer, CIO51 and WiiShop all install fine but i just get error 0211 or something when trying
to load wads.

Do i have whats called 3.3U ?

I can get homebrew channel installed and wiigators backup laucher 0.3 to work but it will not load any games?

Any help would be most appreciated on these new problems that are occuring.

Regards,
Steve...

finkel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

new to that wii backup launcher and after reading the full thread, i still have some questions:

1) the program needs the real Zelda Twilight Princess in the disc drive. Can I replace Zelda with any other game (retail copy) - SMG, SSBB etc?
2) what size of SD card do u guys use? How big is the backup launcher file and on average on big is a Wii game file?
3) is there any "preferred" SD brand or any issues known with a specific brand?

Thanks for your help! really appreciate it!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
finkel98 said:
Hi everyone,

new to that wii backup launcher and after reading the full thread, i still have some questions:

1) the program needs the real Zelda Twilight Princess in the disc drive. Can I replace Zelda with any other game (retail copy) - SMG, SSBB etc?
2) what size of SD card do u guys use? How big is the backup launcher file and on average on big is a Wii game file?
3) is there any "preferred" SD brand or any issues known with a specific brand?

Thanks for your help! really appreciate it!!

1. No Only Zelda
2. up to 2 Gig - 1 gig works fine as does 512 , nothing over 2 gig for now
3. not for me - most works once its 2 gig or under

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
@Wiigator
*Dragonball Z works offline excellent, but opening video lags. Online works, you are not being disconnected from WFC, but moves doesnt work. All you can do is move around(slowmotion....), no punching kicking! Can it be fixed?

finkel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other questions:

1) I read that DVD RWs are not working well w/ the launcher? Any other issue w/ DVDs (any brand works?). I should stick to DVD R?
2) Can i burn more than 1 ISO on a DVD or do I need to have only 1 ISO per DVD?

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first post and i was wondering this...
I have the New wii update.
Running the new Homebrew Channel Works fine....
Going to install the new homebrew Browser Old one does not work
The old Iso Loader works fine.....

Now if I want to update to new loader I have read that certain games that worked with OLD loader do not work with new loader Example..SoulCalibur works fine for me But i see it has been reported it does not work with new update. Same with Star Wars Unleashed.

Now i dont know if this was answered yet but is there a way to Run both Loader so i can run the games that dont run on the new loader on the old one.

Anyway to run one off the SD card while the old one is wad and run it off that. Please let me know cause this would be the ultimate.

I have read but i have not seen if this NEW loader works with the new update does it? and the new Homebrew channel

thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious