Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

C

compacho

Out of the 3 options I've tried (windows, wine, and linux binary) only the XP method has worked for me.

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compacho said:
Predator04 said:
Miles said:
Why don't you guys just drag the ISOs to Backup Creator.exe?
That's the easiest method of doing it, unless you manually add a "Patch ISO" option to the context menu.
because that doesn't work

HERES HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM
Rename Backup-creator.exe to anything like backup-creator222.exe
then right click iso and open with and find backup-creator222.exe

That worked for me! and i guess if you have the problem just keep renaming it!

Dude, you're the man. Pretty ingenius idea. IDK why I didn't figure that out myself. Time to *try* more games. Thanks.
np glad it worked for you. i was getting pissed off cuz i couldnt get it to work. and i tryed different things and that worked. burning boom blox now!

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to Use Mario Super Sluggers, but when I get to the intro video it doesn't stutter, freezes. It shows the first frame, and I left it on all night and when I woke up it was on the same frame. My Discs are very slow (about a minute between the main menu of Mario Kart and the 2 Player mode itself, but it works!), so maybe that it the problem? Also, I tried Cooking Mama Cook-Off, but it gets to the title screen and the Press Start doesn't appear, it's just stuck there.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Also, what is the recommended burn speed? I don't know what to use. I used 4x on Mario Kart, 2x on the others, I'm using 4x on Mario Strikers, but it's not done burning yet.
I would just test myself, but I'm low on discs, sorry.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status Report: Mario Strikers loads slower than usual, then has polygon tears in the menu, and freezes when trying to load the level itself. Tested PAL version on NTSC Wii with NTSC Forced, on a generic DVD+R a 4x speed.

bigjohn8411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i've tried everything.

i've done a clean and proper install of the cios v5, from waninkokos loader. then i installed dvdx, and did the advance option and installed to ios249. and i have the backup loader on my SD card.

i dumped SMG from my wii to my computer using wifi. so i got the iso. i burned the iso (un-partitioned) to a verbatim dvd-r, and i've burned the partitioned one to a verbatim dvd-r. both using imgburn, at 2x speed. both discs got a "dvd indentify error". i've literally run out of ideas. i also tried maxell dvd-r's, same problem.

and i know i did everything right. any help here would be awesome...
the only thing i can think of, is...the iso would be bad. but its not a bad dump, because it's size is 4,699,979,776 bytes. so im really stumped, and i have no idea what to do now lol. help!

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigjohn8411 said:
well, i've tried everything.

i've done a clean and proper install of the cios v5, from waninkokos loader. then i installed dvdx, and did the advance option and installed to ios249. and i have the backup loader on my SD card.

i dumped SMG from my wii to my computer using wifi. so i got the iso. i burned the iso (un-partitioned) to a verbatim dvd-r, and i've burned the partitioned one to a verbatim dvd-r. both using imgburn, at 2x speed. both discs got a "dvd indentify error". i've literally run out of ideas. i also tried maxell dvd-r's, same problem.

and i know i did everything right. any help here would be awesome...
the only thing i can think of, is...the iso would be bad. but its not a bad dump, because it's size is 4,699,979,776 bytes. so im really stumped, and i have no idea what to do now lol. help!
I only got that error when i used a non patched iso. when i patched the iso with backup creator it worked.

bigjohn8411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've patched it with the backup creator, and burned it. and i've burned it un-patched. both on 2x to a verbatim dvd-r. still the "dvd identify error". and it's making a funny clicking noise while trying to load. but i think ill try wii sports or something, and see if it has the same problem. i have no idea what could be causing it...

Centimetro

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
question, i have a mod chip coming in the mail (free-clip to be programmed, YAOSM). I went ahead and made a couple patched isos to play with the launcher - will the patched isos work with my modded wii directly, or will i have to reburn the isos in their original form?

just wondeing before i use more discs, id like to use the loader in the meantime, but i can wait if it means ill have to burn them lal over again anyway.

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Centimetro said:
question, i have a mod chip coming in the mail (free-clip to be programmed, YAOSM). I went ahead and made a couple patched isos to play with the launcher - will the patched isos work with my modded wii directly, or will i have to reburn the isos in their original form?

just wondeing before i use more discs, id like to use the loader in the meantime, but i can wait if it means ill have to burn them lal over again anyway.
but it your getting a mod chip why do you need this launcher?

Posts merged

QUOTE(bigjohn8411 @ Sep 30 2008, 03:09 AM) i've patched it with the backup creator, and burned it. and i've burned it un-patched. both on 2x to a verbatim dvd-r. still the "dvd identify error". and it's making a funny clicking noise while trying to load. but i think ill try wii sports or something, and see if it has the same problem. i have no idea what could be causing it...
well im downloading it now. (i mean backing it up) ill let you know what happeneds

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled the cIOS rev06 patchmii installer by WiiGator:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVBE22AN
I also made another channel that has more wii-like music (and the channel ID makes a little more sense):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FEFPDKFN

I tested them on my system and they work (that's not a guarantee that they will work on yours though). I'm working on compiling WiiGators extract partition program but I am having some issues. The linux binary is really easy, but I'm having some dependency problems with OpenSSL on windows. If I can't figure it out in the next day or so I will post the version I have now that requires the Cygwin DLLs.

PS: If you can name where the channels song comes from you are an awesome person.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'll ask one more time and hopefully get an answer. Sorry for asking something that's probably common knowledge or been asked many times already.

I have an NTSC Wii. Can I play PAL ISOs directly using the backup loader? If not, can I use the WiiFrii to make them NTSC and then play them? Would I have to also use the Force NTSC option in the loader with either of these methods (with converting with WiiFrii and without if I don't have to do that)? I'm curious because de Blob NTSC is reported as having FMVs and menus skip but the PAL copy apparently has no errors so I'd rather play that one.

Thanks if anyone answers.. wouldn't want to create yet another backup loader thread just to ask this.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
psycon said:
u have to us the force option. at least i didnt when i wiifriid brothers in arms to ntsc.
"u have to" but "i didnt"? So first of all, I do have to use WiiFrii to change the region, yes? And I'm a bit confused on whether I have to use the force option or not since you said "at least i didnt"

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For those with problem with your ISO's i've downloaded (don't remember where) a tool called "WiU1.1.exe", this is a very nice tool cause it open your ISO and tells you:

Game Title
File Name
File Size (and if it has the right size)
Game ID
Region ID
Make Code
Update (if it has an update)

and then it let you to change the region to:PAL/NTSC-U/NTSC-J, and if you are under 3.3 it let you block the update so no update is execute on your Wii, i've past thru all my ISO's before I patch them and if the ISO is bad, then you know you can't continue, and don't waste more DVD's (the guy from Office Depot is making a fortune with this app, how many DVD's have you wasted??)

If this worked for you, help others...!!!

p.s. you can also backup the information of your ISO, so if you like to let it as if you just dumped the game, and of course, it has a nice interface, lol. remember

"WiU1.1.exe"

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
For those with problem with your ISO's i've downloaded (don't remember where) a tool called "WiU1.1.exe", this is a very nice tool cause it open your ISO and tells you:

Game Title
File Name
File Size (and if it has the right size)
Game ID
Region ID
Make Code
Update (if it has an update)

and then it let you to change the region to:PAL/NTSC-U/NTSC-J, and if you are under 3.3 it let you block the update so no update is execute on your Wii, i've past thru all my ISO's before I patch them and if the ISO is bad, then you know you can't continue, and don't waste more DVD's (the guy from Office Depot is making a fortune with this app, how many DVD's have you wasted??)

If this worked for you, help others...!!!

p.s. you can also backup the information of your ISO, so if you like to let it as if you just dumped the game, and of course, it has a nice interface, lol. remember

"WiU1.1.exe"

can you post WiU1.1.exe? i ony see 4 google searchs for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious