judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic4Ever said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Hmm... Maybe i'll give it a try... Questions!

Does this custom IOS and this backup launcher have an influence on my legit games?

If I'm not happy of it is there a way to uninstall both the custom IOS and the backup launcher so that my Wii will work as before? (drive speed and all)

Could someone answer?

if you are so worried don't bother installing.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic4Ever said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Hmm... Maybe i'll give it a try... Questions!

Does this custom IOS and this backup launcher have an influence on my legit games?

If I'm not happy of it is there a way to uninstall both the custom IOS and the backup launcher so that my Wii will work as before? (drive speed and all)

Could someone answer?

The IOS can be uninstalled. If you're using The Homebrew Channel, then you're not installing the backup launcher since it's just running from SD. If you installed the backup launcher from a WAD as a channel... you can still uninstall it with the WAD manager. And the backup launcher doesn't alter your drive speed at all. The Wii reads it at 3x simply because it's not a pressed Wii disc, it's a DVD-R. You can run all your legit games and it'll run normally and read at the same speed as always.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the boot.dol from the cios installer from backuplauncher0.3_beta is not the same as the v6 download from waninkoko's site. different date and file sizes. what is the difference?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
or simply it's related to the media which was used. even if it worked with the older versions, a bad media could cause dre with the new loader. i only recommend verbatim dvd-r (mediacode MCC03) or taiyo yuden dvd-r.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Luriden said:
deervark said:
my .1 loader is no longer working. is this normal, has anyone else encountered this?

It's because you installed a new cIOS. My guess is it's incompatible with 0.1. Uninstall that, reinstall the cIOS you used for 0.1 and try it.
Ah. I came here wanting to ask for that. I cannot use 0.1 anymore when I install 0.3, eh? Bummer. My desire to be able to play de Blob beats my desire to try 0.3.

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
On a PAL Wii 3.2E

Resident Evil :UC unpatched (AKA 1:1 AKA crypted) : working flawlessly

For now i have a 100% ratio (SMG first cutscene lags a little, but that's far better than a black screen)

amzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get this to work with my dc2pro modded wii...Was hoping to load some patched games I had previously...Can someone post a comprehensive way to clean all previous ios etc using any title deleter (without deleting anything that is needed for the wii ...don't want to brick it!!)and re-install this backup loader to get this working?....Also can dvdx be installed so I can try loading video dvd's for playback on the wii? MAybe a thread\sticky dedicated to this would be helpful to all?
blink.gif

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
amzo said:
I can't get this to work with my dc2pro modded wii...Was hoping to load some patched games I had previously...Can someone post a comprehensive way to clean all previous ios etc using any title deleter (without deleting anything that is needed for the wii ...don't want to brick it!!)and re-install this backup loader to get this working?....Also can dvdx be installed so I can try loading video dvd's for playback on the wii? MAybe a thread\sticky dedicated to this would be helpful to all?
blink.gif

Thanks
From what i heard,

Posts merged

amzo said:
blink.gif

Thanks
From what i heard, The B-launcher wont work with modded wiis. Then again,

Posts merged

amzo said:
blink.gif

Thanks
From what i heard, The B-launcher wont work with modded wiis. Then again, this was during the early stages of

Posts merged
amzo said:

QUOTE(amzo @ Oct 25 2008, 06:33 PM)
blink.gif

Thanks
From what i heard, The B-launcher wont work with modded wiis. Then again, this was during the early stages of v.1

Jontsu00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i tested my patched games(+1 1:1 game) with the new launcher and played each game 10-20 minutes. Here are the results:

-NFS:Carbon,PAL and patched: Loads much faster and works much better now with the new launcher so far.

-Bully:Scholarship Edition, PAL and patched: Loads much faster and worked just fine so far.

-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption,PAL, 1:1 : Plays just fine, no problems so far.

-No More Heroes, PAL, patched: Plays just fine, much faster reload times, no problems so far

-Resident Evil 4: Wii edition,PAL,patched: Plays just fine,much faster reload times,no problems so far

-SoulCalibur:Legends,PAL,patched: Threw an error in mainmenu (Game disc could not be read)

-Star Wars - The Force Unleashed,PAL,patched: Error (Game disc could not be read)

PAL Wii.

Pretty impressive, awesome job Wiigator and waninkoko!

Greetz from Finland.
smile.gif

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now the 0.3 is out, there are still many issues to fix, and the biggest is to make the loader work without needing to patch the IOS, but Many Thanks to WIIGator, Waninkoko, and all the beta testers, u can rest for a monthh guys, Well done !! (Paradudes ^^)

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarkeoX said:
Now the 0.3 is out, there are still many issues to fix, and the biggest is to make the loader work without needing to patch the IOS, but Many Thanks to WIIGator, Waninkoko, and all the beta testers, u can rest for a monthh guys, Well done !! (Paradudes ^^)
Getting the loader working without the patched IOS is like trying to run a car with the engine removed :>

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just my 2 cents but I would advice people who are testing and adding their tests to the wiki page to be sure of their
results or it won't really help Wiigator.

Best would be to only add games which have been tested a few hours, because testing a game 2 minutes isn't really enough (the game can lockup after one hour of play or something like that).

Or after a few different peoples confirmed one game don't work.

I'm saying that for example, because a beta-tester (even if he's maybe wrong but would be weird) said ealier "Bully : Scolarship Edition" was working and the game is on the wiki as "non-working".

But it's just an idea, everyone is doing like they want to.

Have a game to test but I'll wait tomorrow even if its working because I want to be sure they are no random lockup.

Darkeo: Didn't you put the wrong sentence? Because the backup launcher is working with 1:1 copies (no "patched" games), and its recommended to be used with 1:1 copies, so except that seeing a better compatibility with "patched" games, I don't see the point here ^^;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: