Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Whtrvn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
nuke is just mad cause he is against piracy, thats understandable. i dont think you should cancel it though nuke. maybe just ask him to clarify that you are not involved with this project a little better.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why must this always be such a drama? I understand you're mightily pissed now, Nuke, but for christs sake don't whine and moan, just do something against it. It's open source. People WILL continue to work on this. So contact Wiigator, demand a huge friggin disclaimer that you, Nuke, the original source of the OS, have absolutely nothing to do with the addition of Waninkoko's DIP module, and that the program be renamed. Let Wiigator take credit for this. Pull your name off.
Walking through the internet calling Wiigator an asshole and dramatically announcing that you will discontinue the Gecko OS project now just makes you seem like a whiny brat. Which is not really helpful if you do not want your name "dragged around in the mud".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think asking for the name change is the best option too.
it will prevent having duplicate version numbers, doing different things because not developped by the same author.

Actually it's already conflicting, because it's still using 0.6 in topic name, like if it was just a bug updated version from original author.

[Nuke]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
psycon said:
nuke is just mad cause he is against piracy, thats understandable. i dont think you should cancel it though nuke. maybe just ask him to clarify that you are not involved with this project a little better.

im mad because of this readme, which has my name on it, and he inserted a line but still looks like I wrote it. This is bad ethics, and I had nothing to do with it. please read the readme below with the line added.

Yeah it don't seem like much to be pissed about, but in my country its illegal to make piracy products, and its not hard to find my company name, and this just looks like its some official Gecko OS release. Its not smart just stupid of him.

---------- read me edited -----------

Here is the source code to the Wii Gecko OS, I hope some people will learn from it. It is released under GPL V2.0 to try to get more people interested in developing applications for USB Gecko and also for the Wii.

The code is a little messy and uncommented.

Alot of people have asked for sources so they can help contribute by adding menus, better GUI and i'd also love to see this.

What i'd hate to see is if people just make a closed source app out of it in the form of some trainer or alternative cheat engine just buy changing the graphics.

A dedicated forum for the continue of GeckoOS development will be open at www.usbgecko.com/forums

Things to Note: Compile with entrypoint 0x80dfff00 for a safe area to allow the Game.

Just a quick thanks to Kenobi, Link, Y.S. (DIY Hacker), XT5, bushing, dhewg, Foxx, SMK, and all USB Gecko forum members.

This version is patched by WiiGator to get DVD backup support.

[Nuke]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
atomikramp said:
he should have done something like

"This project is a fork of the GeckoOS by Nuke"
The original author is not related in any way with this fork.

yeah i still don't know if he did this intentional or what or was just plain stupid.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Technically he should rewrite the Intro and rename the product.. I guess the main problem is not that the code is derivated from Gecko OS.. the main problem is that this application is still names Gecko OS, still contains Nuke's signature and it really looks like this is a piracy application by Nuke for our happy "I can't find a trial version" complainers.. sure, there are also people who just want to play pure backups..

but let's admit the truth: most people want to use it for piracy.. and sorry guys, I do not know any country in this world where it is legal getting a free backup to try if there's no trial version. Yeah, that's a Nintendo mess-up.. we have to live with that. Unfortunatey that doesn't make testing legal. And Nuke asks for a strict removal of his name in the official data.. I guess something like "Kudos to Nuke and his team for developing Gecko OS - though no work to allow backups was coming from their side" would make it. But this way it really looks like this is an application by him to allow pirated copies.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
[Nuke said:
]
psycon said:

im mad because of this readme, which has my name on it, and he inserted a line but still looks like I wrote it. This is bad ethics, and I had nothing to do with it. please read the readme below with the line added.

Yeah it don't seem like much to be pissed about, but in my country its illegal to make piracy products, and its not hard to find my company name, and this just looks like its some official Gecko OS release. Its not smart just stupid of him.

Well when I saw the readme actually I thought it was all written by Wiigator. "Nuke" in the last part was confusing though and it can easily be interpretted as Wiigator is in the same team with you. With doubt I went to the usb gecko forums and see it was just redirected to the homepage. I was in doubt till you write about the thing here. (Probably because I never knew gecko os was open source
smile.gif
)

So, whether it lead to piracy or not Nuke is right to get angry about that bad readme since it's not proper, false and confusing. Wiigator should have separated what he added and left the original readme content as is.

And Nuke, I suggest you to calm down since what already has been done is already done... Think how funny Nintendo getting pissed off because of the pirates and stops producing wiis... and think about your decision to stop working on Gecko OS. I don't think it's enough reason.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Prisoner said:
One Piece Unlimited Adventure USA patched PAL via WiiFrii doesn't boot...

ok....now it works...

IMPORTANT:

Games patched PAL with WiiFrii need to be launched with FORCE PAL60 as option....or else green screen...

One Piece UA also needs forced english language....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup