Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cooking Mama (scrubbed): working flawlessly
Top Spin 3 (scrubbed): working flawlessly (burned on Verbatim DVD-R)
Mario Party 8 (scrubbed): working flawlessly (burned on Verbatim DVD-R)
Trauma Center - Second Opinion (scrubbed): working flawlessly
Zack & Wiki (scrubbed): working flawlessly
Super Mario Galaxy (1:1): working, video strutters a little
Mario Kart Wii (1:1): working, video strutters a little, WiFi working!!!!!
Dragon Quest Swords (scrubbed): working, video strutters a little
Family Ski (scrubbed): Not Working, "remove the disk" error, worked with v0.1

All games are PAL and tested on a PAL Wii, chip GC2-DMS, firmware 3.2E, with default loader options, burned on Verbatim DVD+R booktyped DVD-ROM (except where otherwise noted) with a BENQ DW1670.

Meowayne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hadrian said:
I've pinned the topic, but will still keep the other pinned for the time being.

Is it possible to have the lists in alphabetical order at all and with NTSC/PAL games seperated?
Pay no heed to the list on the first page of this thread, I don't think I will continue it. The data collected in this thread will be added to the Wiki.

Link and description to the Read Retry Fix will be added to the first post as well.

Still no luck with de Blob. Read Fix and unplugging everything except Wiimote didn't work. I can confirm, though, that there's definatly not a problem loading the levels. You just have to be fast enough. It's the menu animation or sound (or something other that runs in the background) that crashes the game after a couple of seconds - If you manage to enter a level in that time, everything works fine.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Meowayne said:
Hadrian said:
I've pinned the topic, but will still keep the other pinned for the time being.

Is it possible to have the lists in alphabetical order at all and with NTSC/PAL games seperated?
Pay no heed to the list on the first page of this thread, I don't think I will continue it. The data collected in this thread will be added to the Wiki.

Link and description to the Read Retry Fix will be added to the first post as well.

Still no luck with de Blob. Read Fix and unplugging everything except Wiimote didn't work. I can confirm, though, that there's definatly not a problem loading the levels. You just have to be fast enough. It's the menu animation or sound (or something other that runs in the background) that crashes the game after a couple of seconds - If you manage to enter a level in that time, everything works fine.

whooow ! how fast are you @ selecting it man. tried it 3 times now and it always crashed.
unsure.gif

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disaster: Day of Crisis scrubbed and brick blocked works 100% no lag or anything so far

burner=lg multi 20x ide
disk= really cheap tesco own brand dvd-r rated 8x
burn speed= 4x
burning software=k3b (kubuntu)

wii firmware= 3.3u (pal uk)

deco11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Need For Speed Pro Street. (PAL)
Works: Decrypted and 1:1
Disc: LG 16x DVD-R
Used ImgBurn at 2x speed.

Firmware 3.2E Australia

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I hope that for games with the disc read error like De Blob (but I heard it happens with several titles) will be found a fix, maybe in the 0.3 final or anything else, because it seems to be a quite common problem.
That being said, I have total faith in Wiigator, Wanikoko and everybody who works in the Wii scene, and I have even more gratitude for everything they're all doing for us.
I'm sure our public beta testing will help us improving things, and remember everyone update the compatibility matrix so the developers can easily view the data we submit after out tests.

digitaldazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 USA works flawless on PAL wii 1:1

de blob confirmed working if you get onto the level quickly

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WII 3.3E, Verbatim DVD-R 4x using Nero 8, all games decrypted :

Mario Party 8 PAL - played a full 15 turn game to see if battle minigames and 3 vs 1 will load, works absolutely perfect

Boom Blox PAL - works perfect

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got game disc cannot be read for ghost squad scrubbed PAL. i also used read_retry cios installer. i have 3.1e menua on australian pal wii. game disc error occurs instantly, there is no intro, just straight to error

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meowayne said:
Rod_Hull said:
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - 1:1 - loads the title screen, intro video is VERY choppy (sound is bad too) - game crashes with "cannot read disc" error after the first "loading" screen. Cannot get it to play. Can't understand why some have said the PAL version works - they must have only got to the title screen/intro video and got bored waiting for it to finish.
No. I've played quite a bit of it to see if everything worked. And it did. I guess these are the "unreproducable" errors Wiigator was speaking of which were the reason for the public beta in the first place: Games working for some people, and not working for others for no discernable reasons. So far, only a handful of games really definatly don't work, while some - de Blob, Wario Land, Wii Music, Mario Super Sluggers for example - seem to be working fine for some users while others it gives the disc read error.

So maybe we should just go and check where our process of burning Wario Land differs or what the difference between our two Wiis is. I burned the game at 2.4x with Nero 8 on a Verbatim DVD+R booktyped to DVD-R. My Wii is 3.3E PAL, I load games using the Homebrew Channel (not a seperate channel).
I used Wiigator's 0.1 without cIOS-fix, and just installed 0.3 without removing any of the previous contents.

Interesting. I uninstalled DVDx and the cIOS from Waninkoko before using the new loader - maybe this has a bearing on the results? I might re-install both to see what happens...

I think that the discs I use are DVD+R, and my drive has been setting the booktype to DVD+R instead of DVD-ROM.

I've altered this now. I'll re-burn later and try again.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
patrickv said:
got game disc cannot be read for ghost squad scrubbed PAL. i also used read_retry cios installer. i have 3.1e menua on australian pal wii. game disc error occurs instantly, there is no intro, just straight to error

Did you try with a not scrubbed copy ? I have the same problem with Samba de Amigo scrubbed. The other games I've tried (Tomb Raider Anniversary and Disaster) work fine but are not scrubbed.

Maybe this backup launcher doesn't like scrubbed copy...

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Tetram said:
patrickv said:

Did you try with a not scrubbed copy ? I have the same problem with Samba de Amigo scrubbed. The other games I've tried (Tomb Raider Anniversary and Disaster) work fine but are not scrubbed.

Maybe this backup launcher doesn't like scrubbed copy...

and again, im using scrubbed and decrypted version of ghost squad PAL and its working great on 0.3 for me so i don't thing thats the problem

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When there is no one adding our results to the wiki, i guess it`s pretty useless to furthermore test...
anyway. i tried another 4 games this afternoon:

WII 3.3E, Verbatim DVD-R 4x with Nero 8, all games decrypted

Alone in the Dark PAL - Works great, played for half an hour or so

Tiger Woods 09 All Play PAL - flawless, wifi works without problems, played St. Andrews front 9 without loosing connection

Luxor Pharaos Challenge PAL - No glitches @ all

Puzzle Quest - Challenge of the Warlords - PAL - Works !

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
magic12 said:
and again, im using scrubbed and decrypted version of ghost squad PAL and its working great on 0.3 for me so i don't thing thats the problem

Ok. Didn't know you already tested... Is it possible that a scrubbed but non decrypted version does not work? As for me, it was the case... Btw, I burn again without scrubbing anything on Sony DVD-R, and my Samba de Amigo works like a charm !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8