Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BrandonG777 said:
cwstjdenobs said:
You need to learn how to read http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=84 is the issue you are talking about

No that's not the issue I was referring to.

This is the issue I was referring to..

http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=detai...5&project=6

I was referring to a couple different issues actually but that's my freaking point is that BootMii does affect other parts of the system it's not as clean as everyone thinks. As for the BOOT2.wad, I get a -1017 error.

But anyway, I don't care. Hell everyone install it. You have my approval. BootMii the first Beta software in history not to have any bugs. Excuse me while I go try to kill my liver and forget about this nonsense.

Again proving you can't read numb nuts.

[03:16:02] bootmii works almost perfect for me (nand backup great), just my sdhc card doesn't load anymore on homebrew channel 1.0.2.
[03:17:38] simple sd works, sdhc not. the cards contains the same files.
[03:18:59] i've try by reformatting with the nand backup and with the pc reformat
[03:19:43] if u need the sdhc model it's an sandisk sdhc 16gig extreme 3
[03:19:55] it worked on hbc 1.0.1

and if you notice there's no mention of emulators not working or it breaking SDHC for anything but the HBC. If you are having that issue and are not the one who filed the bug report I linked to then sign up on there and confirm it and help towards fixing it instead of just whinging and not doing anything to help

BrandonG777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
BrandonG777 said:
cwstjdenobs said:
You need to learn how to read http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=84 is the issue you are talking about

No that's not the issue I was referring to.

This is the issue I was referring to..

http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=detai...5&project=6

I was referring to a couple different issues actually but that's my freaking point is that BootMii does affect other parts of the system it's not as clean as everyone thinks. As for the BOOT2.wad, I get a -1017 error.

But anyway, I don't care. Hell everyone install it. You have my approval. BootMii the first Beta software in history not to have any bugs. Excuse me while I go try to kill my liver and forget about this nonsense.

Again proving you can't read numb nuts.

[03:16:02] bootmii works almost perfect for me (nand backup great), just my sdhc card doesn't load anymore on homebrew channel 1.0.2.
[03:17:38] simple sd works, sdhc not. the cards contains the same files.
[03:18:59] i've try by reformatting with the nand backup and with the pc reformat
[03:19:43] if u need the sdhc model it's an sandisk sdhc 16gig extreme 3
[03:19:55] it worked on hbc 1.0.1

and if you notice there's no mention of emulators not working or it breaking SDHC for anything but the HBC. If you are having that issue and are not the one who filed the bug report I linked to then sign up on there and confirm it and help towards fixing it instead of just whinging and not doing anything to help

Like I said EVERYONE GO INSTALL IT. I was lying it really works perfectly, not one single bug.

Now go pick a fight with someone else and grow up.

BTW, I use the same nick for my bug reports as I do on here.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Comment by bushing (bushing) - Saturday, 16 May 2009, 01:26 GMT-7 it does not break SDHC support in ftpii, unless ftpii is using IOS60/IOS61. we're going to limit ourselves to IOS55.
fixed in git, f43d8dd17d10d2b231be82c899ea60d0df775ba1

QUOTEComment by John_K (John_K) - Saturday, 16 May 2009, 09:20 GMT-7 Brandon, do not post what you think are additional bugs in the comments of another bug.

So post it in the bug I linked to, confirm the bug, and get people wanting to fix it. It's more likely the homebrew uses the HBCs IOS by default, have you tried downgrading the HBC to 1.01?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
No you're wrong! wink2.gif J/K. Seriously, Snes9X, FCE Ultra, VBAGX, ftpii and I'm sure others won't read SDHC cards after you install the current BootMii.

The issue you're talking about as far as the HBC, I downgraded my HBC with BootMii installed and it will read my SDHC card but almost every other app I use still won't read my SDHC card. Something about libogc, IOS60/61, I'm not for sure the BootMii folks currently have a fix they're trying but I had to go back to my 2GB SD card. The ftpii guy released a fix on his end that corrects the issue. blink.gif

SDHC support is BUILD IN application (via libogc), this does not magically disappear when you install BootMii

However, IF you installed BootMii as IOS(254) and IF the application reload that particular IOS, yes, maybe this can broke a lot of things (since libogc applications are not compatible with Mini/Bootmii) This can happen when DVDX is started by apps (depending on the DVDX installation you choose)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you try to load IOS254 from an app (or set it as your system menu IOS in preloader) it launches bootmii.

Try this

CODE#include
#include
#include
#include

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
ÂÂÂÂint ret = IOS_ReloadIOS(254);
ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

That will launch bootmii. Anyone wants to make a channel heres the dol http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmzwinztg1l/template.dol

BrandonG777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
QUOTE said:
Comment by bushing (bushing) - Saturday, 16 May 2009, 01:26 GMT-7 it does not break SDHC support in ftpii, unless ftpii is using IOS60/IOS61. we're going to limit ourselves to IOS55.
fixed in git, f43d8dd17d10d2b231be82c899ea60d0df775ba1

QUOTEComment by John_K (John_K) - Saturday, 16 May 2009, 09:20 GMT-7 Brandon, do not post what you think are additional bugs in the comments of another bug.

So post it in the bug I linked to, confirm the bug, and get people wanting to fix it. It's more likely the homebrew uses the HBCs IOS by default, have you tried downgrading the HBC to 1.01?

I did post it, that's why I said i post bugs under the same name. And as I said yes I did downgrade it works but the individual apps don't. The guy that wrote ftpii is the only one who fixed his app so far that I know of.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brandon, you haven't posted on the relevant bug report, there's no comments on coreduo0099s bug report and no votes for it. You think this is a bug with BootMii, but you're commenting on a totally different bug in the Homebrew Channel section, a known bug that's been worked on. I'm not having any problems so can't comment, but if you vote for and comment on the other bug, give them some info about your setup, you can help fix this for anyone else in the future.

But seriousley, a installing a boot2 wad from a game (Twilight Princess has it) and deleting IOS254 with ATD will fix your problem if it is BootMii related.

EDIT:
Oh, and some apps don't like how BootMii Backup formats the SD card, I had a few not like my 8GB SDHC card until I reformated it (error -1)

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed BootMii but only as Boot2, what does the IOS actually do? I already had homebrew channel installed with Twilight hack and upgraded with nintendo to 4.1E Do i need the IOS? is it useful?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't really need the IOS version but it won't hurt to have it. All it does is allow you to get to the bootmii menu from the HBC by pressing home in it and clicking launch bootmii (provided you have the most recent HBC as well)

The boot2 install is far more useful and is all that is really needed as far as bootmii is concerned. As long as you have boot2 bootmii installed with a NAND backup from it you have all you need from it.

Reactions: laz305

Sameal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
You don't really need the IOS version but it won't hurt to have it. All it does is allow you to get to the bootmii menu from the HBC by pressing home in it and clicking launch bootmii (provided you have the most recent HBC as well)

The boot2 install is far more useful and is all that is really needed as far as bootmii is concerned. As long as you have boot2 bootmii installed with a NAND backup from it you have all you need from it.

A bit off topic, however, I was searching for this answer.

Thanks man.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Sameal said:
nabster92 said:

A bit off topic, however, I was searching for this answer.

Thanks man.

"A bit off topic, however, I was searching for this answer."

Me too! Thanks!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why can i only install bootmii as a IOS and how can we change oi?
First of all: Please don't revive old topics ("necrobumping") without a good reason.

Anyway, the Wii boot process works like this:
boot0 (hardware ROM, cannot be overwritten) verifies checksum of boot1 and loads in on success. (→ Else crash, no boot)
boot1 verifies signature of boot2 and loads it on success. (→ Else crash, no boot)
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Boot_process

This signature check within boot1 has a bug that allows modifying boot2 without having a valid signature – but only on old Wii consoles.

If a Wii has the old boot1, BootMii on boot2 is possible.
If a Wii has the new boot1, changing boot2 without proper signature is not possible (and changing boot1 is not¹ possible at all).

With the help of leaked data, a properly signed boot2 can be used to load software from SD and this could potentially be used to bring a similar protection for all Wii consoles (not the Mini lacking the SD slot if not manually soldered in). However, sharing data like that is against GBAtemp rules.

Please install BootMii as an IOS and Priiloader. If you use @XFlak's ModMii (alternatively http://wii.guide/) , everything should work like intended and Priiloader will provide a decent level of brick protection.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol