Hacking Better Performance on 4.3? True or False?

yunior597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, anyone who have updated to system menu 4.3 via wanin or nintendo... have you noticed any performance upgrade?

I know it must be a trap from nintendo to make user update the system... but i want to confirm that, if it woth updating via waninkoko...

Thanks in advance.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...why would there be a performance upgrade?

In the notes to every update that has the sole purpose of blocking homebrew, they always say that it is behind-the-scene updates that may increase performance. It only blocks homebrew, but they don't want the people who don't use it to know what it is.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The updates of nintendo make sense to those who are ignorant and/or don't know homebrew and the benefits of homebrew.
The only update I remember been useful was the one that made ppl boot channels from sdhc. I think that was 4.0.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ninty cunningly say something along the lines of "There is no noticeable improvement, but its behind the scenes". This may indeed be true, we cannot prove otherwise (I mean, it can't take them this long to update the list of banned title IDs and make an error appear for malformed banners, can it?), perhaps they have tidied the code a little, but not in such a drastic way that it makes much difference.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OP, the bottom line is that there is any better performance?: answer= maybe, if you gonna feel the improvement?: answer= NO! (as reported by majority of ppl and websites like hackmii etc.)

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd upgrade to 4.1 if you havn't already. Other than that just install the 4.3 shop channel. If there are any improvements you'll need a high speed video camera to notice them. I'm still on 4.0 with no reason to update.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have not experienced the under the hood improvements or performance upgrade of 4.2 yet
wink.gif

Still on 4.1

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exactly.

I'm not getting why people are upgrading to 4.2/.3 and using patches to regain their hacks when the new system menus do nothing except block homebrew. There is literally not another change.

The last system menu to add something was 4.1, which was just a bugfix but it doesn't block anything that 4.0 didn't, so that's why I use it. Granted, I don't use the game in question for the patch or the SD menu, but meh.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only "performance" upgrade, if there is one, is to the system menu itself. Your games won't run better at all.

Games use a specific IOS to run. If you use a USB loader, you're using a custom IOS and Nintendo's upgrades will never help you.

If you play a retail game that requires one of Nintendo's new IOS's, use DOP-IOS to get it.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Exactly.

I'm not getting why people are upgrading to 4.2/.3 and using patches to regain their hacks when the new system menus do nothing except block homebrew. There is literally not another change.

Ok, I'll explain a little about this:

There are 4 categories of individuals that may apply for this:

1. The individual that psychologically has stated in his mind that newer is better. This the most common. You can see people asking something they know won't do anything good/better but want to acquire anyways. eg " I KNOW 4.3 DOES NOT BRING SOMETHING NEW, SHOULD I UPDATE MY WII TO 4.3?". Have you heard that question before?

2. Knowledge. Each individual is curious about things and is it normal they want to know how something works so they can feel safer towards it in case they "accidentally" update.. They know that sometimes to know something they have to taste or test that something so that's why they update.

3. Ability to help others. (Almost the same as knowledge except this is not limited to one's safety but to share the safety with others). Most people around here hack their family and friends wiis. It is normal they want to know everything necessary to help others instead of running into a situation where one have to say "I can't hack your wii because you are on 4.3 sorry".

4. The challenge. If I happen to be a dev, this is the perfect situation to test my skills in the dawn of the arisen system menu. Devs like to put theirs skills and brains into action, overcoming most obstacles and finding/learning new solutions to new problems. Each dev learns something new during their tests and it is obvious that no matter this update is useless or not, it represents a challenge that must be beaten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4