Hacking Backup Loader 0.3 Compatibility Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBeane

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I just finished burning a Guitar Hero 3 custom (Guitar Hero 2 custom, PAL), so now I've got a reason to test out the backup loader, yay!

I'm also going to try Guitar Hero World Tour (NTSC). I know tonnes of people have been reporting it as working nicely, but would this perhaps be any different when playing it on a PAL Wii? Well that's what I'm using.

And just another noobie question. For decrypting the images, I see people have been talking about both 'extractpartition' and 'backup-creator'. Are these both the same thing? If not, which one is better to use?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to make sure I do the right thing
smile.gif

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Tales of Symphonia : Knights of Ratatosk to work but i had to force pal50, and it's in black and white, could this be just the copy I have? Or is everyone else with Tales of Symphonia : Knights of Ratatosk seeing it in black and white? Other than that the game runs awesome. This is the first I've ever tried this, I'm quite surprised by how well it is runnin'.

cataphonicdisson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for testing:

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, NTSC-U, patched) - works, videos stutter a bit.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii, NTSC-U, patched) - Used to work, now just gives the same error as others. I'll reburn it unpatched to see.
Alone In The Dark (Wii, PAL, patched) - force NTSC and it's perfect. It even used to crash early into the game during the burning building segment but it works now.

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cataphonicdissonance said:
junk_man32 said:
cataphonicdissonance said:
junk_man32 said:
i already ripped it, but im not waisting a dvd if i dont know

So you want to leech off the community and let others test and waste their dvds in your stead?

I might be extremely new to the place but I didn't mind testing out some of the untested isos i just downloaded and giving them a shot. =|
dont jump into this, please u dont wanna see me pissed

tomyface738.jpg

As for testing:

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, NTSC-U, patched) - works, videos stutter a bit.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii, NTSC-U, patched) - Used to work, now just gives the same error as others. I'll reburn it unpatched to see.
Alone In The Dark (Wii, PAL, patched) - force NTSC and it's perfect. It even used to crash early into the game during the burning building segment but it works now.

i would say it to ur face (man thats an ugly ass face boy)

shred6waves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is 3.3 needed to play guitar hero world tour? ive got a code dump on one disc and a wont boot on another.

ntsc game and wii running 3.2u, unpatched iso

CoasterMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had 1:1 Wii Music NOT work? I hang at the launching game screen after the "No SD Codes Found".

What are SD Codes anyway?

Meowayne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rod_Hull said:
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - 1:1 - loads the title screen, intro video is VERY choppy (sound is bad too) - game crashes with "cannot read disc" error after the first "loading" screen. Cannot get it to play. Can't understand why some have said the PAL version works - they must have only got to the title screen/intro video and got bored waiting for it to finish.
No. I've played quite a bit of it to see if everything worked. And it did. I guess these are the "unreproducable" errors Wiigator was speaking of which were the reason for the public beta in the first place: Games working for some people, and not working for others for no discernable reasons. So far, only a handful of games really definatly don't work, while some - de Blob, Wario Land, Wii Music, Mario Super Sluggers for example - seem to be working fine for some users while others it gives the disc read error.

So maybe we should just go and check where our process of burning Wario Land differs or what the difference between our two Wiis is. I burned the game at 2.4x with Nero 8 on a Verbatim DVD+R booktyped to DVD-R. My Wii is 3.3E PAL, I load games using the Homebrew Channel (not a seperate channel).
I used Wiigator's 0.1 without cIOS-fix, and just installed 0.3 without removing any of the previous contents.

LLCoolDave

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guitar Hero World Tour NTSC 1:1 seems to work flawlessly. The decrypted burn I tried seems to reliably hang completely during loading on two different songs. Not sure if it's a burn issue or a general bug.

ACSpeedUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having problems running Wii Music. I have a PAL Wii, so is that the problem? I did try it both straight from the .iso and after converting it, and I get disc read errors both times.

Gone through like 10 discs. Bit annoyed.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
i did a 2nd test round last nite with the following results :

Verbatim DVD-r azo, Nero 8 @ 4x, all games decrypted/patched, WII PAL 3.3E

Mercury Meltdown Rev. PAL - Doesn`t load, gives the Wii Disc error

NFS Pro Street PAL - Works flawlessly

Super Monkey Ball - Banana Blitz PAL - works flawlessly

DeBlob PAL - works fine till menus, on save select it gives Wii Read Error

Puzzle Quest PAL - works flawlessly

Trauma Center `New Blood` NTSC - Intro Movie sound stutters a bit, game works flawlessly

Trauma Center `2nd Opinion`PAL - Intro Movie sound stutters a bit, game works flawlessly

Wario Ware Smooth Moves PAL - Movies stutter a bit, but game works without any glitches

nit3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far is excellent.

Used Sony DVD-R burned at 16x on a Pioneer.
NTSC Wii 3.3U

Wii Music NTSC (1:1) - Works flawlessly
Guitar Hero 3 PAL (Decrypted) - Works Perfect
Guitar Hero Aerosmith NTSC (Decrypted) - No problems
World Amusement Park (1:1) - Perfect (game sucks)
DeBlob PAL (Decrypted) - As soon as I try to load or start a new game the Wii hangs and tell me to reboot.
Tiger Woods 2009 NTSC (1:1) - Works with no problems

More tests to come in the next few days, I've got almost 50 ISO between already Decrypted already burned and 1:1 yet to burn.

bous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried following games:

Top Spin 3: disc read error (after strap screen)
Link's crossbow training: disc read error
Boom Blox: works great, video's run pretty good too!

All games are PAL, my wii is also Pal, 3.3 (without shopping channel update).
All games were burned using IMGBurn on Emtec DVD+R, booktype DVD-Rom, 4x burn speed, all games were unpatched.

I've heard people saying that the disc read error is caused by burn speed or used media, but why would Boom Blox run perfect and other games have this issue if that's the fact?

I will try some other games (Wario Ware PAL, Monkey Ball PAL, Gottlieb pinball PAL, Mario Kart PAL, SW Lego-PAL).

One other thing I noticed is that the disc read error screen on top spin is different from the one on Link's, is this a screen that is loaded from the disc (that could explain a difference between screens)?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pinned the topic, but will still keep the other pinned for the time being.

Is it possible to have the lists in alphabetical order at all and with NTSC/PAL games seperated?

OldBeane

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, just installed the Backup Launcher 0.3b on my 3.2E PAL Wii
smile.gif

Guitar Hero 3 (Guitar Hero 2 Custom) [PAL] - Works great! I did get the Disc Read error half way through Career mode though, but resetting it a few times did the trick... quite possibly my media (No brand, burned 8x). Also a few times the songs did go out of sync, the pause and unpause trick seemed to do it though. Played it for about 3-4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...