Hacking BannerBomb is dead?

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. there is some angry nerds laying into eachother on here. and as much as I think the guy who originally posted is a total cock-jockey, and as much fun as it is watching you dudes burn eachother, would it be possible for someone to sort out a problem that i am having on my wii instead, that no-one seems to have an answer for. Coz NOBODY knows who the fuck i am, and righfully so, coz i cant hack for shit, but im real good at reading instructions that clever non-angry guys, that dont waste time having pissing contests about who has done the most posts etc etc, have the heart to write.

So here is the problem. Lets see who really is the best on here based on how they can solve a problem, and not based on how many posts boasting about their post count they make...

i have a japanese wii (i live in japan)and recently used xzxero`s guide to update to 4.1J, i followed it to the letter, all the way to installing preloader. only to find out that pre-loader doesnt have any hacks for a japanese console (correct me if i am wrong). So reading the forums, it seemed like my next best option was startpatch 4.1 as it has hacks for a japanese wii.
so i downloaded startpatch4.1J (for the japanese console) but the problem is i keep getting the same error when i try and install it (loading through hbc) "getting file size.... error: -4" and thats where it stops and goes back to hbc. any idea how I can get startpatch installed on my machine.

so there it is. whoever figures this out is going to be the GBAtep god, at least in my eyes. so lets see what you got

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came accross a very nice term "Fucktard", it describes the reason for initiating such a thread. a quick definition :"A fucktard is a special variety of retard whose condition arises not from clinically demonstrable neurological impairment, but from buttersnap shitfuckery of the mind.' For more information please follow this link:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117690&st=0
cheers guys.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tommitek said:
Wow. there is some angry nerds laying into eachother on here. and as much as I think the guy who originally posted is a total cock-jockey, and as much fun as it is watching you dudes burn eachother, would it be possible for someone to sort out a problem that i am having on my wii instead, that no-one seems to have an answer for. Coz NOBODY knows who the fuck i am, and righfully so, coz i cant hack for shit, but im real good at reading instructions that clever non-angry guys, that dont waste time having pissing contests about who has done the most posts etc etc, have the heart to write.

So here is the problem. Lets see who really is the best on here based on how they can solve a problem, and not based on how many posts boasting about their post count they make...

i have a japanese wii (i live in japan)and recently used xzxero`s guide to update to 4.1J, i followed it to the letter, all the way to installing preloader. only to find out that pre-loader doesnt have any hacks for a japanese console (correct me if i am wrong). So reading the forums, it seemed like my next best option was startpatch 4.1 as it has hacks for a japanese wii.
so i downloaded startpatch4.1J (for the japanese console) but the problem is i keep getting the same error when i try and install it (loading through hbc) "getting file size.... error: -4" and thats where it stops and goes back to hbc. any idea how I can get startpatch installed on my machine.

so there it is. whoever figures this out is going to be the GBAtep god, at least in my eyes. so lets see what you got

Kind of a dumb way to preface your questions in a thread that needs to die, but since you already have preloader too, you could try porting the hacks yourself by following http://sifjarsblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/0...ader-hacks-ini/

Or you can try to find if someone has already done so and see if you can get the hacks.ini from them.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tommitek said:

it's because preloader is already installed, find the system menu # wad of your jap sysmenu and reinstall it to a clean copy (not the full 4.1 update but the sysmenu-xxx.wad) then install startpatch. Should work then.

I wonder how many more people I need to help before i can act like an asshole like linkinworm?

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
diego_pmc said:
linkinworm said:
are you guys giving me tips? do you know who i am, this shit was working like a week ago, before i did an update yesterday. same version of bannerbomb same wii same sytem menu. dont try come up with giving me intructions, i would never take tips from anyone one here
Wow, fuck you. You're being an ass just because people are trying to help?
Linkinworm thinks he has some kind of credibility in the scene because he "worked" (Beta tested) alongside Waninkoko or someone at some point. Honestly, he's just an assertive asshole who can't use proper grammar and spelling to save his life. Every time I see one of his posts it's like chewing glass to work my way through it.

Just took a quick look through the thread, and I see this was already referenced though. Glad to know that there are others that don't forget your past actions, Linkinworm. You know, the ones where you did nothing for the scene (Except stir up beta testing drama) and act pompous.

Glad we have a whole thread dedicated to the eventual asswhooping you deserved.

Edit: Also, Linkinworm, check out my registration date. Do you know who I am?

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
tommitek said:

Kind of a dumb way to preface your questions in a thread that needs to die, but since you already have preloader too, you could try porting the hacks yourself by following http://sifjarsblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/0...ader-hacks-ini/

Or you can try to find if someone has already done so and see if you can get the hacks.ini from them.

Yeah, maybe not the most gentle way to preface my post, but it seems that it seems that if you pee some people off, you get responses. Coz i have been pasting about the startpatch thing for a couple of weeks now and am getting ignored.

anyway, thanks for the response though, and back to the topic.

i actually used my nand backup to restore my wii prior to installing preloader (i didnt see the point of having it when i could use it anyway)

you say i can port the hacks? is it something i would be able to do? it sounds like something i could most likely fuck up...

ill have a look at the porting tutorial and see anyway. in terms of the startpatch4.1 problem though... any idea on how to fix it?

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mark McDonut said:
tommitek said:

it's because preloader is already installed, find the system menu # wad of your jap sysmenu and reinstall it to a clean copy (not the full 4.1 update but the sysmenu-xxx.wad) then install startpatch. Should work then.

I wonder how many more people I need to help before i can act like an asshole like linkinworm?

sorry. i actually ended up restoring my wii to the point prior to installing preloader using my nand backup (i couldnt use preloader anyway) so preloader is not installed....

although i am on the 4.1J, is that going to be a problem?

apd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
http://Linkinworm.no-ip.org/bb.jpg

updated wii yesterday still on 4.1 bannerbomb dies suddenly

Oh well you'll have to get the gbatemp users to buy you 2 Wii's now then....

begger.jpg

cheeseburgers.jpg

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tommitek said:
nabster92 said:

Yeah, maybe not the most gentle way to preface my post, but it seems that it seems that if you pee some people off, you get responses. Coz i have been pasting about the startpatch thing for a couple of weeks now and am getting ignored.

i actually used my nand backup to restore my wii prior to installing preloader (i didnt see the point of having it when i could use it anyway)

you say i can port the hacks? is it something i would be able to do?

ill have a look at the porting tutorial and see anyway. in terms of the startpatch4.1 problem though... any idea on how to fix it?

It's pretty easy to port them following that guide, I wrote it, and I worked out how to do it myself in about half an hour, without a guide. it's really easy.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
tommitek said:
nabster92 said:

you say i can port the hacks? is it something i would be able to do?

It's pretty easy to port them following that guide, I wrote it, and I worked out how to do it myself in about half an hour, without a guide. it's really easy.

sorry to be lazy dude. but did you say you already wrote it? amy chance you wrote it for the japanese console? any chance you could send me the hacks ini file if you did?....

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just had a look at the following tutorial.

http://sifjarsblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/0...ader-hacks-ini/

this shit is way out of my league. hex editor, NUSD etc etc etc. i dont know what half this shit is, let alone how to fuck with it.

does anyone have any idea where i could find a already made hacks.ini file for preloader for a japanese console 4.1J. to be honest, if i cant find one, the chances of me porting the hacks are near impossibe.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my kuro Wii yesterday and as they shipped it with 4.0J I did update it via Nintys update server to 4.1J(I assume latest) and went on hacking it from there.

Bannerbomb worked as supposed- like a charm. Also the other stuff went fine, including a complete region change to 4.1E.

Now I have a neat new kuro Wii completely european!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tommitek said:
SifJar said:

sorry to be lazy dude. but did you say you already wrote it? amy chance you wrote it for the japanese console? any chance you could send me the hacks ini file if you did?....

Sorry, I meant I wrote the guide. I never really ported many preloader hacks, as I dont use preloader, but I worked out how to do it to tell others. I definetly haven't done an entire hacks.ini, especially not for japanese wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I might download rayman revolution for my ps3