Bioware Considers Mass Effect DS

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I love Mass Effect, but they already have a trilogy planned and I think I'd rather see them stick to it while it's still excellent on it's own.

If they're going to start experimenting on the DS, they should start with Dragon Age or another new IP. Or someone else's IP that's already currently crap like they're doing with Sonic.

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
shawnieboy said:
I highly doubt this game will be good. You might say you don't need graphics, but try going back to a really old consoles game. Just try... you get bored as soon as it starts up because it's horrible graphics hurts your eyes.

You're 13yo at max aren't you?

I still play a lot of Genesis and SNES games these days..
smile.gif
But I have a brother who is 27, and he had pretty much every old school console. RPGs, arcade games, and some adventures never get old ( my favorite game is Time Stalkers for DC), but, why play a 2D shooter that's blurry as hell, when you can play a game like Cod4?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shawnieboy said:
But I have a brother who is 27, and he had pretty much every old school console. RPGs, arcade games, and some adventures never get old ( my favorite game is Time Stalkers for DC), but, why play a 2D shooter that's blurry as hell, when you can play a game like Cod4?
Because Gunstar Heroes is better than Call of Duty 4?
Because good games are still good?
I might have been bored with CoD4 already & fancy playing something else?
Reliving memories?

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
shawnieboy said:
I highly doubt this game will be good. You might say you don't need graphics, but try going back to a really old consoles game. Just try... you get bored as soon as it starts up because it's horrible graphics hurts your eyes.
Kid I can happily play games that are 30 years old and enjoy them just as much as today's classics.

Also I've fount that some 2D game age a lot better than some 3D games.

EDIT: Cockroachman, I'd doubt he's 13, just ignorant. My nephew is 8 and can enjoy H.E.R.O. and that came out in 1984.
Don't be fooled by my horrible grammar... I'm 13.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shawnieboy said:
You sir, are really, really spoiled. Games from 20-10 years ago are still great, and some games on SNES are still beautiful.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Trolly said:
Hm, Mass Effect is awesome, but how would it work on the DS? It's meant to be a big-budget presentation-heavy kinda game.
I guess they liked making Sonic Chronicles so much, they wanted to make another DS game.
well if thats true, than that means Sonic will be good! *hopes and pleas*

fuck yea bioware

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's get some perspective on this concept. We're talking about a company here that with all the resources of the PC at their disposal couldn't be arsed to design more than five buildings for the entire game. Now you're talking about making one on a platform with barely a fraction of the resources?

I suppose the one thing working for it is that the majority of Mass Effect was landing on one planet per solar system to collect five items from the same crashed probe that's on every other planet, so it's not like they have much of a game mechanic to reproduce+scale for the DS.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What are you on about boy? Mass Effect was an awesome game. If you can't accept that, you don't deserve to be a gamer!
tongue.gif

Anyway, yeah, the sidequests were stale as hell, but the main story made up for it. And it's one of the best looking games out there, you can't really accuse them of not using the resources of PCs.

Annnnd, they rendered far more than five buildings, perhaps you haven't even played the game?

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds good to me.

As long as it doesn't end up as a half-assed attempt to port the game. Which I will forever keep in mind if Bioware were to mess this up. Don't forgive, and don't forget.

K, I'm only being harsh cuz Mass Effect was gawdly and anything less would tarnish its rep.

P

pasc

gaboumafou said:
pasc said:
Some redacteurs wrote that they consider the last Gen (Ps2, XboX GC) and the current handhelds (PSP, DS) to be all that the current gamer need, since they think PS3 and Xbox360 are overrated Platformoptions.

Futher they say that:

- Metal Gear Solid 4 could easily have sold more if they had made it on PS2 while loosing nearly no features Gameplayaspect-wise

- Rockstars decision to make a GTA on the DS is further proof that people will play a game on a lower tech system as long as it works the same as on bigger consoles.

So the conclusion is that they think that the current gen systems (except wii, psp, ds) are overrated and should have never been invented and they where fine with last gen graphics.

They also think that the customer would be happy with PS2 or even DS Graphics for that matter.

I guess Bioware Rockstargames and Square Enix and even Trackmanias Developer think the same (not to forget Activision and EA).
Do you have a link to this text? It look interesting!
sorry, it is:

a) a german text
and
b) I can't find it anymore... *runs* sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1