Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This sounds nice, Wiigator.
If you manage to use the system menu as the loader, do the games still need to be patched with the backup creator?
Are already patched Discs still working, then? Or could there be a way to unpatch the isos?

Wenn Du magst, kann ich Dir bei Grafiken behilflich sein. Brauchst Du irgendwas ? ^^

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:
Is Wiigator creating a new version of his backup loader, or that and he's making a new cIOS? Also, no one answered my question asking if you just install the new cIOS, or if you have to uninstall the old one first.

Currently I am working on the DIP module (= cIOS). I plan to use the Wii system menu as loader. This should have full game compatibility.

hmmm you seem quite the knowledge of a lot of stuff don't you, wiigator ,hmmm i wonder. well anywayz keep up the good work

oo and wiishizzza i been wondering that to, because i deleted the unpatch of most of the game i downloaded to free up space

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:
Is Wiigator creating a new version of his backup loader, or that and he's making a new cIOS? Also, no one answered my question asking if you just install the new cIOS, or if you have to uninstall the old one first.

Currently I am working on the DIP module (= cIOS). I plan to use the Wii system menu as loader. This should have full game compatibility.

Brilliant , looking forward to doing some testing on that if you need people
wink.gif

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:

Brilliant , looking forward to doing some testing on that if you need people
wink.gif

yes i would also like to test it to
wink.gif

w4aqar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator-Would it be possible to load a burned Wii game from the disc channel without modchip or is that not possible (yet)?
Oh please can i be a BETA tester too?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
w4aqar said:
WiiGator-Would it be possible to load a burned Wii game from the disc channel without modchip or is that not possible (yet)?
Oh please can i be a BETA tester too?

At the moment you can install a channel that will let you do that - now its not the original channel , but there are many backup channels you can install that do it very well.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:

Quick question: Does this mean we have to reburn the games we already have or will patched games work?

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:

Quick question: Does this mean we have to reburn the games we already have or will patched games work?

We will find out when it releases or when we get the beta testing so wait like others

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:

That's awesome news! This might be a dumb question, but what about reading speeds? I guess they won't be perfected, because you need to use an entirely different approach (I'm quoting marcan here
tongue.gif
), but it may be different when you don't use DVDX.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone !

I got some games to test if i can help. I'll be happy to beta test for you Wiigator. You can be sure i don't give this beta to anyone !
You make great work already. Hope there is no leak like the waninkoko one ... all this great work for leaving the scene for a stupid leaker.

I got -Mario Kart (bug with the third race ...)
- Mario Galaxy (bug in the first movie)
-Zelda
-Carnaval game
-Metroid III(backup in progress)
-Lego star wars (backup right after metroid finish)
- And some other to backup

All game is original and for backup purpose only!

It's great work to combine the gecko os with the loader ! Good job !

Thank

Mat

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:

That's awesome news! This might be a dumb question, but what about reading speeds? I guess they won't be perfected, because you need to use an entirely different approach (I'm quoting marcan here
tongue.gif
), but it may be different when you don't use DVDX.

All i've read in this topic is they improved the speed still running at 3x but somehow they optimized it so it's just a lot quicker, which offcourse is good news for everyone, i hope it gets done soon, cause i finally got my 50 Verbatim DVD-R in my pocket
biggrin.gif

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
Well if testers are going to be involved expect a leak almost straight away. I think it's very clear that no-one can be trusted.
I'd hope that anyone with a brain and a beta copy would think of the following first:

A: Leaking one of Waninkoko's or Wiigator's betas is a pretty quick way to make the entire scene hate you after what happened last time.

B: You have a lot more to gain by keeping your mouth shut and testing your ass off so it won't have to be in beta anymore.

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
Nin10doFan said:

ah, so not using Gecko will now increase game compatibility. I did see that mentioned a few times around here. Wonder how this new approach will fare with using non-region games.

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, this new release means we can use backups on the disc channel?

And I was thinking, is it possible to get Gamecube backups running? I tested Pikmin and it couldn't be patched because the file system is different. If we don't have to patch games anymore, than does that mean gamecube backups are possible?

EDIT: After I couldn't patch Pikmin, I decided to just burn it anyway. It gave the error it gives when you didn't patch a game, DVD Identity failed.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I really doubt that using the System Menu will increase compatibility. The compatibility problems are because of read speed and because cIOS is based on IOS36 (this one is the big problem).

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the custom dip module should be added to ios30?
i am curious to ask if you think your loader has progressed farther than wiigator's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH1Do1-qGBU