Wayden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all
Need some advice to buy a gaming monitor for ps4 in 2020. Can anybody suggest me a few models and brands?
I'm a casual gamer and will be playing COD.
I'm guessing IPS panels will be too expensive for me.
Any suggestions?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What's your budget? What size monitor? Will you use it for PC gaming? Do you plan on getting a next gen console?

But honestly, literally anything for just a PS4, since it's never going to be faster than 60hz and it'll never push more than 1080p, you're not going to need anything super fancy like 144hz or freesync or 1440p/4k or anything. Just buy the nicest 1080p/60hz monitor you can afford if you don't have a lot of money to spend.

If you can afford a 1440p/144hz monitor, you can try for the Viewsonic VX2758-2kp which is a 27", 1440p/144hz IPS monitor with Freesync that you can usually find for about $300 USD (no idea about Australia pricing though, I know Australian prices on most tech is dumb high) which is usually recommended as one of the best budget 1440p monitors.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to find an older LG monitor if you don't want to spend that much. Their panels have really good colors and viewing angles.
You might be able to find one with an IPS panel for about $100.

I'm still using a Flatron E2750 for my consoles. It's like 8 years old but it's 1080p60hz with a fast response time which is all you really need for current-gen consoles.

ntana1473

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all
Need some advice to buy a gaming monitor for ps4 in 2020. Can anybody suggest me a few models and brands?
I'm a casual gamer and will be playing COD.
I'm guessing IPS panels will be too expensive for me.
Any suggestions?
I would suggest you the LG 27UK850-W in 2020. It's a 4K monitor with HDR10 support and the best choices for PS4. Take a look at this https://shinyloot.com/best-gaming-monitors-for-ps4/ for details features for these.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My monitor suddenly shut down. What should I do, guys?
I would recommend opening a thread with at least the following information
What kind of monitor?
Smart or not smart?
How old is the monitor?
What led up to the shutdown?
Have you tried different power supplies?
And really any other details to help us help you.

NancySoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your suggestions. What do you guys think of Dell monitors? Are they worth buying? You know, I have one, and I’d like to use it with my PS4, but it’s broken. I still don’t know what happened to it, but a few days ago, it just stopped working. So, I’d be grateful for any information on How To Fix Monitor, guys. I literally have no idea how to fix it. I was playing PUBG, and the monitor just shut down. I’d be grateful for some service recommendations too. Thanks in advance for your help, guys.

Last edited by NancySoto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball