Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Kieran801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LAA said:
Does anyone else have a problem with Wario Land PAL Patched?
I'm kinda concerned that like 15 people have confirmed it works and for me it doesnt...
Sorry about mentioning it 2X, but I'm concerned about this...
If the mods are unhappy with this, they can take it down.

My wario land 1:1 works fine. Burnt 4x with Imgburn on maxell dvd-r.
Not got to the level thats freezes yet though..

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
dawnbringer said:
hi all i found and an interesting bug in the wii backup launcher 0.3 before i comment further i must thank Wiigator for the superb work he is doing.

In the middle of the game i get error like cannot read disc etc (after load) this happened on several games like ssbb and pokemon battle revolution

I installed the read_retry fix version and smash bros worked well however Pokemon (which was previously unbootable it kept jamming) booted but in the middle of the game i often get disc read errors... strangely enough i am allowed to eject the disc and the game doesn't exit... after i experimented a bit i realised that if i eject the disc and reinsert it AFTER i physically rotated the disc it works!!!!!!!!! kind of annoying though

sorry if its reported already

Thanks

Didn't think of trying that... Haven't really had that situation come about either... Maybe once... I don't care what any of the experts say about the burn speed... seems my best results are with 2.4x speed DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs... IMGBurn latest version.. The only good suggestion I've seen to go along with burning at that speed and still not getting something to work that everyone else has... is the one about maybe checking on an update on the firmware/driver of your optical dvd drive... and not some .10 cent a peice discs either.. get something known like Verbatim, Memorex, HP, Maxell, etc.. those names are probably made from the extra material swept off the floor at the Verbatim headquarters and the no namers steal it out their dumpsters! hehe.. just kidding about that... but seriously... GO WITH THE FLOW! DJTaz has the best zip compiled...it's a fast download, it's reliable, and he explains it so a hairless chimpanzee could do it! Anyways.... maybe Gator can work some more magic soon with all this thread post madness! Can't believe this thread is almost at 300 pages... If the mods were going to close it... they would've definately done it by now.... especially since it is considerably larger than the one about Wan's loader being leaked a month or so ago... Anyways.. I am about to try a few new games I got last night... at the store... yea...the Big N store...yea....that I paid for...

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I havent read through this giant thread for a few days, so not sure if this has come up before. But with the 'old' games like Zelda not supposedly working, has anyone tried IOS patching the ISO? for example Zelda is only using IOS9. Maybe im way off track but it was just a thought. Ill patch it to IOS33 and see

EDIT: Ok scratch that idea, doesnt change anything for PAL version zelda

Deepfreezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don´t know if some one postet this before, but for those who doesn´t know it, theres a "trick" to get Harvest moon: Tree of Tranquility work "normal" on PAL Consoles with RGB Cable, to avoid the "REDScreen" that looks like you see the game thrugh Red Sunglasses.

Just turn ForcePAL50 on in the Backup Loader options and start it.

For me it worked fine, thats also the reason while i added it in the Bachup Launcher v3 Wiki

here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3#H

Hope this is helpful for PAL users.

Edit: Tested it only with Harvest moon ToT so far, but i think it should work for other NTSC games on Pal either.

Greetings

Deepfreezer

cygnusx12112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's some advice to anyone thinking they can just go out to Best Buy and get the shitty Dynex brand discs... don't. Stay as far away from those damn things as you can. All they did for me was make about 20 coasters.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda Twilight Princess NTSC works for NTSC Wiis but has anyone tried the NTSC version on PAL? No information in the Wiki

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this sounds off topic, but how do I install Save files? I want to install a save file for Wario Land, and im afraid I don't exactly know what kind of application I need
frown.gif

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help me

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Deepfreezer said:
Edit: Tested it only with Harvest moon ToT so far, but i think it should work for other NTSC games on Pal either.
Unfortunately lots of NTSC games just freeze if you try to Force PAL50. Luckily some games do work though.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Patryc said:
Zelda Twilight Princess NTSC works for NTSC Wiis but has anyone tried the NTSC version on PAL? No information in the Wiki
Yes, works fine in NTSC mode. This means a Red tinted image if you use RGB cables. Composite (Red Yellow White Phono/RCA) will give you a normal image, but very ugly (as you would imagine from composite video). Component should also be fine, but I've not tested it.

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i've tried zak and wiki pal version decrypted with my pal wii,..
strange thing happened!

it takes about 7 seconds to load the wii strap screen, then another 7 seconds to get to say loading.. then stays there for sometime then hangs!!

tried different hock types,.. and nothing works..

what causes that ?

Deepfreezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
quim69 said:
Deepfreezer said:
Unfortunately lots of NTSC games just freeze if you try to Force PAL50. Luckily some games do work though.

Good to hear, I´ve tested some more and found that HM ToT freezes on pal using forcepal60, but with pal50 it works superb. played it for 2 hour and no issues.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leon2457 said:
I know this sounds off topic, but how do I install Save files? I want to install a save file for Wario Land, and im afraid I don't exactly know what kind of application I need
frown.gif

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help me

Copy your current save to an SD card.

Download the save you want.

Find the folder on the SD where original save is. Replace it with the new one.

Transfer back over to your Wii. You should be all done.

Zeno McDohl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Wars Force Unleashed boots, but then says "An error has occurred. Press the Eject button, remove the Game Disc and turn the power off"...

Any ideas? I think it worked on 0.1.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
n8littlefield said:
Anybody have a solution for DVD rom drives that don't allow switching the booktype to burn dvd-rom (mine's a Matshita - emphasis on the shit)?
Use DVD-R or get a different DVD drive.

Boy1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Magellan said:
Anyone got Tiger Woods 2009 PAL working?

I just burned it and an disk error pops out when I press A to play after the EA presentation. Maybe I burned it wrong, just wanted to check so I wouldn't waste one more dvd on it.

Sorry pips, just found out the compatibility thread, i'll ask there, ty

Hello,

I've burned the Iso unpatched on a 1TeK DVD-R and it works for me, loading times are acceptable.

cu Boy1979

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn lock up on them at the beginning of chapter 4? According to the compat list, it works 100% but it locks up at the exact same point every time (I'd note it there, but I'm not sure how I should do that when most say it's working).

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
n8littlefield said:
Anybody have a solution for DVD rom drives that don't allow switching the booktype to burn dvd-rom (mine's a Matshita - emphasis on the shit)?

I'm using a external Freecom and its not listed in IMG Burn but if i select Samsung under booktype and change DVD+R to DVD-ROM it says changes made ok and my burns work.

If I try changing booktype under the other drives it gives a error so you will no if it works or not. So try all the drives listed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol