Hacking BootMii 0.3 causing black screen at startup?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on system menu 4.1 with Preloader 0.29 installed. Ever since I installed BootMii 0.3 (Installed as boot2 and as IOS), a lot of times when I power up my Wii, I get a black screen. I have to power off my Wii manually and try to turn it on again and sometimes it will turn on or I will get the black screen again. Usually if I do get the black screen error, the most it will happen is 4 times in a row.

Is there anything possibly in my Preloader settings that can be causing this to happen or is it a BootMii bug? Again, this never happened to me before I installed BootMii.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yyhhggtt said:
Is the SD Card put into the Wii correctly? Try reinstalling bootmii and resetup the SD card, try formating the SD card, etc.
Yes the SD card was put in. I tried reformatting and reinstalling BootMii but its still the same problem. Yesterday it happened 8-9 times in a row and the only way I was able to get into my system menu was to use Preloader.

I was wondering if it has something to do with just powering the Wii up when using the power button on the console and/or my video cable setup since I am using an S-Video cable through a port replicator. But again, I tried my Wii again without BootMii and it booted up 30x in a row with no problems.

I wonder if the new BootMii from 0.4 Test 1 will work better for me. I hate using anything that is pre-beta.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metroid4life14 said:
did you try booting your wii without the sd card or with the sd card but w/o the files?
Actually I have tried that a few times in a row and its been booting just fine.
smile.gif
Could it be because of my specific SD card or because of the BootMii files on it?

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii has really bad sd card compatibility (not to mention how glitchy .3 is...). It's very possible. I wouldn't worry too much about it, or if you are, try a couple other sd cards.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also it could be your video mode, see if it works fine with regular composite cables instead of your S-Video connection. The bootmii.ini file has one of the 3 options of configurations dealing with video modes so maybe you also could try editing that to be for progressive or something.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, when booting your wii w/o a sd card in the sd slot, you should see 3 flashes of blue light. If you do, bootmii has been properly installed.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get the same thing too with an sdhc card on boot. sometimes bootmii reads it fine but 9 in 10 times it chokes. doesn't happen on a non sdhc card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram