Hacking Best way to load Wiiware from USB?

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have read many things. I know you can use UNEEK, and I know you can use Triiforce/Might Channels, but I have had no luck with the Triiforce method. I have followed the tutorials I have found to the letter, and it always says that it can't find any installed titles. ShowMiiWads says they are in place, but nothing on the Wii. I think UNEEK is the better way to go, but I'd rather be able to use my regular NAND for everything other than Wiiware. If I set up UNEEK, is there a way I can just launch into it from HBC? I have WiiFlow working like a dream. I'd love to be able to have everything in WiiFlow, but I don't know if I can do that.

Please point me in the right direction to get something to work.

Thanks in advance

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think , you can try with wad2iso so you can put the iso of your wiiware in the hdd and load them with all usbloader like a normal iso.
you can emulate wiiware/vc with Uloader, only need sd/usb in FAT32, in the root built a folder a rename it " nand" inside this built an other folder and rename it " install". Inside install put your wiiiware/wc.
load uloader , it automatically detects the wiiware/vc and install in the sd/usb. When it has finished , clic in the tab FAT e you can see you channels. For every channels you can choise which ios to use from 222/223/224 to load it

joe_blow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used triforce_mrc a while back and it worked well but you have to have the right cIOS which I think was cIOS249r14 but not sure.

There is a lot of flux currently with the development of Mighty Channels. To get it to work you have to have the right cIOS and Mighty Channels version. I think the current cIOS that is being tested, cIOSX d2x v3beta6 with base 56 works somewhat with the latest iteration of Mighty Channels, mighty_channels_beta5_MOD_d2x_v3beta5. Also the meta.xml that launches Mighty Channels MUST correctly specify the cIOS slot of your cIOSX d2x v3beta6, (248, 249, 250 or whatever). Don't use a forwarder, it will most likely ignore the meta.xml. In addition, in the meta.xml you can specify the location of your emulated nand (SD, USB, folder). I recommended reading through the last 10 pages or so of the Mighty Channels thread...

http://gbatemp.net/t271798-mighty-channels

When Mighty Channels matures it will defiantly be the most elegant choice for Wiiware but until then Sneek is probably your best bet.

If uLoader works that may be a good choice also but I haven't played with it's nand emulation much.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wasabisun said:
i think , you can try with wad2iso so you can put the iso of your wiiware in the hdd and load them with all usbloader like a normal iso.
I second this option (in fact, I still have all my wiiware forwarder covers in wiiflow). However, there is one big issue here:

wad2iso basically produces the equivalent of windows shortcuts. It runs triiforce with predefined settings like which video to force, which IOS to use and that sort of stuff. In other words: if you can't get a game to run under triiforce, wad2iso won't work (it's like creating a shortcut to a program that doesn't work).

Just to check...did you followed this guide as well? Your problem sounds like either your folders aren't correctly put in the root of the USB drive (so it's like USB:\title, USB:\shared2, USB:\meta and about 4 or 5 others) or that you don't have rev17 installed (in cIOS249).

uLoader often gets a bad rap because of the ugly interface...but it has some decent advantages when it comes to wiiware loading (it has its own installer, works within a nice subfolder and afaik, wiiware compatibility is still better than mighty channels).

Using triiforce_mrc or mighty channels...I'd keep that as a third alternative. To be honest, I think it's likely you'll run into the same thing (those are somewhat built upon triiforce).

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WAD2ISO confuses me. I would like it if this would work (and I know that not everything is compatible with the method), but when I use wad2iso, it creates 6 mb files, and when you install them, they show up the WiiFlow, then yo ulaunch them and it says that it can't find loader.dol (which is in the SD root, as I have read is correct). What am I missing for the title install? Does it only work if I have the Wiiware installed on the NAND?

I'm really confused. I have tried Mighty Channels and Triiforce. I have the emulated NAND in the root of the SD card (and I've tried USB too), and I have tried the newest Mighty Channels that is supposed to work with the NAND in a folder called /NAND and rev21dx2, as suggested. No dice for me.

I'm currently installing things with uLoader as suggested so I'll try that, but it would be nice to have a slicker interface.

Anyways, all your input would be greatly appreciated to get me on the right track.

Thanks in advance

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
drmarvin said:
WAD2ISO confuses me. I would like it if this would work (and I know that not everything is compatible with the method), but when I use wad2iso, it creates 6 mb files, and when you install them, they show up the WiiFlow, then yo ulaunch them and it says that it can't find loader.dol (which is in the SD root, as I have read is correct). What am I missing for the title install? Does it only work if I have the Wiiware installed on the NAND?
Like I said just a post earlier: only use wad2iso if you can get triiforce to work. Those 6MB files are nothing but forwarders. You need to install that wad to the emulated nand as well, or it will just forward to a black screen.

Oh, and you misread Tristan's instructions (linky): "The folder NandGames (containing Loader.dol) will be created within the Wad2ISO folder each run, and must be copied to the root of your SD or USB (You only need to do this once)". In other words: you need to have SD:\NandGames\Loader.dol.

...and the emulated nand in the root of the SD card (the used version of triiforce definately doesn't support any subfolder shenanigans).

QUOTE(drmarvin @ Mar 1 2011, 01:38 AM) I'm really confused. I have tried Mighty Channels and Triiforce. I have the emulated NAND in the root of the SD card (and I've tried USB too), and I have tried the newest Mighty Channels that is supposed to work with the NAND in a folder called /NAND and rev21dx2, as suggested. No dice for me.
I can tell why that won't work, but once again...if you can't get triiforce to work, mighty channels won't work either. And if you don't get mighty channels to work, that /NAND folder thingy certainly won't work. So...please come back when you DO get a wiiware game to work under emulation. Learn to walk before you try to run, okay?
smile.gif

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
If I set up UNEEK, is there a way I can just launch into it from HBC?

If you have bootmii installed as boot2 you can try using switch2sneek. I haven't used it but supposedly you can launch it from HBC and it will reboot into your uneek nand. If that doesn't work for you I would just build a sneek nand on a spare SD card and boot to it whenever you want to play Wiiware and VC games. A usb drive is nice if you want to build a huge nand but you are still limited by the number of channels you have. Uloader and Mighty Channels will get you around the channel limit but the compatibility just isn't there yet. I thought I read that "marc_max" was working on a possible solution to the channel limit in sneek. There will be a lot of happy Wii owners if that ever happens.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
For me, sneek/uneek all the way for wiiware.
Since its just emulating a real nand, everything works perfect as it should. All games boot (obviously provided you have the correct ios installed on your emulated nand).
And unlike other forms of nand emulation and wiiware/vc loading, this one you can actually use the wifi. Tetris Party multiplayer me and my mrs used to be hooked on so wifi for wiiware comes in handy.

After getting sneek/uneek setup, I can't see why anybody would load wiiware any other way.

As for launching sneek, provided you have bootmii as ios, then to boot it you just select bootmii from within the homebrew channel.
If there is any wiiware you play on a very regular basis then just install it properly on to your genuine nand. Only if you are 100% with everything though including the rom.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got SNEEK working finally. I'm very excited. I just need to install switch2sneek to my emulated NAND and I'm all set.

The other option would be using BootMii as IOS if there was a way to have that boot to SNEEK and boot2 to boot normally, but I don't know if that's possible.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Donkey Plonk said:
After getting sneek/uneek setup, I can't see why anybody would load wiiware any other way.
Please don't stone me if I'm wrong, but...

Isn't sneek/uneek slower to run?

(the second reason - I don't like the interface - is gone because joyflow seems to play into it).

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
Isn't sneek/uneek slower to run?

(the second reason - I don't like the interface - is gone because joyflow seems to play into it).
Slower? Not for me it hasn't been. There is a slight delay prior to the system menu opening I guess, but no more than you would if you were launching triiforce/mighty channels.

You don't like the interface of sneek? Its the system menu? sneek has no interface, its just the actual wii system menu

I get if you prii into wiiflow for example, then I can see how you may want everything to boot from there. This will be possible eventually I reckon since Joyflow is now up and running (I haven't had chance to have a butchers at it yet so not sure on completeness etc) but I'm assuming the general idea is to port wiiflow to work on sneek fully eventually with all its features, in which case channel loading will also be part of it. Then get prii to boot direct into sneek and setup prii on sneek (if this is possible) to then boot straight into joyflow. Job done.

Plus as I understand it, the dev who is porting wiiflow to joyflow is now working on wbfs support so soon there should be no need to do anything in real nand. Completely eliminating any possibility of bricking! This has been one of the reasons I haven't changed yet. Can't be bothered to discEx my game library.

Personally I don't use sneek yet, I'm happy with wiiflow and happy that I'm not gonna brick the shit plus if I did I could fix it so see no point introducing another step. Although I have set it up and checked it out, I'm sure game loading seemed to be a tiny bit delayed, but nothing unusable.

I will give it a blast if I get some chance this weekend though. But yeah for wiiware, it does it spot on right now and as far as I'm concerned thats more complete and therefore better than triiforce/mighty channels.
Plus the fact that waninkoko's cios' past rev14 are ALL fubared when it comes to triiforce/mighty channels. Was murder to get going first time without knowing this, lol.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this JoyFlow thing works out, with the WBFS support, do we figure that it will work with FAT32 partitions? If so, you can use wad2ISO to have a nice WiiWare interface. If this is the case, it would be very nice.

Then, I'm wondering if there is a way (much like priiloader), do make a SNEEK NAND boot directly into an app (like JoyFlow). I was under the impression that priiloader didn't get along with SNEEK, so I'm wondering if there are any other options.

Again, thanks for all the help. I didn't have any luck with switch2sneek, but I'm going to try Bootmii Config Editor 2.6 to switch between things.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
drmarvin said:
If this JoyFlow thing works out, with the WBFS support, do we figure that it will work with FAT32 partitions? If so, you can use wad2ISO to have a nice WiiWare interface. If this is the case, it would be very nice.

Then, I'm wondering if there is a way (much like priiloader), do make a SNEEK NAND boot directly into an app (like JoyFlow). I was under the impression that priiloader didn't get along with SNEEK, so I'm wondering if there are any other options.

Again, thanks for all the help. I didn't have any luck with switch2sneek, but I'm going to try Bootmii Config Editor 2.6 to switch between things.

Why wait for wbfs support and use wad2ISO? Hit the channel button in JoYflow and there's your WiiWare interface. Also if there will be wbfs support in JoYflow it's gonna work completely different than in normal usb loaders.

Priiloader 0.4 works with Uneek and can be used to boot directly into JoYflow

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi OverJoy

I am having a tough time finding out how to get priiloader installed to SNEEK/UNEEK. Is it now as simple as running the installer from HBC from the emulated NAND?

Also, what is the most reliable way to get HBC running on the emulated NAND? I did a wad dump from my NAND dump, and installed it to the emulated NAND, but nothing showed up. I read another way, but I haven't tested it yet.

Thanks

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
drmarvin said:
Hi OverJoy

I am having a tough time finding out how to get priiloader installed to SNEEK/UNEEK. Is it now as simple as running the installer from HBC from the emulated NAND?

Also, what is the most reliable way to get HBC running on the emulated NAND? I did a wad dump from my NAND dump, and installed it to the emulated NAND, but nothing showed up. I read another way, but I haven't tested it yet.

Thanks
To install priiloader (I haven't done it as haven't messed much with uneek etc yet but this should be right).
Try just installing it via the standard priiloader installer from within your emulated nand.
If for some reason it doesn't work, install it to genuine nand, dump that nand, extract the system menu ios and replace it to your sneek nand.

I imagine that should work but as I say I haven't tried it, just thinking logically

As for HBC, you need to get version 1.0.7 and install that to genuine nand overwriting 1.0.8, then dump that nand, extract HBC and put it in to your sneek nand via showmiiwads. 1.0.8 won't work, you need the HBC with title JODI, the scrambled title is no good

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried that with the JODI version with no luck. It just doesn't show up. Also, I have SNEEK working just fine, but when I try UNEEK, it just sits at the black screen, even when I build everything from ModMii straight to the drives that are used. I must be missing something. I have a Seagate Go and it works for everything else.

Any ideas ?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
drmarvin said:
I have tried that with the JODI version with no luck. It just doesn't show up. Also, I have SNEEK working just fine, but when I try UNEEK, it just sits at the black screen, even when I build everything from ModMii straight to the drives that are used. I must be missing something. I have a Seagate Go and it works for everything else.

Any ideas ?
What you tried what xflak showed in the link above with the bootmii ticket?

By the way, where is everybody getting these HBC 1.0.7's? I can't find a copy online anywhere

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
drmarvin said:

Any ideas ?

I have probs with Modmii build as you do, but SneekyCompiler SSE works fine. I must have an issue with my hardware, its all I can think of

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Donkey Plonk said:
By the way, where is everybody getting these HBC 1.0.7's? I can't find a copy online anywhere
Team Twiizers doesn't like others mirrorring the HBC. Getting it in .wad form would just make it easier to redistribute it. I'm not even sure I can upload my version somewhere without the moderators removing the link.
unsure.gif

I obtained it by installing the 1.0.7 version (thank God I keep just about every file I ever download somewhere on my PC), then dump my nand, then using another program (I think showmiiwads, but I'm not sure) to pack it as a wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious