Hacking bootmii as Boot2 on a Wii that hasn't Boot2 availible?

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can not install bootmii as Boot2 as my wii is of the newer generation, i was wondering if i used a NAND from someone who had Bootmii installed as Boot2 and installed this NAND onto mi Wii would Boot2 now become available to me.

i know i would have to edit the NAND first as it was from someone elses Wii, but would this be possible? or is it just impossible to get BOOT2 on newer Wii's?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
I can not install bootmii as Boot2 as my wii is of the newer generation, i was wondering if i used a NAND from someone who had Bootmii installed as Boot2 and installed this NAND onto mi Wii would Boot2 now become available to me.

i know i would have to edit the NAND first as it was from someone elses Wii, but would this be possible? or is it just impossible to get BOOT2 on newer Wii's?

Your Wii has a boot2, every Wii does. Your boot1 however is fixed so that bootmii cannot install to boot2 without bricking your console beyond any sort of repair. This cannot be changed no matter what you do. You cannot install bootmii to boot2 on your Wii.

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok cheers guys, looks like im sticking with with it installed as IOS, well until someone who has BOOT2 available asks me to MOD there Wii for them, then ill swap them hehehehehhehehehe

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
ok cheers guys, looks like im sticking with with it installed as IOS, well until someone who has BOOT2 available asks me to MOD there Wii for them, then ill swap them hehehehehhehehehe
thats fucked i hope you get caught and get your wii bricks.
people like you don't deserve to hack wii's

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
xzxero said:
technom8t said:

hehehehehhehehehe
LOL

well it'll be the same thing as long as you transfer everything to it....(save files etc.) so why the heck would it matter??

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortune said:
xzxero said:
technom8t said:

hehehehehhehehehe
LOL

well it'll be the same thing as long as you transfer everything to it....(save files etc.) so why the heck would it matter??

That's kinda what I had planned to do sometime, too. lol

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand correctly, Boot1/Boot2 is contained in a chip that is soldered on the Wii. You won't be able to "swap" it with another Wii no matter what (unless you are VERY talented).

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
codone said:
If I understand correctly, Boot1/Boot2 is contained in a chip that is soldered on the Wii. You won't be able to "swap" it with another Wii no matter what (unless you are VERY talented).

QUOTE(G0dLiKe @ Sep 8 2009, 12:18 AM) As you say, if one is talented he can swap anything that is soldered.

I'm pretty sure he means he plans on physically taking the other persons Wii and giving them his

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 wii's - one that does not allow Boot2 and the other does. The one that does allow Bootmii to be installed as Boot2, has a broken disk drive, but I can use this one going forward for testing any new stuff, as if anything ever screws up, I have the Nand backup handy!

Once I have stuff tested on my BootMii Boot2 Wii, I will then carry out the same work on my IOS BootMii Wii .

If anyones interested, you can pick up a cheap Wii on ebay (console only mind) for about £50 with a broken disk drive. I bought 2 and both were able to install BootMii as Boot2. I gave one to my brother with a USB harddrive. The other is now my spare / backup .

If you search on ebay.co.uk for "faulty wii" there is a guy selling more than 10 Buy It now Wii's with a faulty disk drive for £49.99 free p&p . The chances of these being Boot2 compatible with BootMii is quite high . Not bad for a spare or if you want to setup a USB loader for a friend / family. (although it is console only so you'll have to buy the other parts) .

Leeuwtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hopefully people that give you their wii are smart enough to write down their serial number. You really have a sick mind that you wanna do that.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hmm... the infectus chip... anyone know if this have access to Boot1? Or is it just the NAND itself?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Boot1/2 ist stored in the NAND and we can read and write it with the infectus.
But it's useless.

It should be possible to exchange the new boot1/2 with another Wii but we can't use a older vulnerable boot1.

The Wii didn't start if we use another version of boot1 and this make it impossible to use bootmii.

If we didn't have a vulnerable boot1 we can't use bootmii as boot2 because the new boot1 didn't accept the bootmii code in boot2.

Thats the whole story.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hopefully and finnally the correct answer
wink.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
HiBit said:
But it's useless.

It should be possible to exchange the new boot1/2 with another Wii but we can't use a older vulnerable boot1.

The Wii didn't start if we use another version of boot1 and this make it impossible to use bootmii.

If we didn't have a vulnerable boot1 we can't use bootmii as boot2 because the new boot1 didn't accept the bootmii code in boot2.

Thats the whole story.

A long shot but... can´t the boot1 be patched? Just to enable the bugs again? Just a though.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
linuxares said:
HiBit said:
But it's useless.

Thats the whole story.

A long shot but... can´t the boot1 be patched? Just to enable the bugs again? Just a though.
Boot1 can only be written once, and that happened in the factory.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
linuxares said:
HiBit said:
But it's useless.

Thats the whole story.

Boot1 can only be written once, and that happened in the factory.

Boot1 is writable, but it's SHA-1 hash isn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious