djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
toasterhead219 said:
EDIT: djtaz, oh i didn't know u've been keeping that updated. should have read ur sig. thanks. so its cios_fix for the ios and boot_hook.dol from the homebrew launcher?

Yup - and i think i have the older files in a folder called OLD in case u want to uninstall anything though i dont think you need to really.

diesel.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this breakthrough for a better faster v0.3 release have anything to do with an original correctly signed version of Nintendo’s Backup disc, which was left in a console after repairs? Available on net now. (Wii Backup Disc v1.31 USA)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask is correct - they are unrelated.
Also that disc was only discovered recently and the new v0.3 release was being beta tested for the last 2-3 weeks.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that repair disc is so small, it's not even worth burning (17.7 MB compressed), we could probably just run it from an SD card.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The disc just mentioned was leaked back in February and wasn't responsible for any breaktroughs in homebrew AFAIK.

blakepender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for a laugh I got the .iso of that, and patching it works, creating a 266MB patched .iso

Now burn it on CD or DVD?
tongue.gif

Edit: CD Did not work, anyone want me to test DVD?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZarathustraX said:
Where can we read about people's adventures with the 0.3 beta? The compatibility list seems void of new information about playability and such.

ZX

In this thread is about the only place really - the beta testers are posting here but there is no official release yet so info is limited -

Playability looks to be very close to 100%
Wiigaotr is working on getting it working for patched and non patched games before release
Online play works on all tested.
Read speeds are 3x but is a lot better coded so the difference between normal and modded load times is very close - about 1 or 2 seconds in difference.
DVDx is not required for the new one

again this is info gathered as we go , but more will be known when its released - and if you or anyone asks when ... december 23rd (no thats no true but it will stop you asking)

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK so about the cIOS fix. So it's not made by Wiigator or Waninkoko. Is the boot.dol in djtaz zip a new third loader? If so will the cIOS fix work with WiiGator. And about the new wiigator loader coming out. Will it have a new cIOS? If not will the fix work?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:
ZarathustraX said:
Where can we read about people's adventures with the 0.3 beta? The compatibility list seems void of new information about playability and such.

ZX

In this thread is about the only place really - the beta testers are posting here but there is no official release yet so info is limited -

Wiigaotr is working on getting it working for patched and non patched games before release
Read speeds are 3x but is a lot better coded so the difference between normal and modded load times is very close - about 1 or 2 seconds in difference.

again this is info gathered as we go , but more will be known when its released - and if you or anyone asks when ... december 23rd (no thats no true but it will stop you asking)
thanks man you come very handy on updating the info , cause catching up with all pages is a bet hard
yaypsp.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jordan10la said:
OK so about the cIOS fix. So it's not made by Wiigator or Waninkoko. Is the boot.dol in djtaz zip a new third loader? If so will the cIOS fix work with WiiGator. And about the new wiigator loader coming out. Will it have a new cIOS? If not will the fix work?

Your mixing up the cIOS_fix and the boot loader - two different things.

The cIOS_fix is a modified IOS that changed the memory areas used that crashed ceratin games - it now runs them.---- see the ISSUES AND ANSWERS in my sig ? its all on the first post
the boot loader is a new loader written to save people having to select GB PAD on the original loaders for every game.

we are unsure of the setup of the new loader until its released except anyone who hasnt got wireless will need the files in the first part of my sig.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
djtaz said:
ZarathustraX said:

ZX

thanks man you come very handy on updating the info , cause catching up with all pages is a bet hard
yaypsp.gif

yeah its a bit mad - im trying to keep most of the relevant info in my issues and answers thread as well but i dont have everything in there cause it went a bit mad for a while.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A question for the beta testers....
I've noticed that with the CIOS fix version, or any version for that matter that you run under GC pad, doesnt allow the cheat codes to work (im assuming the hook used for applying them was removed.
So my question is can anyone out there on version 3 let us know if the ocarina/wiird/geckos codes work with the new loader?
Anyone?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
A question for the beta testers....
I've noticed that with the CIOS fix version, or any version for that matter that you run under GC pad, doesnt allow the cheat codes to work (im assuming the hook used for applying them was removed.
So my question is can anyone out there on version 3 let us know if the ocarina/wiird/geckos codes work with the new loader?
Anyone?

Now theres a new one for the issues and answers thread - id like to know this myself if anyone has time to let us know. Thanks digitydog and thanks guys in advance for answering.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I think the most important part is to come with the first release of a good coded loader with most bug fix and compatibility , then I guess cheat codes and gecko os will be easier to add and support

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:
It's all because of friggin' Raiyu saying he had the OK to release it so all the noobs had mindgasms and creamed their tighty-whiteys and now they won't shut up about this today/tomorrow crap.

OMG, can I please steal this for my sig? That was just perfect!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, everyone, I just got a reply back from WiiGator...

I asked if I could become part of the beta testing...

Here's the reply;

Thanks for wanting to be part of the beta team, but I've got enough right now. And to answer your question of when the next release will be, I'm looking at the 3ed week of November right now. I want to make sure all the code is clean, and well written, and want as many games as can be tested before I let it out in the wild.

There, you go, 3ed week of November, now, stop asking!

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
OK, everyone, I just got a reply back from WiiGator...

I asked if I could become part of the beta testing...

Here's the reply;

Thanks for wanting to be part of the beta team, but I've got enough right now. And to answer your question of when the next release will be, I'm looking at the 3ed week of November right now. I want to make sure all the code is clean, and well written, and want as many games as can be tested before I let it out in the wild.

There, you go, 3ed week of November, now, stop asking!

Ok, time to log off and check back in bout 4/5 weeks time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P