Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iMasaru said:
Is Rayman 3D any good? (Never played the original Rayman 2) I bought it today, but it's still unopened in its packaging. I'm not sure if i should keep it or go and exchange it for Samurai Warriors :S

I think it is okay-ish, neither the best nor the worst title that you could pick out of the launch ones.
If you have not played the original (as you stated) and enjoy platformers you might enjoy it.
If you don't care about getting all the Lums (some elfish things, don't know really
rolleyes.gif
) it might be a little short though.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
I picked up Ridge Racer and Samurai Warriors on day 1 (Mar 27).
I played with the built-in games for a while (loved the AR games).

I just bought SSF4 and Pilot Wings now so I will have to test these 2 out first.

As of now Samurai Warriors looks great, but the attack speed of the main guy is slow. I'm pressing Y 3x a second but the guy only slashes 1x per second. It maybe because of his big ass sword.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assax said:
I think it is okay-ish, neither the best nor the worst title that you could pick out of the launch ones.
If you have not played the original (as you stated) and enjoy platformers you might enjoy it.
If you don't care about getting all the Lums (some elfish things, don't know really
rolleyes.gif
That's my main concern. From the Rayman games that i HAVE tried out, i haven't really bothered to collect all the fruits/cages/orbs. Just in a few worlds.

anyone with Samurai Warriors, would you say the game's enough of a time consumer without getting boring?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samurai Warriors looks and plays like a PSP game from the series... I was quite disappointed... But it's a game both me and my wife would play so that's more or less the reason I got it.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
koji2009 said:
Samurai Warriors looks and plays like a PSP game from the series... I was quite disappointed... But it's a game both me and my wife would play so that's more or less the reason I got it.

lucky you your wife is willing to play with you. my gf isnt a game fan.
frown.gif

anyway, I like samurai warriors but it sometimes it gets boring.

"Go here, kill someone."
"Go here, kill someone."
"Go here, kill someone."
"Oh! Your party member is dying! ASSIST!"
"Go here, kill someone."

Thats it. But hack and slash games have always been like that anyway so..

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have experience with Zelda 3D yet? How well does it translate to 3d? How well do the controls match up? Anything new other than the switch to 3D?

lapatateinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bwillb said:
Anyone have experience with Zelda 3D yet? How well does it translate to 3d? How well do the controls match up? Anything new other than the switch to 3D?

It's not out...

They said they would release it in the "Launch Window" which is pretty large IMO.

They say Pilotwings is low on content, but I find missions are varied and there is a lot of stuff to do. And, mostly, score attack. Because you probably won't get all on these 3-stared on your couple first tries. And Free Mode looks like the Airplane things in Wii Sports Resort, but only 2 minutes ( D=< ) and a lot more content.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
iMasaru said:
Assax said:
rolleyes.gif
That's my main concern. From the Rayman games that i HAVE tried out, i haven't really bothered to collect all the fruits/cages/orbs. Just in a few worlds.

anyone with Samurai Warriors, would you say the game's enough of a time consumer without getting boring?
I can't comment on Samurai Warriors Chronicle since I don't have it yet, but Warriors Orochi 2 on PSP and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 on 360 have consumed a huge amount of my time without getting boring.
Have you played any Koei Warriors games before?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I picked up Pilotwings Resort and Street Fighter on top of Rayman 3D today.

I already talked about Rayman, so I'll talk about my new games.

Pilotwings seems to be almost exactly like the demo at Best Buy. There aren't that many missions, it seems like you can beat them in a day easily. I picked it up because I just like mindless flying games. In Wii Sports Resort, I could just fly around for an hour straight not even doing any missions, so the free-play mode will entertain me after I beat all the missions. So far, I think Pilotwings has the best 3D, if people care about that.

And as for Street Fighter... I haven't played it yet. It seems like everyone is loving it. I don't like fighting games so let's see how that goes...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nottulys said:
HANDS DOWN to me, Samurai Warriors takes the cake...replayability, gorgeous 3D, and all you can kill...enough said.

That's reassuring. I know a lot of folks, especially media critics, love to rag on the DW games (and its offshoots like this), but those games can offer plenty of guilty pleasure. I thought it looked impressive visually, and I'm glad to hear the 3D is decent.

Still...this launch line-up is so weak. SSIV looks great, but I could never go back to a pad of any type after playing on a stick. I'm sure the novelty is neat, but $40 is too much for a novelty. Hopefully, the summer will bring with it some must-buy titles.

Arschkrampi

The Purple Avenger
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I picked up quite a few games, since my girlfriend got a 3ds too. We have:

Sims 3 : She likes it a lot. Shame they didn't give it more than 1 saveslot.
Nintendogs: Got this twice and we both like it. The dogs are so cute.
Samurai Warriors: Bought it because someone on here said it is one of the bigger titles content wise, but I don't like it that much. just hack n slay...
Street Fighter: Hmm. Yeah. Always sucked at fighting games. Still do
wink.gif
But multiplayer is fun
wink.gif

PilotWings: Pretty cool but too short.
Lego Star Wars: Very good. My gilfriends favorite game. Sound & gameplay are fantastic
Ghost Recon: My favorite game. Battles are fun and 3D effect is amazing.

Nottulys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Nottulys said:
Well I said I wouldnt buy another damn Street Fighter, but I did, and its cool and all, especially after whooping a couple of people Online(in Arcade mode to try it out, and before I could play the 1st match, "Heres comes a New Challenger..."X2) its just another Street Fighter, and it hasnt changed since Alpha 2...IMO.

HANDS DOWN to me, Samurai Warriors takes the cake...replayability, gorgeous 3D, and all you can kill...enough said.

Damn I wish there was more 3DS games out already...

What is your favorite Launch title?
How is Samurai Warriors' gameplay? To which game can you compare its gameplay?

Like one of the PSP ones, but not the 1st two where you got to go to each square on the map, and wait for it to load each damn thing...I still cant believe how seemless it is for a cart, I've seen at least 20-30 people on screen at once, and im only on the 2nd mission with a level 25...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And sometimes Z